DPW - August Anarchy 2011 - NGW Heavyweight Championship Match

Toga

Really Great Show! Every match added something to what became a VERY enjoyable night of wrestling. The main event was awesome, Just brilliant. A little surprised there was not more of a "Wrestling Crowd" in attendance? A lot of kids, Who"s parents were happy to let wander around during what was quite a wild brawl :rolleyes: .

I am very confident that NGW will deliver an equally fantastic show tonight as part 2 of the Yorkshire Doubleheader & I would encourage anyone to join me in support of the show tonight (Out of towners bring your Sat Navs or you will never find the venue!).

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good show which was ruined for me by the kids standing in front of us as well as climbing over us in the main event......needs sorting dpw before a kid gets badly hurt to be honest.......smoke machine caused most of my photos to be shite but will post a link this evening

Quote from Nathan Cruz's facebook page:

"Last night I had possibly the best match of my career with El Ligero and CJ Banks. Thank you both for such an amazing match and thanks to all who attended and made it such an incredible atmosphere to perform in"

Officially gutted I wasn't there! Look forward to seeing some photos from the show, or even videos if anybody has them?

Think I will add to the praise for last night. Very enjoyable show. As a few others have mentioned both Spud/Kraze & the Cruz/Ligero/Banks matches where both excellent. Nothing was bad. Can see myself making a return visit if DPW run there again.

good show which was ruined for me by the kids standing in front of us as well as climbing over us in the main event......needs sorting dpw before a kid gets badly hurt to be honest.......smoke machine caused most of my photos to be shite but will post a link this evening

Both these points are fair really. There was more than one occasion (particularly in the main event) when people had to move little kids (not their own) out of the path of oncoming/flying wrestlers so they did not get wiped out. The smoke machine got a little distracting by the end of the night - it might just be me but it seemed to start billowing smoke at pretty much random points during the night.

Thanks to Cobra Gordo for letting me sit with him and watch the show, I suspect it wouldn't have been quite as fun sat on my own.

A pleasure mate, was nice to meet you and have a chat.

Last night was probably one of the best DPW shows I've been to. The triple threat main event was utter brilliance, a highlight being Ligero landing on my wifes lap when he slingshotted over the top rope. The kids all over the place are a slight health and safety issue but without them screaming their heads off there would have been far less buzz.

Kraze/Spud was great, the overlong entrance was a touch of genius, the crowd were so pissed off by the time Kraze came out the pop was huge.

Standout of the night for me was Jack Gallagher. Absolutely blown away by him, the gimmick, the entrance music, the old school stance, the submission moves. Really wish I'd seen more of him before because he'd have been in my UK50.

I am a big fan of Gallagher and this show was full of talent who do what Gallagher has done- stand out as an individual. Spud, Kraze, Banks, Cruz, Ligero, etc all have their own identifiable persona and style and it works for me. Its what every wrestler he wants to be noticed should do, stand out on their own. This show was full of talent like that and it creates good chemistry for the matches and between wrestlers and fans

Standout of the night for me was Jack Gallagher. Absolutely blown away by him, the gimmick, the entrance music, the old school stance, the submission moves. Really wish I'd seen more of him before because he'd have been in my UK50.

you should of seen his match with Davey Richards then......will be out on dvd soon from FSW i believe

Haha you can see me leg it out of the way as Ligero dives over the top rope. Will definately have to snag a copy of this when it comes out.

You should of seen his match with Davey Richards then......will be out on dvd soon from FSW i believe

Cheers for that mate, I'll keep an eye out for it. Bet they worked well together.

Dynamic Pro Wrestling will be posting a review of the show tomorrow along with an initial official statement regarding the actions of Cameron Kraze following his unplanned and unshechduled announcement.

Haha you can see me leg it out of the way as Ligero dives over the top rope. Will definately have to snag a copy of this when it comes out.

Cheers for that mate, I'll keep an eye out for it. Bet they worked well together.

richards said it was his most enjoyable match ever!!!

Archived