UKFF's Favourite Entrance Music

Glenryck Pilchards

For years on the UKFF people have proclaimed their love for some wrestlers theme music, but we are yet to have a definitive list (Well after a quick search of the forum and a peek in gold I dont think we have!). Well that wait is now over.

Over the next week and a half please send in your nominations for your favourite tunes and the ones that you hate. The rules for this countdown are as follows.

* The deadline is now first bell of Wrestlemania XXVII

* You must pick ten songs that you love, and five that you hate and provide a brief reason why you like/hate the song

* I will only be accepting theme songs which were or are being used in WWF/E, WCW, ECW & TNA. I can't be bothered trawling through Indie and Britwres songs.

* Do not pick songs because you are a fan of the band that played the song. "I chose Enter Sandman because Metallica are awesome and I want to stroke James Hetfield's beard" is not a valid arguement for a vote.

* Several wrestlers have had their themes reworked over the years. If you are unsure of the title of the song please send a youtube link of the theme you like and I will ensure your vote will be correctly applied to the right song.

* The winner will be determined using the same method as the Twatlist currently running in off topic. 1st = 10 points , 2nd = 9 points etc.

*If some themes spilt opinion then I may create a Marmite list as well.

DO NOT POST YOUR TOP 10 OR BOTTOM 5 IN THIS THREAD. EMAIL OR PM ME

To vote either send me a PM or send an email to rtcwillwalkthis@hotmail.co.uk.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Good List

1. Real American - Hulk Hogan

It's instantly recognisable, and was a big part of the career of one of Wrestlings biggest stars, I remember when Hogan went to WCW one of the things I wondered was whether he'd use the same music. He didn't and I was gutted. However, it's not just a good wrestling theme, it can hold it's own too. Just this Saturday I heard it played in the club and people were actually into it! Not the first time I've seen that either.

2. Demolition Theme Tune

I think we all know what this one is and unlike my number 1 choice, this doesn't stand up outside of wrestling, but that's what makes it so good. It's an excellent Wrestling entrance track from a day when wrestlers had custom music that felt like it was made for them, rather than generic rock track number 101.

3. American Dream - Dusty Rhodes

It's cheesy as hell, but then so was the yellow polka dots, but I didn't care, because when Dusty came out to that it just made it all feel fun!

4. Hard Times - Big Boss Man

I chose this for the same reason as Demolition, it was custom made for the Boss Man, it was also fun and I must admit to being very happy with its inclusion on WrestleMania: The Album

5. Mr Perfect

Honestly I don't know what this ones called, it's the theme he used for most of his WWF career. It just oozes perfection.

6. Oh You Didn't Know? - New Age Outlaws

The whole thing with Road dog working the mic all the way down the aisle made this an very effective entrance theme since it got the crowd into it right from the go.

7. Break It Down - Degeneration-X

I would actually listen to this song happily in my car without feeling too much of a douche if I find myself stopped at some traffic lights. It's a great wrestling theme, but it's also a great song outside of Wrestling.

8. Sexy Boy (Sherri version) - Shawn Michaels

I honestly have no idea why I prefer this version, I just have a soft spot for it. While I don't subscribe to the idea he should have changed his music in later years, I do feel it was never more fitting of his character than this period, when he was with Sherri.

9. King of Kings - Triple H

I like All About The Game, but this one caught my attention. I'm not a big fan of Motorhead, it's really not my thing, but this was an awesome rock track that fitted perfectly with what Triple H was trying to portray at the time. Certainly the song did more for him than his strange WrestleMania entrance that went with the track.

10. Burned - Kane

I believe this was his first WWF entrance music, if not, that's the track I mean. It worked so well with his debut, it's was creepy and dramatic all at the same time and fitted so well with the red lights and flames.

• Moderators
Much as I encourage people posting their lists, its cool to read, will they only count if they are PM'd to you or will you be counting votes posted in this thread too?

People should definitely not post their lists in the thread... If they do the thread will be one big spoiler for the final list. It ruins all the fun of it because you'll know exactly what's coming.

Edit that shit out and send some emails people!

• Paid Members
To vote either send me a PM or send an email to rtcwillwalkthis@hotmail.co.uk.

I'm not sure I see what your point is?

Much as I encourage people posting their lists, its cool to read, will they only count if they are PM'd to you or will you be counting votes posted in this thread too?

People should definitely not post their lists in the thread... If they do the thread will be one big spoiler for the final list. It ruins all the fun of it because you'll know exactly what's coming.

Edit that shit out and send some emails people!

I figured this'd be similar to the UKFF Top 50, where people message there lists and some people post them here too and discuss them? I can see what you mean about kind of a spoiler for the final list, but not everyone that sends there list will post it here.

I was actually in bed the other night, struggling to nod off and thought about starting a similar thread.

My top ten are:

1. The Undertaker: Ministry of Darkness theme.

2. Goldust: Shattered Dreams(???)

3. Triple H: The Game by Motorhead.

4. Jerry Lawler: The Great Gate of Kiev is what the actual piece of music is called I think.

5. Mr Perfect:

6: Triple H: My Time.

7: DX: The Kings by Run DMC.

8: DX: The original

9: Triple H: King of Kings by Motorhead.

10: Ken Shamrock. I'm going to guess its called something lik 'My Zone' or something.

Dishonourable mention goes to every single Diva theme. Woeful. Apart from Alicia Fox's.

Archived