Windows 8 officially revealed

vanhalen2007

Heres a liveblog from Engadget showing off Windows 8, this looks like it will be a great UI, and possibly the first to give Apple a run for its money

http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/01/live-fr...ndows-and-more/

Second link

http://www.winsupersite.com/article/window...nveiling-136340

Youtube vid from Microsoft

When you shift to windows 7, its hard to explain, but there is just lots of little things which make Windows 7 that little bit better, most of all I'd say are the new wi fi options, dealing with Windows on the desktop and the dock, Id strongly recommend getting it, just avoid Vista!

I'm not technically minded, so I don't know if my PC will handle the upgrade. All I know is that I have 2gb RAM.

I don't want to take over the thread with this so any PM's with some knowledge on what is required would be appreciated.

I don't think it's usually that much of an issue going from XP to Windows 7 technically and it certainly has all the ease of use you'd have experienced in XP and more - I was skeptical about changing from XP to 7 but i'm 100% glad i did - it's better in just about every way - once you get used to the slight changes on where things are and such it's amazing!

Going to look at windows 8 now - I'm hoping they haven't changed too much , i like the feel of windows, Mac OSx and such annoy the shit out of me in the way they're used, anyone who says OSx is better than win7 is a fool in my mind, it's not as easy to use, it's incredibly uncatagorised and everything seems a pain in the arse to do.

See i was actually somewhat excited, then i watched 1 minute of the video and was emo raging, i then decided i need to give it another look at least view the rest of the video, i lasted about 5 seconds until they reffered to shit as 'Apps' i then raged more... then i tried to watch some more, until it told me 'its designed for touch screen but it'll work well with a mouse and keyboard if that's what you have'

Lol... waiiiit a minute, what do you mean it'll work well? WHAT!? this is a PC OS and you're designing it for touch screen? What kind of backward crazy little bastards are you? This isn't a phone, this isn't a laptop with a nice tracking pad, this isn't a tablet pc... this is a PC... of course i have a keyboard and mouse, no i don't want your crappy tiles, no i don't want your stupid colourful display i want my damned task bar, I want my icons and i want my keyboard and mouse to be the primary device it was designed for! God damnit microsoft.

NONONO it's all wrong! I hate it i hate it i hate it i hate it!

I'm not technically minded, so I don't know if my PC will handle the upgrade. All I know is that I have 2gb RAM.

I don't want to take over the thread with this so any PM's with some knowledge on what is required would be appreciated.

http://windows.microsoft.com/upgradeadvisor

Microsoft have a utility you can download that will check your system for you.

Cheers for that, looks like I'm good to go.

I need at least 1gb RAM to run the 32bit, and 2gb RAM to run the 64bit. As I said I currently have 2gb RAM so installing the 64bit would slow my PC down. But what is the difference between the 32bit & 64bit? Is it literally just the graphics?

For someone in my line of work, Windows 7 was a big step back in terms of audio drivers, plugin compatibility, Windows internal sound mapping etc. Unless they sort all that out for Windows 8 I won't be moving from Apples any time soon.

Archived