Is my X box screwed?

martinQblank

• Paid Members
Turnd it on tonight & have three flassing red lights, not playing anything. Anyone had this before?

Aye.

How old is it? Microsoft have extended the warranty on that fault by three years so you can send it back to them and get it repaired/replaced.

• Paid Members

It is done for, I have had the red ring of death before. If it is still covered under the extended three year warranty it is painless sending it back. They give you a box pick it up from your house take it away fix or replace it and send it back. You can track it the whole way as well to germany and back.

If you are a gaming fanatic and you can't be without it wrap a towel around it, turn it on for about twenty minutes and let it over heat. Turn it off and back on and it will work. I got another 2 weeks out of my Xbox like that. You do get some random crashing though.

If it is not under warranty. You could wrap a towel around it so it works take it to game/blockbuster or someone like that and trade it in. Then go to another shop in your area with the trade in voucher and some cash and get a new Xbox.

If you would feel guilty about doing that there is also loads of people who can fix them without going back to Xbox look in your local paper.

The PS3's and X Box 360's seem to have no end of trouble.

I had two Playstation 3s which both broke and I don't do a lot of gaming so it wasn't even like I'd got any sort of money's worth out of them before they jacked in.

My mate's had a couple of X Box's that have both had this 'red ring of death' situation happen to them. I know that there's a shit load of money, effort and technology that goes into making these consoles but for the price you pay you'd think they wouldn't be breaking so often.

I had only one Playstation One and two Playstation 2s, and the only reason that I had two PS2's was because I wanted the slim-line one - not because the first one had broken.

• Paid Members

I had two Playstation 3s which both broke and I don't do a lot of gaming so it wasn't even like I'd got any sort of money's worth out of them before they jacked in.

My mate's had a couple of X Box's that have both had this 'red ring of death' situation happen to them. I know that there's a shit load of money, effort and technology that goes into making these consoles but for the price you pay you'd think they wouldn't be breaking so often.

I had only one Playstation One and two Playstation 2s, and the only reason that I had two PS2's was because I wanted the slim-line one - not because the first one had broken.

I've had a slimline PS3 for other a year with no problem. And my PS2 still goes today.

• Paid Members

I've had a slimline PS3 for other a year with no problem. And my PS2 still goes today.

I have had 5 PS3's. 3 have died, 4 360's 2 have died. My PS1 died also and had to be replaced (years ago). My PS2 X-box SNES NES MEGADRIVE N64, GameCube Dream cast and Saturn all work fine from the day I brought them.. Stupid new stuff.

Do they not know how to sort this problem? Never had it myself but seriously Microsoft is probably the biggest company in the world and yet they can't sort out 4 flashing lights.

I must have been unlucky with the PS1 and PS2's. I went through 4 of each.

They give you a box pick it up from your house take it away fix or replace it and send it back. You can track it the whole way as well to germany and back.
They don't give you a box now, or they didn't last year at least.

I got mine back in about 10 days, so it's not too bad.

Do they not know how to sort this problem? Never had it myself but seriously Microsoft is probably the biggest company in the world and yet they can't sort out 4 flashing lights.
It's apparently sorted in the newer models.

• Paid Members

Did you contact Sony about the faulty PS3's? My mate at College told me he complained about his and a replacement was shipped out almost immediately. It turned out there's wasn't even anything wrong with his console just the HDMI Cable but he hasn't heard anything back from them.

Archived