FWA To Debut At THORPE PARK

FWAUK.com

For the benefit of yourself and the other posters that you speak for, here is a free marketing lesson.

The principle is V + C = P where V=Visibility, C=Credibility and P=Profitability

Sorry not trying to be a nob, this is genuine query of sorts...

In all my years of marketing I have NEVER heard of that formula. V + C = P? Have you been taught that as part of your GCSE / A Levels / Degree? Thats a serious question because I know they always create new formulas all the time.

Because looking at it logically Visibility + Creditability DOES NOT equal Profitability. Two intangible elements such as these do not equal a tangible, measureable element. It's far too simplistic a formula.

I work in online marketing and run about 18 different products / websites. Some of the our most profitable sites have least creditability and visibility, and the least profitable have high visibility and creditability. This is because our most creditable products have more competitors and therefore are more price sensitive, thus makes less profit per unit.

And of course for other companies and products it will work the other way too.

In other words, V + C = P has too many exceptions and external variables for that to be a hard and fast rule. And besides your lesson is flawed... because despite what you may think, just because the FWA have increased their "visibility and creditability" by doing these expo events, it does NOT guarantee an increase in profit. Sure it helps, but its nowhere near gauranteed.

Another case in point... several years back I worked for a company that featured at a trade show. Despite my recommendations to keep costs low, they blew way too much money on being there. They increased their visibility and creditability, but didn't make enought money to justify the trade show. Therefore in this vase V + C = -P. Admittedly this company was run by a complete and utter idiot.

Ultimately only income - outgoings = profit. As boring and straight forward as it sounds.

Back on topic...

Ultimately it is FWA's interest to make a profit, and if they can make a decent amount for there business by running these shows... good for them. Would be fascinating to know the FWA grand plan of things and undertand where they are trying to get to and how they are going to get there.

Likewise I hope FWA can pick up fans on the way, but like many, I'm unsure as to why they run complicated storylines during expo shows that feature first time / one off viewers. Maybe thats just me.

The principle is a business networking principle taught in the use of word of mouth business....google it, there's loads of info out there about it.

You are taking the word profit and profitability to mean the same, which strictly speaking they don't. A relationship can be profitable, without actually directly or immediately affecting your bottom line. Not all black and white.

The fact remains that if people know about your product and it has a level of credibility to it, then you increase the chances of it being profitable over a competitor who may have a better product but are not making it visible, or who are shouting from the rooftops but have a rubbish product that doesn't deliver.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The fact remains that if people know about your product and it has a level of credibility to it, then you increase the chances of it being profitable over a competitor who may have a better product but are not making it visible, or who are shouting from the rooftops but have a rubbish product that doesn't deliver.

Unless the costs associated with increasing the first bit out weigh any potential gain surely, so each case would have to be taken on its merits and assessed, making it less of a fact.

I would assume Wrestling company A could spend 10 times B in advertising to increase both credibility and visibility and not necessarily get more people in because its a small, niche market, and so decrease its profitability through increased costs with out return. I'm sure there is a word for that I forget now.

I'm not out to sound argumentative, It all just sounds too simplistic some how.

For the benefit of yourself and the other posters that you speak for, here is a free marketing lesson.

The principle is V + C = P where V=Visibility, C=Credibility and P=Profitability

In all my years of marketing I have NEVER heard of that formula. V + C = P? Have you been taught that as part of your GCSE / A Levels / Degree? Thats a serious question because I know they always create new formulas all the time.

Because looking at it logically Visibility + Creditability DOES NOT equal Profitability. Two intangible elements such as these do not equal a tangible, measureable element. It's far too simplistic a formula.

I work in online marketing and run about 18 different products / websites. Some of the our most profitable sites have least creditability and visibility, and the least profitable have high visibility and creditability. This is because our most creditable products have more competitors and therefore are more price sensitive, thus makes less profit per unit.

In other words, V + C = P has too many exceptions and external variables for that to be a hard and fast rule. And besides your lesson is flawed... because despite what you may think, just because the FWA have increased their "visibility and creditability" by doing these expo events, it does NOT guarantee an increase in profit. Sure it helps, but its nowhere near gauranteed.

Another case in point... several years back I worked for a company that featured at a trade show. Despite my recommendations to keep costs low, they blew way too much money on being there. They increased their visibility and creditability, but didn't make enought money to justify the trade show. Therefore in this vase V + C = -P. Admittedly this company was run by a complete and utter idiot.

Ultimately only income - outgoings = profit. As boring and straight forward as it sounds.

Back on topic...

Ultimately it is FWA's interest to make a profit, and if they can make a decent amount for there business by running these shows... good for them. Would be fascinating to know the FWA grand plan of things and undertand where they are trying to get to and how they are going to get there.

Likewise I hope FWA can pick up fans on the way, but like many, I'm unsure as to why they run complicated storylines during expo shows that feature first time / one off viewers. Maybe thats just me.

The principle is a business networking principle taught in the use of word of mouth business....google it, there's loads of info out there about it.

You are taking the word profit and profitability to mean the same, which strictly speaking they don't. A relationship can be profitable, without actually directly or immediately affecting your bottom line. Not all black and white.

I agree with the bit in bold. However the key word you used here is "increase the chances". In your original post you made it sound more "absolute". And if I've learnt anything in marketing nothing is as absolute as a simple equation.

I GET what you were saying, I was really more curious as to whether V + C = P was some new formula being used in marketing text books. Its a small bug bear of mine, as when I interview people for marketing jobs, I'm they always presented with marketing formulas by interviewees without applying them to the job / situation in mind, which is dangerous.

Back on topic...

I agree with the bit in bold. However the key word you used here is "increase the chances". In your original post you made it sound more "absolute". And if I've learnt anything in marketing nothing is as absolute as a simple equation.

I GET what you were saying, I was really more curious as to whether V + C = P was some new formula being used in marketing text books. Its a small bug bear of mine, as when I interview people for marketing jobs, I'm they always presented with marketing formulas by interviewees without applying them to the job / situation in mind, which is dangerous.

It's a principle not a law. A principle has many meanings, one being a generally accepted method which can be applied. However there are so many variables in marketing that is makes it pretty much impossible to have laws that are absolute. That's why i referred to it as a principle and not a law and used phrases like "more likely" and "increase the chances of" etc.

Kincaide and Phere off the Agenda at THORPE PARK?

Thousands of guests are expected to pass through the gates of THORPE PARK during the four days of FWA matches there on Easter weekend, so there could surely be no better platform to send a message that the struggle to rejuvenate British wrestling is still winnable. But with the number of days until the FWA's debut at the nation

Archived