Chinatown: Mafia Scum Thread

Carbomb

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FOS: SMS

Obviously i've done this previously but i'm bringing it to the front again, you were online for around an hour this morning, you even viewed this thread a fair amount yet we have no post to show from it, you're being rather quiet SMS... What're your thoughts on all of this?

Also Chris B - it's noted you were around too :)

Lets not get too ahead of ourselves here Bri although Ron is doing himself no favors and that could read as a defense of him. Lets see how Ron flips first.

Well clearly yes, we can't lynch 2 players at once. Speculating on potential scum-teams isn't "getting ahead of ourselves".

• Paid Members

I've got to say that Rons defensive state seems extremely agitated and it's done himself no favours at all, I'm not entirely sure I'll be here for deadline, I think with the way Ron's acted through a rather simple and somewhat expected FOS I'm going to go this way

unvote

Vote: Ron Simmons

I was awake early Chris, so I used that time to read through the game three times, whilst also having this thread open in another window whilst writing some emails.

I just don't have a clue at this stage, so right now I would vote for anyone, just so we have something to work with going into day 2.

My gut feeling says don't trust bristep, but I can't see anything he has done wrong yet, so it is just a hunch with nothing to back it up so I can't just vote on him for that reason especially when it looks like the main three suspects for today are me, Ron and Kenny.

Having played several more games with Ron than Kenny, I am not totally convinced about lynching Ron today, as I don't get a totally scummy vibe I usually get off him.

I don't get a totally scummy vibe from Kenny either, but would be happier to have me vote on Kenny, if I had to choose.

As my laptop is on it's last legs, most of my play will be done typing on a damn phone, so for that reason don't expect as many posts as normal from me because typing long messages like this on an iPhone is a pain in the ass.

I was awake early Chris, so I used that time to read through the game three times, whilst also having this thread open in another window whilst writing some emails.

I just don't have a clue at this stage, so right now I would vote for anyone, just so we have something to work with going into day 2.

My gut feeling says don't trust bristep, but I can't see anything he has done wrong yet, so it is just a hunch with nothing to back it up so I can't just vote on him for that reason especially when it looks like the main three suspects for today are me, Ron and Kenny.

Having played several more games with Ron than Kenny, I am not totally convinced about lynching Ron today, as I don't get a totally scummy vibe I usually get off him.

I don't get a totally scummy vibe from Kenny either, but would be happier to have me vote on Kenny, if I had to choose.

As my laptop is on it's last legs, most of my play will be done typing on a damn phone, so for that reason don't expect as many posts as normal from me because typing long messages like this on an iPhone is a pain in the ass.

I think that's half the problem, day phases are 5 days long this game so we were never going to get a concrete read on anyone D1 (unless it's glaringly obvious, or a stupid slip). Ron right now has ticked enough boxes to make his flip the best percentage chance of flipping scum in my mind, and it gives us a wagon to analyse and also some night actions to start paring down on.

• Paid Members

Im now going to be V/LA for most of the weekend so with no enough time left, Im going to have to place a vote and Im going to say currently my FOS's stay in place. In the meantime, I too think Ron is being too defensive and his constant theories based on previous games don't exactly make for good reasoning in this one. Also, that horrible WIFOM over brownie comes across like a play to try and drop myself and Hogan in it, it's as if it was the planned response too.

Vote Ron Simmons

• Paid Members
I've got to say that Rons defensive state seems extremely agitated and it's done himself no favours at all, I'm not entirely sure I'll be here for deadline, I think with the way Ron's acted through a rather simple and somewhat expected FOS I'm going to go this way

unvote

Vote: Ron Simmons

I'm playing the way I always play, I'm ALWAYS a suspect day one frustratingly.

See the way the votes have piled on? Is that not an indication something's not right?

I really don't want to be forced to claim here, but if people think it's time then I'll do that.

• Paid Members
No such thing as a day-doctor Seph. The only thing that would stop a day kill would be a bulletproof status, or a Paranoid Gun Owner in which case the vig/sk would die instead. A bomb, while not preventing the kill would mean that the sk/vig died too.

