UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

• Paid Members

Atletico 3-2 Inter

Top game, Inter twice came from behind but went behind a third time after yet more poor defending. Militio nearly snatched an equaliser at the end with a questionable offside decision not given, but he's shit and I'm shit these days so he missed :p

Cheers to Dork and TezzRexx for their games as well. If this were real life, I'd be gone by now. There's only one man now who can rescue this sorry lot. Only one man to take charge of this Norfolk powerhouse...

mike-bassett-england-manager-2.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Madrid 3 Inter 2

It only took 3 minutes Forlan for to get back in to his stride as he gave Athletico and early lead after good work from Reyes. Inter were soon level though after Lucio reacted first to a save from De Gea to power a header home after ten minutes. Aguero then missed a great chance after good work from Suarez as Atletico looked dangerous. It took till the 30 minute mark before Reyes restored the lead slotting home a cool finish. Once again Inter came straight back and were level before half time when Pazzini fired home from the edge of the box. The second half was a more scrappy affair with bits of lag making it hard for both players. It was Athletico who went ahead for the third time though on the hour when a Dominguez headed home superbly from a corner. Inter had chances to draw level late on but this time Athletico held on for a just about deserved three points.

Forlan, Reyes, Dominguez

Lucio, Pazzini

• Paid Members
Aston Villa 4 - Inter Milan 2

Darren Bent x 3, Gabriel Agbonlahor 1

<not sure of the scorers for Inter, El Nicko can you fill the blanks? ;)

Bleh :blush: I think Pazzini got the first one and Eto'o got the second so we'll go with those!

Roma 1 - 2 Man Utd

Adriano 25th; Rooney 45th, Fletcher 65th

El Espanacas has finally got his campaign up and running after recording a 2-1 win over fellow strugglers Roma. After a tense opening Roma broke the deadlock after Adriano slotted home after he was put through one on one with Van Der Saar. United hit back on the stroke of half time with Rooney striking home from close range to ease the nerves of his manager. Both teams had chances to wrap up the game, Roma had two counter attacks which they failed to take advantage of, Nani hit the post from a tight angle and Berbatov missed a sitter from three yards out launching his volley over the bar. But Darren Fletcher was the hero of the game after a perfect cross from Rooney was met by the surging Scot's head which sent the United fans into raptures. Mrs Espanacas will be pleased with a relaxed hubby this evening!

Sorry I missed your invite el espanacas, I must have literally just gone offline. My girlfriend is using my psn account aswell so if you send an invite, please be patient and I'll get back to you.

No problem bud, the missus has took over the TV for now but I could be back online at about 10pm.

Sorry I missed your invite el espanacas, I must have literally just gone offline. My girlfriend is using my psn account aswell so if you send an invite, please be patient and I'll get back to you.

You alright mate. Are you around tomorrow evening/night to complete our fixture?

Man Utd 0 - 4 Bayern Munich

Gomez 2, Schweinsteiger, Robben

Bayern returned to winning ways with a thumping win against English opposition, infact the only English side they haven't beaten is Chelsea so far this season, with Spurs and City remaining, they'll hope to continue this run. Man Utd dominated the possession without ever really threatening to do anything with it in the opening stages of the first half, before Bayern began their attacking onslaught. Prolific hitman Mario Gomez finally gave Bayern the lead when Robben cut back for him to net from 12 yards. The score remained 1 nil at half time. United had a glorious opportunity to level immediately after the restart but Rooney skied his volley from inside the box when unmarked. A long ball from the Bayern Keeper went straight over the top of Man Utd and Gomez raced through and buried his finish past Van Der Sar into the top corner to make it 2 on the hour. The final 30 minutes there was a plethora of chances for Bayern to add to their tally and the 3rd arrived when Schweinsteiger chested and brought down the ball on the edge of the area before rifling an unstoppable drive in off the underside of the bar. Little Arjen Robben wrapped it up late on when he headed into an empty net after Van Der Sar went walkabouts and Olic crossed the ball for him. The Bayern boys seem revved up after the break, hopefully it will continue!

Denzel, should be about tomorrow night at some point mate, just pop an invite over, if its on Lego Harry Potter on the PSN, it is not ME! Honest....

• Paid Members

sorry guys! i only re-signed into the PS network yesterday...ive been without my laptop all week too. Got 1 game out of the way, but im back (and still losing)...i'll be on all day today, and signed in so if anyone wants a game, send me a message on there.

nice!

Archived