UKFF FIFA 11 PS3 League: Season One Thread

TUFCfan

Dortmund 0 - Atletico Madrid 4

Got totally outplayed and lost by four goals.

Would it be possible to change teams? Dortmund are dogshit on fifa (no where near as good as in real life).

Maybe next season on this have everyone have the same level of team (go by the star ratings) as I have no chance of doing anything with Dortmund but wouldn't mind changing to Porto or Benfica they are miles better than the shit I have.

I had an idea for next season to change things up a bit but dunno if many people fancied it. Either draw teams out of a hat or have whoever finishes top of the league then becoming the team who finishes bottom and the player who finishes bottom taking over the team that finishes top. Second would swap with second from bottom and vice versa all the way through the league. Keeps it fresh and might mean I'd stand a chance against Tilde Guy! :p

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dortmund 0 - Atletico Madrid 4

Got totally outplayed and lost by four goals.

Would it be possible to change teams? Dortmund are dogshit on fifa (no where near as good as in real life).

Maybe next season on this have everyone have the same level of team (go by the star ratings) as I have no chance of doing anything with Dortmund but wouldn't mind changing to Porto or Benfica they are miles better than the shit I have.

I had an idea for next season to change things up a bit but dunno if many people fancied it. Either draw teams out of a hat or have whoever finishes top of the league then becoming the team who finishes bottom and the player who finishes bottom taking over the team that finishes top. Second would swap with second from bottom and vice versa all the way through the league. Keeps it fresh and might mean I'd stand a chance against Tilde Guy! :p

I look forward to being Barcelona or Chelsea next season. Great idea. Failing that teams out the hat would be good too.

Dortmund 0 A Madrid 4

Forlan, Aguero, Reyes, Suarez

Napoli 0 A Madrid 7

Forlan (4), Aguero (2), Reyes

Very happy with my decision to come on tonight for an hour. Apart from Milan i have played well in my opening matches but bad defending has cost me points, hopefully i can start moving up the table now.

How about next season the top half and the bottom half at the end of this season form 2 leagues...? We could do an FA Cup type tournament as well during the season?

Yeah I did say perhaps a 2 league tier system for this one, but definitely should be introduced for the next time. Gives everyone something to play for that way.

Dortmund 0 A Madrid 4

Forlan, Aguero, Reyes, Suarez

Napoli 0 A Madrid 7

Forlan (4), Aguero (2), Reyes

Very happy with my decision to come on tonight for an hour. Apart from Milan i have played well in my opening matches but bad defending has cost me points, hopefully i can start moving up the table now.

Fucking Hell!!!!!

Thats two impressive showings there, glad I took a point of out of you now.

TUFC...... Are you ok?

It all depends on the teams though, chances are the bigger the team the higher you will be (like real life I guess).

I'm sure some sort of stipulation can be arranged. You have to take into consideration skill level of players too before clubs even come in to the equation. Take your Dortmund choice for example. They've been mainly floundering for the best part of a decade, they're probably going to win the Bundesliga this year, but that league is largely inconsistent in terms of strong solid teams, for example Schalke, who are having a wretched domestic campaign but flying in europe. They have player for player a better team than Dortmund, hence why they're better on Fifa. I will say though that Barcelona players should mop up on here, crazily good and smooth to play as, but it's all down to player preference too at the end day, mixed with player ability and of course the actual team ability. So unless you are helluva good at this game, you're probably not going to win the league with Dortmund, but it's generally a happy medium between most players and teams. The most important thing is to have fun though, and if you're not enjoying yourself then you should probably change team. It's a bit of laugh and no one is taking it too seriously mate, but if everyone agrees then by all means change team. :thumbsup:

It all depends on the teams though, chances are the bigger the team the higher you will be (like real life I guess).

I'm sure some sort of stipulation can be arranged. You have to take into consideration skill level of players too before clubs even come in to the equation. Take your Dortmund choice for example. They've been mainly floundering for the best part of a decade, they're probably going to win the Bundesliga this year, but that league is largely inconsistent in terms of strong solid teams, for example Schalke, who are having a wretched domestic campaign but flying in europe. They have player for player a better team than Dortmund, hence why they're better on Fifa. I will say though that Barcelona players should mop up on here, crazily good and smooth to play as, but it's all down to player preference too at the end day, mixed with player ability and of course the actual team ability. So unless you are helluva good at this game, you're probably not going to win the league with them, but it's generally a happy medium between most players and teams. The most important thing is to have fun though, and if you're not enjoying yourself then you should probably change team. It's a bit of laugh and no one is taking it too seriously mate, but if everyone agrees then by all means change team. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah agree with what your saying. I wouldn't win the league if I had any team of my choosing or even challenge as I'm not great on fifa but Dortmund doesn't help. There was no one else left by the time I entered so went with them as they were top of the german league, should of chose Porto or Benfica. :(. Dortmund have no pace at all. Not to worry next season hopefully ill give it a better go with a better team lol.

