2011/2012 Scottish Football Thread

David

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's what the managers & supporters of the losing side usually say.

It's what the winning side should be saying as well. They're too interested in potentially false hope for that though. I've seen enough of that to know what it's like. We've had one friendly so far and it's all positive as far as I'm concerned, but it means nothing if we don't go and start playing well in the league.

I'm pretty sure you're not reading too much into a 3-2 win over Morton and nor should you be. I always have a good laugh at the expense of people getting wound up by friendlies. Win, lose or draw.

No, but a 5-0 win over Dumbarton is impressive ;)

from what I hear Nicky Law bossed the game?

he'll have a big season for you, great signing. he was at City when McCall was here, best midfielder we've had since dropping out of the championship (well, either him or Furman) and he is destined for bigger things.

from what I hear Nicky Law bossed the game?

he'll have a big season for you, great signing. he was at City when McCall was here, best midfielder we've had since dropping out of the championship (well, either him or Furman) and he is destined for bigger things.

Yeah, he looks like a top class signing. If we can get a few seasons out of him and sell him on for decent cash I'll be happy enough.

Yeah, he looks like a top class signing. If we can get a few seasons out of him and sell him on for decent cash I'll be happy enough.

how long is his contract? he turned McCall down when he was OOC with us and went to Rotherham for more money. I think he's possibly turned down the better offers this time to try and repay Stuart, but might have his head turned later on, if he's still under contract at that point and you can get a fee then that's not as bad.

how long is his contract?

He's on a two year deal, which will more than likely see him move on next summer if he does particularly well this season.

I think he's possibly turned down the better offers this time to try and repay Stuart.

He's more than likely recognised the fact that Motherwell are a club that are known for bringing players in, getting the best out of them, which results in them getting a move and a more financially lucrative contract.

The fact we play regular European football won't hurt either. In fact, he's mentioned it a few times in interviews.

Tonight is also big Craggs testimonial against Partick Thistle at Fir Park.

EDIT: What's this I'm hearing about police wanting to cancel the Rangers vs Stirling Albion game at half-time due to sectarian singing from the Rangers end?

Tonight is also big Craggs testimonial against Partick Thistle at Fir Park.

EDIT: What's this I'm hearing about police wanting to cancel the Rangers vs Stirling Albion game at half-time due to sectarian singing from the Rangers end?

I don't think that the police wanted to cancel it. But they did want it stopped for a period to allow them to further warn the Rangers support that there would be arrests if they continued to sing sectarian songs.

As for Kenny Miller, I think that Bursuspor's desire for some kind of transfer fee might scupper Rangers interest. I am finding Ally McCoist's transfer strategy of talking about players he wants to sign in public before even contacting the selling club a little peculiar and, dare I say, amateurish.

Archived