FWA To Debut At THORPE PARK

FWAUK.com

FWA To Debut At THORPE PARK

0dc247c07eee71a72cf9409729fb3455_L.jpg

The Frontier Wrestling Alliance is proud to announce that it will be making its debut at THORPE PARK with four days of live action at the Park over the course of Easter weekend.

Experience some of Europe

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interesting announcement. Im not an FWA basher or anything but I really dont see this working if the long term goal is seasonal shows there trying to become a british impact zone. That only works as it is on a decent US tv slot. speaking personally I wouldnt want to spend the money to get into a theme park either and then watch a wrestling show when there are loads of rides

Who's the British Wrestling Coalition?

The British Wrestling Coalition is the reformed British Wrestling Council.

So the British Wrestling Council are no longer the recognised governing body? The site is all the same, I think, no mention of a Coalition.

Good news about the Thorpe Park deal though. I had thought, on a trip to Thorpe Park, that there might be an interest for wrestling there, but I didn't think anyone would be doing it.

I understand that they wanna let the world know that wrestling exists but they need to have regular wrestling shows for the new fans and regular fans to go to, if i go to a comic-con i wanna look around at everything, not wait for a match on the hour, every hour. I think its a great way to advertise but i feel that at least a regular show every 2/3 months will help as well.

That made me laugh. I feel the same as SSJLogan. This direction of the FWA is baffling. I can only imagine that they've run out of any real money, and are reduced to doing these Expo-type deals. With the Grapple Group having the wrestlers performing for free, it can't be too costly.

If they had money, surely they'd be promoting? What has happened? An answer from the FWA would be great, but we all know that won't come.

What a load of tosh! What do you think these weekends are about?? They ARE promoting!! They are promoting British Wrestling. They are PROMOTING British Wrestling more so than most "Promotions". Just because they are not running events infront of 100 people and making a loss like most "promotions" in the UK, doesn't mean they have run out of money!

Seriously look up the word "promotion", then think about what these guys are doing this weekend, then think about what you have just written.

Daft Daft Daft.

From an entirely personal point of view, it's a shame there are not more 'regular' FWA shows, as I generally always attend and enjoy myself. That said, the Thorpe Park deal seems excellent.

The chance to show really good UK wrestling to thousands of potential new customers is a good thing indeed.

A hell of a lot of families go to those parks, and everyone needs a sit down for a bit, half-way through the day for a pint or something to eat. I can see lots of people sitting in front of some wrestling for an hour to break the day up. People go into those 3d cinemas, and they have a Farm and all that stuff, it's just another choice the public can make.

if the expo and thorpe park gigs were an extra to running a normal programe i would think these were great ideas.

i've heard that the FWA are going to stick to this model as Thorpe and the Expo people pay them to come to the gigs i also beleive they are going to run adrenelize shows in the coming months which will be virtually free to run with BWC students coming in to fill the halls on the night after having paid to attend training courses on the afternoon.

That made me laugh. I feel the same as SSJLogan. This direction of the FWA is baffling. I can only imagine that they've run out of any real money, and are reduced to doing these Expo-type deals. With the Grapple Group having the wrestlers performing for free, it can't be too costly.

If they had money, surely they'd be promoting? What has happened? An answer from the FWA would be great, but we all know that won't come.

What a load of tosh! What do you think these weekends are about?? They ARE promoting!! They are promoting British Wrestling. They are PROMOTING British Wrestling more so than most "Promotions". Just because they are not running events infront of 100 people and making a loss like most "promotions" in the UK, doesn't mean they have run out of money!

Seriously look up the word "promotion", then think about what these guys are doing this weekend, then think about what you have just written.

Daft Daft Daft.

I would disagree. Yes they are promoting British wrestling. But this is all the FWA do now. They haven't done a normal wrestling show since august I think. Surely they're making zero money from doing expos and in return they are promoting British wrestling. If I saw this at the expo and got interested in wrestling and then realised that FWA didn't do any 'real' shows. I would look for other companies to see. So really FWA are shooting themselves in the foot. If people saw FWA advertise a 'real' show during an expo then that's good advertising. That's just my opinion though.

Archived