Interview with Saraya & Britani Knight as they jet out to SHIMMER

$tew

OK, so I'm taking a chance posting this in the main forum that one of then mods will delete it or move it, but hear me out here... I think there's more than enough content in this interview to fascinate a lot of people and possibly generate a good amount of discussion. This is one of those podcasts where you kind of know you captured lightning in a bottle.

With that in mind... You want to hear about the time Saraya was almost killed in a gypsy riot? Or the time she had her kneecap sliced off her knee? Or the time she was BLINDED FOR SIX WEEKS after being kicked IN THE EYEBALL?? This woman is incredible. Even if you're not a fan of SHIMMER or even necessarily women's wrestling, you need to listen to this for some of the most outrageous wrestling audio you'll ever hear.

wowknights.jpg

The Women of Wrestling Podcast returns with what could be the greatest interview we

• Paid Members

I had respect for the Knight family before, but I have even more after listening to that. Especially for Zak and the younger Saraya for looking after Saraya when she was blinded, I hadn't heard of that before, nor the riot stuff. Hopefully there's plenty of big things still to come for all of them, and no more injuries for Saraya, sounds like she's had her fair share along with a good chunk of everyone elses share as well.

I had respect for the Knight family before, but I have even more after listening to that. Especially for Zak and the younger Saraya for looking after Saraya when she was blinded, I hadn't heard of that before, nor the riot stuff. Hopefully there's plenty of big things still to come for all of them, and no more injuries for Saraya, sounds like she's had her fair share along with a good chunk of everyone elses share as well.

I'm not entirely clued in on the British wrestling scene to be honest, but didn't I read on ere that some guy called Knight was involved in assaulting people in a pub or something? Or was it unrelated to the family you speak of?

Anyway, as I said in the previous thread, a decent little listen there. Kudos to the people who put it together. I'm not much for female or British wrestling, but it was interesting even to me.

• Paid Members
I'm not entirely clued in on the British wrestling scene to be honest, but didn't I read on ere that some guy called Knight was involved in assaulting people in a pub or something? Or was it unrelated to the family you speak of?

That's Ricky Knight and Saraya's son. He wrestles (or wrestled) as Zebra Kid. Very talented lad but with some issues, I suppose you'd say. I think his name is Roy.

• Paid Members
Indeed. It's an mp3 of an interview Freaky did five years ago with Saraya. We stuck it there as a bonus for anybody who noticed.

Where did the rest of those podcasts? Although women's wrestling isnt my thing, and cant say I have much interest in the current podcast you put out, the interviews with Desmond Wolfe, Doug Williams and Kid Kash you did I really enjoyed back in the day. The old links are dead though. Are they still knocking about.

Remember the thread and the fallout of that at the time. Thats one of the reasons why I was asking Ricky Knight why he'd take offence to the "gypo" comment, because he took some baiting from the UKFFers at the time for that one. I thought he'd be used to it by now. Wikipedia has a writeup on it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Bevis

Indeed. It's an mp3 of an interview Freaky did five years ago with Saraya. We stuck it there as a bonus for anybody who noticed.

Where did the rest of those podcasts? Although women's wrestling isnt my thing, and cant say I have much interest in the current podcast you put out, the interviews with Desmond Wolfe, Doug Williams and Kid Kash you did I really enjoyed back in the day. The old links are dead though. Are they still knocking about.

No problem. We're under no misapprehension that our target audience is niche with the Women of Wrestling Podcast, but it's something that we do genuinely love. The old $&M Shows that MOJ & I (and later Dean & I) did are long since disappeared off the internet (although randomly I notice that www.britwres.com still exists, albeit in a dormant state). I have them all saved on a hard drive, so they're not lost forever. Not sure what will become of them - I haven't listened to them for ages, and there's a chance there's a lot of it now currently irrelevant/dated or plain embarassing (the first show we ever did was the first podcast I'd ever done and I know the levels were terrible). I imagine Freaky feels the same way about his old PowerSlam Radio stuff.

There's a possibility that we might recycle or re-cut some old stuff if it's relevant to the new site ($&M did shows with Allison Danger, Rebecca Knox & Eden Black, PS did a bunch of women's stuff too). The rest? Maybe I'll archive it somewhere for the curious. I do seem to remember loving the Doug Williams one at the time, for example.

Archived