Anyone heard of these guys before?

Pyrotechnik

Posters have sprung up in Ulverston for a show in town run by a company called G Ring Promotions.

Act bills former WWE/TNA stars as their stars, and the undercard names features a few I've seen before on decent British Wrestling shows, a couple of who post on here, no actual matches are announced on it though.

But the name is completely and utterly new to me, the only company that promotes anywhere near this part of Cumbria to my knowledge is Lambert's promotion down in Morecambe, and asking him about it he's not sure who runs it, though there's rumour it's AJ Spitfire.

Just curious if anyone has any light to shed on this, the only contact information on the poster is that of the venue's box office. Would be nice to find out who's running it.

Edit: I'd mention the date/venue but the last thing I want is to turn this into an accidental shill for people I don't know :\

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can find on the venue site via google is the following

G Ring Promotions presents 'All or Nothing' exhibition wrestling.

"Join us live for a huge event featuring a former 2 WWE superstars and the next big thing in TNA.

This 3 hour huge event has an amazing 10 matches everything you can wish for in one event.

Also featuring Inferno star of Sky Ones reality show gladiators"

No website or further details given

Aye that's all the posters list either.

Gonna go down and check it out when it's on, I live 3 minutes walk from the venue so I'm without excuse. Just curious as to who's running the show.

Edit: Just popped down (dunno why I didn't think of this sooner) and asked in, unfortunately they only had a part timer on who only does weekends. Gonna go back Monday and check.

Apparently whoever it is, they're local to the town though.

• 1 month later...

As I was brought up in Ulverston for a large portion of my childhood I was very interested to hear of this.

I have spent 15 years of my life training, wrestling, training others e.t.c all round this fair Isle of ours and a few others, and I would have thought that Ulverston would be the last place to get a wrestling promotion and training school.

Speaking to my parents on the phone, my Father went off and came back with his copy of The North West Evening Mail last night (26th April) and read out the following article

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/home/academy-for-...eferrerPath=afc

* North West Evening Mail

* Home

Academy for pro wrestling to open

Last updated at 08:17, Wednesday, 27 April 2011

A PROFESSIONAL wrestling academy for budding stars of the ring is to be based in Ulverston.

The newly-established G Ring Promotions is to run the training school in the Red Rose club in Victoria Road.

It will be held on Saturdaysfollowing the company

With Danny Rodd doing his worst, this tit returning and Gauntley in a holding pattern, it looks like a shitarse promoter invasion this summer, someone just put all these cunts in a dustbin wagon (Goodfellas style) and we can live happily ever after.

• Paid Members
Just so everyone's clear, this is AJ Spitfire's comeback show.

So who are these other people mentioned in the article? I'm confused :confused:

• Paid Members
With Danny Rodd doing his worst, this tit returning and Gauntley in a holding pattern, it looks like a shitarse promoter invasion this summer, someone just put all these cunts in a dustbin wagon (Goodfellas style) and we can live happily ever after.

And coming in July, the eagerly-anticipated return of New Era Wrestling!*

:thumbsup:

* I'm joking ;)

Does anyone know where I can get half a dozen backyarders and a ring?

I got a flyer stuffed through my mailbox last week on the show with an advert on the back for the training school with a contact number giving more information. So far I've not actually had anyone answer said contact number.

Gonna keep my eye on this one though, it's got the potential to go either way currently.

Posters have sprung up in Ulverston for a show in town run by a company called G Ring Promotions.

Act bills former WWE/TNA stars as their stars, and the undercard names features a few I've seen before on decent British Wrestling shows, a couple of who post on here, no actual matches are announced on it though.

But the name is completely and utterly new to me, the only company that promotes anywhere near this part of Cumbria to my knowledge is Lambert's promotion down in Morecambe, and asking him about it he's not sure who runs it, though there's rumour it's AJ Spitfire.

Just curious if anyone has any light to shed on this, the only contact information on the poster is that of the venue's box office. Would be nice to find out who's running it.

Edit: I'd mention the date/venue but the last thing I want is to turn this into an accidental shill for people I don't know :\

I can't see anything in the paper but you would think that if they had 2 ex-wwe stars coming then they would promote it big time !

Archived