Anyone heard of these guys before?

Pyrotechnik

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well! Firstly. Thanks for the photo link, haha. (I'm said photographer)

The venue was lovely, with it's Laurel and Hardy statues outside.

The crowd wasn't that bad. But as someone else said, a lot of them left before the main event (Jonny Storm vs Jody Fleisch)

There were far, far too many matches. But it did feature a really good 4 way with TBone, El Ligero, Mad Man Manson and the ever improving Robbie X.

No idea if they're planning to run again though.

Oh and they used the very first ever, original 1PW ring. Nostalgic.

It was obivously a AJ Spitfire show because he won a WCW Championship on the show.

What a fuckin' pleb. What happened to folks running shows for entertaining the masses rather than a vehicle to put a championship belt on themselves in a predetermined "sport" that's essentially play-fighting?

Really? What is it that makes putting on a wrestling show to "crown" yourself champion that is so alluring?

it still happens Martin, trust me

• Paid Members
It was obivously a AJ Spitfire show because he won a WCW Championship on the show.

What a fuckin' pleb. What happened to folks running shows for entertaining the masses rather than a vehicle to put a championship belt on themselves in a predetermined "sport" that's essentially play-fighting?

Really? What is it that makes putting on a wrestling show to "crown" yourself champion that is so alluring?

it still happens Martin, trust me

Sorry, Paul, I didn't mean to blanket all promoters including yourself. It just seems most (bar a handful) just run shows because they didn't get booked favourable or at all in their "home" promotion.

totally agree mate, it does seem a lot of shows where the promoter doesnt feature seem to get good reps - PBW, IPW, NBW Southside, anything Mark Sloan does

• Paid Members
Because a belt helps you get over, Didnt you know that

I would think in a lot of cases it has a lot to do with the fact that the Promoter knows he can count on himself to be at the next show or to do promotional work for the show.

Archived