The Official PWG Thread

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he's in Scotland I'll have a fucking fit!

I know he's doing loads of All Star stuff. Do they go up to Scotland?

Jonathan Gresham may be over for the same length. He's incredible if you haven't seen him.

• 3 weeks later...

CIMA has now been added to Eight.

So we have the extra match of:

Non-Title Tag Team Grudge Match

The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) vs. CIMA & "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

and a re-arrange meaning we get:

Tag Team Match

The Dynasty (Joey Ryan & Scorpio Sky) vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)

So they've somehow improved the event!

• 3 weeks later...

Davey Richards has apparently got a staph infection (hope he's ok).

So this event has been changed again.

Makes the main event really interesting. As it was assumed Richards was winning, after the rumours of Kings of Wrestling signing with WWE.

• Paid Members

Quick results from PWG Eight :

Kevin Steen d. PAC

Brian Cage d. Brandon Gatson

Alex Shelley/ Roderick Strong d. El Generico & Richochet

Peter Avalon d. Ryan Taylor

Rockness Monsters d. Dynasty

CIMA/ Steen d. Young Bucks (non title)

Claudio d. Hero

Steen d. Claudio to become new PWG champ

• Paid Members
Steen wrestled 3 times? any more info on what went down?

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

He wrestled his two scheduled matches and came out after the main event saying that as he wrestled twice he may as well go three times as the PWG board of directors had made him the number one contender for winning both his matches but instead of waiting a month for his shot he wanted to go right then.

Claudio initially said no and went to leave only to turn round and deck Steen with the belt.

After a quick match where both Steen and Claudio both had each other beat with no ref about the ref finally made it to the ring and Steen hit the Package Piledriver for the win.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• Paid Members

Looks like the Cutlers are done with PWG for now, which is a real shame. What is it with PWG and ditching local talent - the Cutler's , Brandon Bonham....

Whats the story behind both those exits?

For me, The Cutlers had gone as far as they were gonna go in PWG. I don't think they ever seemed quite good enough to be champions, i can see why they were never given a run with the belts. Although i wouldn't be opposed to them returning every now and then or say in a years time.

Bonham, is a similar case, but could of stuck around in midcard. There are plenty of other wrestlers who can fill that role though.

I think Steen is a good choice for champion. He's unlikely to go anywhere (ie japan, WWE) so will be at every show, and always puts in good performances. No idea who will be the number 1 contender now though, or even his first opponent.

• Paid Members

I was watching Chikara WTGP 2005 the other week, and my girlfriend was in the room and watched a couple of matches, including Steen and Generico vs AMIS. She said (pointing at Steen) "who's that fat guy?" "Fat?!?!?!", I spluttered, "those were his thin days!!!" :laugh:

Watching Steen vs Tozawa, which I think was Steens return to PWG, Steen looked huge (still put on a cracking show) but he has lost quite a bit of weight since then from shows I have seen, And is on the roll of his career in PWG, even better I would say than his fued with Super Dragon.

Archived