2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Celtic have been reinstated to the Europa League.

To be absolutely honest, it was the only fair decision. Five players (including one who scored two of the goals) aren't eligible to play in Swiss competition nevermind the Europa League. I have heard Celtic have been awarded two 3-0 wins.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. I'll be leaving the hoose bright and early for a tan. I fancy Scotland to win 2-0 but I wouldn't put money on it.

We have an away win in Europe :thumbsup:

3-0 Samaras Hat trick.

Seriously though this all messed up. Never one to complain at a free dinner but Celtic are now a pot 4 team when they were top of pot 2.

Also I am sure there will have been a significant number of Sion fans who have arranged trips to Atletico, Rennes or Udinese.

Now Celtic fans will do the same in their thousands but the decision is still subject to appeal.

To make things even more confusing Daniel Majstorović will now be suspended for being sent off in a match that never happened.

Correct decision and it would have been a disgrace if they weren't reinstated. Sion can't expect to be told by UEFA/FIFA to not include certain players, ignore them and get away with it.

I don't particularly care for either of the Old Firm, but all of the Gers fans I've spoke to have even said that Celtic should get back into Europe.

We have an away win in Europe :thumbsup:

3-0 Samaras Hat trick.

Seriously though this all messed up. Never one to complain at a free dinner but Celtic are now a pot 4 team when they were top of pot 2.

Also I am sure there will have been a significant number of Sion fans who have arranged trips to Atletico, Rennes or Udinese.

Now Celtic fans will do the same in their thousands but the decision is still subject to appeal.

To make things even more confusing Daniel Majstorović will now be suspended for being sent off in a match that never happened.

1. no you don't

2. no he didn't

3. match never took place as you say

I always expect the worst when Scotland go ahead in a game, because they always wind up switching off and sitting back. Scotland aren't good enough to do that. It doesn't really matter if the player dived for the penalty or not, because he was clean through anyways and if he didn't hit the deck would most likely have scored anyways. What the Scotland players SHOULD be asking is "why for both of the goals did they have at least three guys in acres of space when we had about eight guys behind the ball?" and maybe when they answer that, they can think about fixing it. They have have before though so I don't imagine they will this time either, and they even have the added bonus of the penalty decisions to paper over the cracks.

On the plus side, the players going forward were pretty good I thought. Darren Fletcher had what I'd consider his best game for Scotland. Had a slow first 25 minutes but he got himself about and did well. Naismith was atrocious. Brown was decent. Adam was hit and miss.

• Paid Members
I always expect the worst when Scotland go ahead in a game, because they always wind up switching off and sitting back. Scotland aren't good enough to do that. It doesn't really matter if the player dived for the penalty or not, because he was clean through anyways and if he didn't hit the deck would most likely have scored anyways. What the Scotland players SHOULD be asking is "why for both of the goals did they have at least three guys in acres of space when we had about eight guys behind the ball?" and maybe when they answer that, they can think about fixing it. They have have before though so I don't imagine they will this time either, and they even have the added bonus of the penalty decisions to paper over the cracks.

On the plus side, the players going forward were pretty good I thought. Darren Fletcher had what I'd consider his best game for Scotland. Had a slow first 25 minutes but he got himself about and did well. Naismith was atrocious. Brown was decent. Adam was hit and miss.

Quoted for truth.*

*Apologies for the pointless post, but I have the exact same views on the game today.

I say it every international game for the last 18 months. Levein is tactically inept. Sure he can spot a good young player and a player who can step up, however his tactics and changes are retarded as fuck.

We had to win yesterday, HAD TO. Playing what was 1 man up top was criminal. Miller is a great donkey to have if you have someone with class next to him, however yesterday was screaming for someone who isn't scared to try something different, dare I say it, the Rapist Goodwillie. The sooner we get rid of Harry Potter, and get someone who analyses how to play against a team with a reserve keeper in goal who plays for Dnipro in charge, then I will have hope.

He wasted his final substitution yesterday on a like for like switch and got punished. Taking Naismith off for Robson when any of the other 3 outfield players would have been smarter.

• Paid Members
I said back when Levein was brought in that we should have went with Souness instead, and my opinion hasn't changed.

Sounded is hardly astellar manager at club level, what makes you think he'd translate to the national stage? I'm encouraged by Levein, despite our record thus far. He seems to learn from his mistakes and I'm hopeful we'll give Brazil 2014 qualification a good stab.

Archived