To Be The Man, You Gottta....

Kata Ha Jime

Right, this might be stupid but here goes. Try to think of it as a Top 5 or a Top 10, just a Top, really.

If there were a list of "Must Do's" in the wrestling business to be "The Man". What would they be? Almost a step by step guide to being the greatest in the world. Now I know people will have different views so for arguments sake we'll say the company is WWE.

All I could think of is -

1. Debut in a popular tag team.

2. After a long face run, turn heel on your partner.

3. Singles run possibly with the I.C. or U.S. title.

Theres something about taking out the champ in there, winning the belt and bumping Taker off is streak I'm just not sure in what order.

So, what do you think?

If you...

1. Became 17 time World's champion.

2. Ended Taker's WM streak.

3. Won the Royal Rumble two years in a row, starting from the number one spot each year.

4. Beat Cena, Hogan, Austin, Rock and a returning Brock Lesnar in an Elimination Chamber to unify the WWE/WH titles.

5. Had more autobiographies published than Mick Foley.

... then you would be the man.

• Paid Members

... ummm... BEAT The Man?

Being the Man is very tough to clarify. Some people thought Vader was the man, and others Sid. But you have to realize, both were very very low in self-esteem, else they wouldn't have had any need to constantly ask "Who's the Man?" You MUST have confidence to be The Man. Surely being The Man doesn't require verification from a bunch of pencil-necked geeks.

5. Had more good autobiographies published than Mick Foley.

Fixed.

Right, this might be stupid but here goes. Try to think of it as a Top 5 or a Top 10, just a Top, really.

If there were a list of "Must Do's" in the wrestling business to be "The Man". What would they be? Almost a step by step guide to being the greatest in the world. Now I know people will have different views so for arguments sake we'll say the company is WWE.

Theres something about taking out the champ in there, winning the belt and bumping Taker off is streak I'm just not sure in what order.

So, what do you think?

Off hand in wwe I can't really think of many people who started in Tag Teams and becames a big star, I'm sure there is more but atm I can only think HBK, Bret Hart and Edge, and technically Christian turned on Edge...

So, what do you think?

Off hand in wwe I can't really think of many people who started in Tag Teams and becames a big star, I'm sure there is more but atm I can only think HBK, Bret Hart and Edge, and technically Christian turned on Edge...

All three were blatently alluding to HBK and he could be the man to be fair. Even though i have never been a fan, too much of a nancy boy for my likes.

Archived