Napoli 0 - 7 Atletico Madrid

Napoli received the biggest thrashing of the tournament so far when they faced a Atletico Madrid side who had already beaten Dortmund 4 -0 and only a good showing from De Sanctis in the Napoli goal stopped the margin of victory from being larger. Napoli were rusty having not played for over a week and it showed as Atletico dominated early. Atletico went ahead in the 12th minute after a Napoli throw in went straight to Sergio Aguero who ran with the ball and crossed for Diego Forlan to head home. Forlan scored again just three minutes later after a good run and finish and Atletico made it three in eight minutes when Jose Antonio Reyes was given an acre of space to run in to and he promptly scored with a neat finish (players note: I had a defender in the middle I was trying to bring over but for some reason the game was switching to every player but him). Atletico's fourth came just three minutes later when De Sanctis made a good one-on-one stop but the ball fell to Aguero who buried the rebound. Napoli had a couple chances after that with De Gea making a good save from a close range effort by Hamsik, and a few minutes later tipped a Cavani header over the bar. Forlan almost scored again just before the end of the half but De Sanctis made a good stop, but Forlan didn't have to wait for his hat-trick when he ran in to the area and was brought down by De Sanctis. Luckily the Napoli 'keeper wasn't sent off but Forlan buried the resulting penalty despite De Sanctis diving the right way. A change of tactic at half time seemed to help Napoli a bit as they looked brighter after a torrid first 45 minutes. Atletico were still the better side though and Aguero made it six in the 58th minute after he intercepted a freekick and ran with the ball in to the area and slid it past the 'keeper. Cavani missed a golden opportunity to get a consolation goal when he hit a tame shot at De Gea after breaking free of the Atletico defenders. It was Atletico who had the final say though when Forlan headed in his second cross of the game to claim his fourth and Atletico's seventh. He could have made it eight late in the game when De Sanctis made a good stop from a close range effort. Overall by far the best side obviously won, with Atletico having 17 shots on goal (14 on target) to Napoli's 5 as the Italian side failed to score for the first time in the tournament.

Napoli goals: 0 :(

Atletico goals: Forlan (12, 15, pen 45, 70), Reyes (20), Aguero (23, 58)

I'm off for a lie down!

I'm sure some sort of stipulation can be arranged. You have to take into consideration skill level of players too before clubs even come in to the equation. Take your Dortmund choice for example. They've been mainly floundering for the best part of a decade, they're probably going to win the Bundesliga this year, but that league is largely inconsistent in terms of strong solid teams, for example Schalke, who are having a wretched domestic campaign but flying in europe. They have player for player a better team than Dortmund, hence why they're better on Fifa. I will say though that Barcelona players should mop up on here, crazily good and smooth to play as, but it's all down to player preference too at the end day, mixed with player ability and of course the actual team ability. So unless you are helluva good at this game, you're probably not going to win the league with them, but it's generally a happy medium between most players and teams. The most important thing is to have fun though, and if you're not enjoying yourself then you should probably change team. It's a bit of laugh and no one is taking it too seriously mate, but if everyone agrees then by all means change team. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah agree with what your saying. I wouldn't win the league if I had any team of my choosing or even challenge as I'm not great on fifa but Dortmund doesn't help. There was no one else left by the time I entered so went with them as they were top of the german league, should of chose Porto or Benfica. :(. Dortmund have no pace at all. Not to worry next season hopefully ill give it a better go with a better team lol.

Good man.

I was thinking with the update they would have beefed up Goetze a bit and Barrios isn't exactly a slouch, bit lazy of them to be fair. I haven't been them so I can't really comment. Another idea for the future is having a 4 star team tournament, as there's plenty of those to choose from or maybe even a Championship season, not much seperating many of the teams in that league, and as Nick will tell you, anyone can beat anyone in that league.

Archived