The Official PWG Thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Just watched Steen/ Tozawa vs. Generico/ Ricochet from ASW8 Night One - fuck me, what a match. Show review up soon. In the meantime, here's what's on tap for Jan :

Kurtrusselreunion 3 - 29/1/12

Super Dragon, Kevin Steen & Akira Tozawa vs. El Generico, PAC & Yoshino

CIMA & Ricochet vs. RockNES Monsters

Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Roderick Strong

• Paid Members

Intrigued by the Kenny King vs Chuck Taylor match there, due to the ROH vs DGUSA feel of it. It's the sort of thing that would probably light up an ROH B-show undercard in a way you don't get much.

The Young Bucks vs. The American Wolves has been added to Kurt RussellReunion.

Pretty much agree about the Kevin Steen & Akira Tozawa vs. El Generico & Ricochet match, really great. The main event just went on too long. Lo-Ki/Hero coped alot better with the rope break.

Pretty much agree about the Kevin Steen & Akira Tozawa vs. El Generico & Ricochet match, really great. The main event just went on too long. Lo-Ki/Hero coped alot better with the rope break.

Low Ki and Chris Hero dealt with it and THEN some. One of the best matches in PWG history if you ask me.

KRR3 is looking like a corker on paper. The first one didn't deliver IMO, but the last one was great fun and this one HAS to deliver with a card like that.

• Paid Members

PWG Dio! (11 June 2010)

zkn3_pwg_dio.jpg

Business as usual in Reseda from SoCal's finest.

Things start with the usual crowd-pleasing display of flips, flops and fanciness from Jerome 'LTP' Robinson & Johnny Goodime vs. Phoenix Star & Zokre, before Ryan Taylor and Brandon Bonham deliver an impressive, enjoyable singles effort. By far the most intriguing-looking match-up on the undercard, however, is that pitting Akira Tozawa against 'The Professional' Scott Lost. While it is a short match, this is all-action, fast-paced fun which went down well with both me and the live crowd.

Despite their record-breaking title reign of terror coming to an end at the last show, The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) remain the most hated men in Reseda and continue to revel in winding up the passionate audience at every chance they get. Here, they team with their bemused little brother Malachai 'CK' Jackson for a trios match against the team that gave them a superb contest at 'DDT4' in The Cutler Brothers (Brandon & Dustin), themselves teaming with Joey Ryan. Between all the antics of The Jackson Three, the increasing pace and the relentless, red hot action, this is all terrifically entertaining fare. Interesting to see signature Young Bucks spots modified to add their sibling, including a sequence that should really be called Even More Bang For Your Buck. I was worried that the Bucks would lack direction or run out of steam after their title run was over, but a vicious post-match beatdown of the Cutlers sets things up nicely.

A women's match of Candice LeRae vs. Christina Von Eerie is pretty weak and sloppy in places (as with most US female wrestling) but is acceptable filler overall. Similarly, the semi-main of Chris Hero vs. Brandon Gatson isn't particularly interesting and seems to last a lifetime. I understand PWG's willingness to push new talent and create new stars, but it seems to be misplaced in Gatson, who would be better placed staying in the opening multi-man matches for now. Due to criticism of his style, Hero makes a point of only using one single elbow strike throughout the entire contest. I reckon he should stop taking himself so seriously, the miserable bastard.

Final bout on the DVD is an interesting one in iPeligro Abejas! (El Generico & Paul London) defending the PWG World Tag Team Championship against Kevin Steen & Brian Kendrick. Interesting, I say, since it pits two sets of former partners against each other at the same time as bringing the fantastically heated El Generico vs. Kevin Steen ROH feud to PWG. The bout itself is a decent, enjoyable one, but not on the level of some recent PWG tag title affairs and has to be classed a disappointment.

So, then. A good event from PWG, but not one that could be considered an amazing show like so many recently. There is no doubt that you'll find enjoyment in the DVD if you watch it, as I did, but I reckon this one could be classed in the rare category of being a skippable |2010 PWG event if you so wish....

Full show results:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Johnny Goodtime {W, brainbuster} & Jerome 'LTP' Robinson beat Los Luchas (Phoenix Star {L} & Zokre)

Brandon Bonham beat Ryan Taylor with the Hammer of the Gods

Akira Tozawa beat Scott Lost with a double-arm-capture bridging German suplex

The Cutler Brothers (Brandon & Dustin) {W, Jumping Tandem Tombstone} & Joey Ryan beat Matt, Nick & Malachai {L} Jackson

Candice LeRae beat Christina Von Eerie with a moonsault

Chris Hero beat Brandon Gatson with a rolling elbow

iPeligro Abejas! (Paul London {W, Shooting Star Press} & El Generico) beat Kevin Steen {L} & Brian Kendrick to retain the PWG World Tag Team Championship.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Low Ki and Chris Hero dealt with it and THEN some. One of the best matches in PWG history if you ask me.

KRR3 is looking like a corker on paper. The first one didn't deliver IMO, but the last one was great fun and this one HAS to deliver with a card like that.

Oh yeah totally agree about Ki/Hero.

While watching BOLA 2011, i was very surprised to hear Rick Knox and Excalibur on commentary talk about Vivian from The Young Ones and urging people to check it out if they had no idea what they were talking about.

• Paid Members

One of the great things about PWG is the commentary. It was shite in the early days when they were doing it post-production, but now it's the business. Chuck Taylor is particular is hilarious.

One of the great things about PWG is the commentary. It was shite in the early days when they were doing it post-production, but now it's the business. Chuck Taylor is particular is hilarious.

I loved the old commentary. ARM-DRAG!~!~

That said, the new live commentary with the roster on it, is indeed excellent. I love Chuckie T and Hero whenever he done it.

Archived