Sega Mega Drive Portable

CorpRobinson

Hi Folks

Just purchased one of these quite good, cheaper version of a DSI as i prefer SEGA games to Nintendo ones and i havent been disappointed the only issue i have is that you have the option to download addition games on it, with the use of the SD Card that is provided with it, but i havent got a clue where do get them from?

Any Ideas !

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loki, Ive got a SD Card silly, i meant where to get new games from as it says to download different games go on the Internet,

Also i only purchased it today, and im at work so i will give you the low Low tomorrow.

DJ Kris, yeah i just literally heard about them over the weekend as im not a fan of the whole Nintendo Games scenario really prefered the classics on my MEga Drive so i looked into it and Wham, picked one up.

King Pitcos - Cheers for the info :) !!!

Sorry to sound a idiot King Pitcos, how would i download the games/Emulator to the SD Card just download it and save it on there, as im a complete Novice sorry !

You would need an SD reader for your computer if you not already got a card slot.. get em from most pound shops Download straight to the SD card and plug in into the portable MD afaik

Ive heard lots of good things about the portable megadrive, the only downside is that some of the emulation, especially on games such as Virtua Racing or ones with special chips or graphical trickery is a bit shit or at the very least patchy

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0044LQ...;pf_rd_i=468294

Cheers everyone for the help much appreciated definately, hope that helps you BXB Hulk Have some good times as i will definately !!!

Might I suggest an alternative - The Dingoo. Handheld emulator - you can chuck on your SNES/MegaDrive/NES/GBA/GBC/SNK Neo Geo games and the CPS1/CPS2 Capcom boards.

Punisher arcade is current fav. Just find a good ROM download site and games are downloaded in seconds. I have an 8GB micro SD card which holds tonnes of games.

It also plays MP3, video and can do a lot, lot more. The navigation menu is pretty much ripped off from the PS3 but that's not a bad thing.

Amazon link provided below, however you can find them cheaper elsewhere, I've just included the link to give you guys an idea on how it looks, what it comes with etc also the feedback is worth a read. I've had mine for years and love it.

Dingoo

You do need to install Linux so some people might find it a bit fiddly but there are loads of videos on youtube for this.

I think ill be alright, Did i say ive got one thats got 900+ Games Downloaded already on it, have got the full list but will update asap :) !!!

I think ill be alright, Did i say ive got one thats got 900+ Games Downloaded already on it, have got the full list but will update asap :) !!!

On what system is that CP? I've got a modded old XBOX with 6 DVDs full of games from the Commodore 16 to the N64 and all the arcade games etc but with a library that huge, its impossible to go through them all.

No Idea Jas, honestly its at home waiting for me so i will see :)

Keep you posted asap, after ive played on Altered Beast !

Archived