Ian Rotten Interview

Flash

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have just finished listening to this and it is brutal, everyone on the show makes ian rotten look like a complete cunt and it seems he deserves although it is quite tough to listen to at times.

I'm about 5 mins in and I have to wonder how Ian hasn't told the interviewer to fuck himself and hung up.

I have just finished listening to this and it is brutal, everyone on the show makes ian rotten look like a complete cunt and it seems he deserves although it is quite tough to listen to at times.

I'm about 5 mins in and I have to wonder how Ian hasn't told the interviewer to fuck himself and hung up.

I am surprised that Ian took the abuse for 2 hours but for most of the interview the interviewer doesn't say anything its mainly calls from people like Joe Bailey and various people who he hasn't paid

also here is a direct link

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/jerrywiseman/...he-bell-rings-1

• Paid Members

Just seen a Raven and Axl Rotten shoot interview a few weeks ago, where it talks about JBL bullying Ian Rotten on a daily basis back in the early 90s and slapping him around, because he heard he'd stole money off one of the wrestlers. Say what you want about Bradshaw, but he's knew a dickhead when he saw one.

Is this thing really two hours? I'd mildy interested, but its a bit long.

• Paid Members

i was a bit of an Ian Rotten fan back in the day, mainly due to the fact that i was a big fan of death match wrestling and i followed IWA Mid-South...but looking back and having seen certain things recently, it's easy to notice that Ian Rotten is slight dillusional, and all in all a bit of a cunt.

Yeah Ill agree that interviewer sounded like a right twat & he annoyed me when he said that it was OVW that made CM Punk when it was IWA MS then ROH that made him not a few monthes fine tuneing his wrestling style in OVW.

• Paid Members
Yeah Ill agree that interviewer sounded like a right twat & he annoyed me when he said that it was OVW that made CM Punk when it was IWA MS then ROH that made him not a few monthes fine tuneing his wrestling style in OVW.

Working for someone and "making someone" isnt the same thing. IWA Mid South and Ring of Honor werent anything but indy shows he worked on. If it wasnt for WWE sending him to OVW, he wouldnt be on a hire six figure contract in the biggest promotion in the world. So they totally made him a name.

What a crazy show that was! Kind've indicative of the state of the business when Joe Bailey gives a better promo over the phone on a podcast than 99% of the guys in the biz. Dudes a talker!

If you've followed even just abit of the weird and wonderful life of Ian Rotten then none of that will be anything new or come as a surprise but there were afew things I didn't know, such as Ian selling drugs to JC Bailey. As people have said it's kind've hard to listen to him get ripped to shreds and listen to him squirm, contradict and try to refabricate some of these tales. But it's fairly apparent that the guy is somewhat of a twat in reality and deserves what he's getting. I had a brief chat with Ian when I flew over to see the 2008 TPI and whilst he came off as a nice guy, i'd never be naive enough to think that was him through and through. Obviously a much different story to work for the guy.

It's a shame because IWA MS have produced some brilliant shows and matches. Everybody looks to the 2004/05 era where they were putting on consistantly great shows, but they were still worth watching IMO upto 2008 introducing guys like Ego Fantastico, Sami Callihan, Dingo, Prince Mustaffa Ali - quality guys that most had never seen before. Sadly it all hit a wall at the end of that year and the rumours of the seedy goings on just got worse and worse. Good luck Ian, seems you've got many mountains to climb now..

Archived