2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Paid Members
What are you talking about? Nobody suggested there was.

It's Kendal he posts rubbish all the time. If enough people just ignore him he might go away again.

Ally any news on the Cuellar deal? I find it hard to understand how Rangers can find the money for Carlos, but don't have the money for Miller or Conways wages? :confused:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Super Ally didn't get the start he wanted. I thought Hearts were unlucky not to be 2 up at half time as they were streets ahead in the first half. Templeton's mugging changed the game and allowed Rangers back into it for the draw. More of the same please Super Ally.

It's Kendal he posts rubbish all the time. If enough people just ignore him he might go away again.

Ally any news on the Cuellar deal? I find it hard to understand how Rangers can find the money for Carlos, but don't have the money for Miller or Conways wages? :confused:

I think we've just prioritised bigger money for bigger players. We didn't particulary need Miller, although it would be nice to have him back. And we offered Conway 7,500 a week, double what he was on at Dundee Utd. So I don't think we should of offered him any more than we did anyways. I think he's on 9,000 at Cardiff, so good on him if he's in it for the money. But I wouldn't be over the moon if he signed for us at almost treble his Utd wages.

I suppose so. I mean, Stranraer must be fucking horrific. That's seven and then eight goals we've stuck past them in consecutive seasons. I said today to my big brother that any less than six goals scored and I'd have been livid. Eight will do me though and a clean sheet with our poor defending in the pre-season against anyone is a good thing.

Motherwell 3 Inverness 0

An absolutely superb first half display by the 'Well. There was something like eight scouts in the stands watching young Murphy, from a mixture of Premiership & Championship clubs, and he played superbly today :cry:

We took the foot off the pedal in the 2nd, but Inverness never really had much to offer.

Oh, and Lasley's goal in the 2nd half is an early goal of the season contender!

I suppose so. I mean, Stranraer must be fucking horrific. That's seven and then eight goals we've stuck past them in consecutive seasons. I said today to my big brother that any less than six goals scored and I'd have been livid. Eight will do me though and a clean sheet with our poor defending in the pre-season against anyone is a good thing.

Stranraer crumbled when the third went in. Not much in it until then. Colin Stewart does not look particularly good, for a guy that tall he dislikes high balls!

Also, had to present Paul Di Giacomo with a bottle of champers after picking him as man of the match. So, if my mug is in the Greenock Telegraph this week Haraga, I apologise.

Colin Stewart does not look particularly good, for a guy that tall he dislikes high balls!

He's a bit gunshy after a horrific ending to the season for him. I'm hoping a couple of easy weeks can sort of help him get his confidence back. We're looking for a goalkeeper though so maybe we're looking to replace him. We've lost Kevin Cuthbert. Apparently he was surplus to requirements. Aye, very good.

• Paid Members
As I've said many times before, NEVER EVER BET ON ABERDEEN.

Anyways, we should have won that game about 3-0, but none of our strikers took the chances.

Now I'm sure this will be debated, as it has been between my friends and I since. But am I wrong in thinking Ryan Jack's straight red was only worthy of a booking? He went in strong and missed the ball but he didn't go in two footed or with studs up?

It was a red card. Caught Davidson with his studs and had to go. Annoying really as with 11 men on the park I've no doubt we would have gone on to win the game.

Also, apart from the horrific Ludovic Roy I don't think I've seen a worse goalkeeper in the SPL than Peter Enckleman.

Just remember where we were sitting after 2 games last season. I hope Motherwell have a similarly successful season! :cool:

Ah, the first shot across my bow, eh? The season is a week old and the needling begins...

I've missed it! :D

Hamilton Academical v Partick Thistle

Falkirk v Dundee

East Fife v Elgin City

Livingston v Stirling Albion

Annan Athletic v Peterhead

Forfar Athletic v Morton

Dumbarton v Berwick Rangers

Ayr United v Raith Rovers

The draw for the second round of the Ramsdens Cup. Fuck. Right. Off. Not at who we drew. That's reasonable enough. Away again though? We ALWAYS seem to be away in the diddy cups!

Archived