In Carbomb's last game, he told us that the Doctor's protection would carry over into the Day Phase. Of course a Doctor wouldn't have been able to submit a night action on the first day so it wouldn't have been able to help Brownie. Something to keep in mind though.

Anyway, Ron is looking defensive but I still think Kenny is the best choice of lynch for the day. He still hasn't clarified why he was so determined to find Brownie's killer, despite the possibility that it might've been a town vig and seems to have disappeared. It's also suspicious that the only bit of "hunting" he's done this phase is for a role that he said he thought was either third party or town.

Ron's answers are pretty weak ("Why would Carbomb make me scum again?" Seriously Ron?) but at least he is answering. Kenny isn't.

VOTE KENNY MCBRIDE

Ron : Why do you feel you would always be suspicious on Day one? Why not let things flow and have no suspicions at all?

Kenny McBride : thanks for the clarification, I have one further question for you. Of everyone so far, who is the scummiest player so far? Who should I be looking at? I know my role last time was very unique, but this time, it's far more simple. With no special discussion area, I'm kinda at a loose end this time, as I kind of relied on the pointers of the IC. IF you want to help me get a read of the game, please do. Although, I am suspicous of you trying to deflect onto me?

I am not going to vote yet. BUt if you could clear stuff up for me, I'd like that.

• Paid Members
Ron : Why do you feel you would always be suspicious on Day one? Why not let things flow and have no suspicions at all?

People suspect me because I try and respond to every point, the idea being I give people the information needed to make an informed decision. It's not 'defensive' as people suggest, it's just common courtesy. From now on maybe I should be selective about the points I answer. But people should realise - being selective is exactly what scum do. I'm not scum, so I'm responding to each point. I ALWAYS do that, so it's a stupid reason to lynch me. The mass pile on is pretty daft too, whether the pilers are scum or not, there's plenty time till deadline.

People suspect me because I try and respond to every point, the idea being I give people the information needed to make an informed decision. It's not 'defensive' as people suggest, it's just common courtesy. From now on maybe I should be selective about the points I answer. But people should realise - being selective is exactly what scum do. I'm not scum, so I'm responding to each point. I ALWAYS do that, so it's a stupid reason to lynch me. The mass pile on is pretty daft too, whether the pilers are scum or not, there's plenty time till deadline.

Who therefore is Scum in your opinion? Or is it too early to get a proper idea? I've got my suspicions.

Mod request: Votecount plz.

Sorry I've not been around for a bit. Busy day at work meant little posting time, my desktop at home is playing up and my phone is just a complete fucking nightmare. The weekend may be tough for me, but I'll do my best.

I'll just say one more time - I was wary of Dazz because I felt in the IC thread last game he was a little over-eager. I thought it would be worthwhile to press him and get some discussion going. I probably was a little clumsy in how I did it. Certainly my intention wasn't to out a vig, if we have one. If it was a vig though, taking a shot so early was anti-town play. That doesn't mean he deserves to die, but he needs to be a lot more careful if he has another shot to take. If he's an SK, well, we'll hopefully get more of a read tomorrow. Also, Ron said I was an "experienced" player. Bollocks. I replaced into one game and got killed that night. Last game was my first proper one. I'm far from "experienced." Anyway, unFOS Dazz. We'll see what happens kill-wise overnight and tomorrow and take things from there as far as our daykiller problem goes.

I have to say too, I'm not sure about this Ron wagon. I know it's getting closer to deadline, but I'm never comfortable when a wagon rolls so quickly on nothing very much. Chris Stone built a case out of very little, and having seen first-hand he is at throwing suspicion on innocent people, I have to wonder about that. I accept that Ron's (supplemental) reasoning - the "why would Carbomb make me scum twice?" bit - is not a strong defence, but I don't think it is even close to giving a scum read. I personally don't believe that roles are assigned as randomly as some people might like to believe. Maybe previous mods can offer an opinion on that. Still, it makes me somewhat suspicious of Stone and Bristep for building a weak case and everyone who's voted since. Since I don't like not having a vote out there (believe it or not, almost everything I said about strategy and so on last game was absolutely true), I'm going to place one now.

VOTE Chris Stone.

Archived