DPW - August Anarchy 2011 - NGW Heavyweight Championship Match

Toga

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight is the night as Dynamic Pro Wrestling again roll into Pontefract Town Hall for our annual blockbuster summer show, August Anarchy.

Tonights show features a fantastic mix of live in-ring action in the way only Dynamic Pro Wrestling can.

Tonight history will be made when the first ever title defence of the New Generation Wrestling Heavyweight belt takes place on a show other than an NGW show! Current Champion Nathan Cruz returns to Dynamic Pro Wrestling with not only a championship around his waist, a very new attitude and outlook too but also a new partner to the ring as he will be accompanied to ring by "IT girl" Melanie Price!

Facing off against Cruz is one of not only the best stars currently in the UK but a DPW fan favourite as El Ligero challenges for this prestigious title.

With Colossus Kennedy not able to attend the show, it seems that No. 1 Contender Joey Hayes has himself become a target of the richest man in professional wrestling, Prince Mohmed Ameen! Challenged to put his No.1 Contendership on the line Joey Hayes will face a very stiff challenge just days after his birthday!

Full card is as follows:

DPW August Anarchy 2011

Summer Blockbuster

Cameron Kraze vs. Rockstar Spud

Handicap Match For The DPW Tag Team Championships

Martin Kirby

Cobra, doors have been at 6.30 for the last few shows, so I'd imagine they'll be the same tonight.

I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to the most...there's so much win on this card that it can't really fail to deliver. First show on my own in a while since Phil can't make it, so if anyone spots me (short ponytail, probably a blue hoody) looking rather lonely and quiet then come and say hi.

Cobra, doors have been at 6.30 for the last few shows, so I'd imagine they'll be the same tonight.

I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to the most...there's so much win on this card that it can't really fail to deliver. First show on my own in a while since Phil can't make it, so if anyone spots me (short ponytail, probably a blue hoody) looking rather lonely and quiet then come and say hi.

Cheers for that fella. I'll be there with the mrs if you want to sit with us, can't really miss me to be honest- shaved head, thick glasses, black tunnels in mi ears and quite a few tattoos.

Cheers for that fella. I'll be there with the mrs if you want to sit with us, can't really miss me to be honest- shaved head, thick glasses, black tunnels in mi ears and quite a few tattoos.

Cool, I'll keep a look out for you when I get there.

Results

Joey Hayes beat Prince Ameen

Jack Gallagher beat Danny Hope

Cameron Kraze beat Rockstar Spud

Martin Kirby beat The Myatts

Nathan Cruz beat El Ligero and CJ Banks

The main event was great and the spud/kraze match was very entertaining too.

a solid show with two standout matches for me personally - the Cam vs Spud match was a right laugh and just what I needed after a long day at work and a 90 minute journey to the show

the main event was outstanding with three of the best around battling all over the building, over two floors, and I genuinely thought there was a title change coming a couple of times, such was the quality of the match drawing me in

not a bad match on the card but those two pleased me the most, well worth the fairly long journey and I would recommend DPW to anyone after two visits, well done to all concerned

Wow...what a show that was tonight! Thanks to Cobra Gordo for letting me sit with him and watch the show, I suspect it wouldn't have been quite as fun sat on my own.

Was that smoke machine a new purchase for DPW? Definitely got some good usage in during the show and even seemed to go off at a couple of seemingly random points.

Great show from top to bottom. Spud/Kraze was absolutely brilliant. There's something beautiful about Spud spending the best part of a minute and a half or so during his entrance stood on the turnbuckle posing. Fantastic match too, both guys looked like they had a great time in the match and once they got down to business, they delivered. Bit of a shocker for Kraze to announce that he's leaving DPW...we'll see if there's anything more to that over the coming days and weeks.

What a main event that was though. The addition of Banks to make it a three way match was nice, and sort of made sense with him being a former DPW champion and on a roll this year in the ring. Didn't expect them to go brawling around the building, and I agree with Fye in that I felt we might get a shock title change.

I'd love to see some more photos from the show. Maybe it's my slight man crush on Spud, but I'd easily buy that photo (or a similar one) if it were possible.

Archived