Do WWE superstars get told which brand they will be on before the draf

Stealingsilver

Just before Orton got drafted I noticed he had taken his RAW tshirt off. But on the wwe website in an interview with the bigshow it seems that he really had no idea that he was moving to raw. I had also heard that in someones autobiography that he had written that superstars do not know which brand they will be on until they are actually drafted.

last year they were out on the stage about two seconds after being drafted and this year Orton was in the front row of the Raw roster earlier but had left before his draft so that suggests he knew, JR bitched about not being told when he was drafted and he seemed pretty genuine but I think the bigger names will know whats happening well in advance

It was kinda convenient how they just happened to have a XXXXXL t-shirt for Big Show when he was drafted. Are we supposed to believe that some guy off-camera had all different shirt sizes stacked in front of him so he could pick the right size and throw it at the wrestler being drafted?

It was kinda convenient how they just happened to have a XXXXXL t-shirt for Big Show when he was drafted. Are we supposed to believe that some guy off-camera had all different shirt sizes stacked in front of him so he could pick the right size and throw it at the wrestler being drafted?

Supposing for a second the draft was real, why wouldn't they do that? Some of the criticism beggars belief.

• Paid Members

You really think that isn't plausible? considering sports akin to the NFL regularly have 200+ shirts in different sizes and with 32 different brands readily available prior to the draft? for the WWE it's a fraction of that cost as they know exactly who's in the company, don't need to re-evaluate measurements that often and have a tailor/company do a short order with two different possibilities. If the WWE draft is legit (for the most part) it's perfectly manageable well up to 2 days before it happens.

/NFL draft round 1 happened last night, Cam Newton picked by the Panthers, Rams got a D-Liner from UNC

//beaten by Tarver, but WTH

Does anyone remember there was a story that went something along the lines of Trips getting drafted to SD and Umaga saying to Orton he was happy he didn't have to deal with him any more, and then he got drafted to SD too.

Times you wished you'd kept stoom.

Does anyone remember there was a story that went something along the lines of Trips getting drafted to SD and Umaga saying to Orton he was happy he didn't have to deal with him any more, and then he got drafted to SD too.

I remember that story, all stemming from Triple H telling Umaga he couldn't wear the same color tights/trunks as him. Among other stuff.

All these sorts of questions, like "do wrestlers get to choose their own music?" come down to who the wrestler is. Cena, HHH, Orton etc would all have to agree to a move to Smackdown, but Ryder, Tatsu etc would just get told on the night. I assume there are other exceptions. CM Punk might ask to be on the same roster as Beth Phoenix, for example. Tyson Kidd and Natalya might push to get kept on the same show.

I remember that story, all stemming from Triple H telling Umaga he couldn't wear the same color tights/trunks as him. Among other stuff.

lol black?

• Paid Members

lol black?

That's what I was thinking :confused:

Archived