Sega Mega Drive Portable

CorpRobinson

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I've just ordered a wired 360 pad and the N64 emulator I just tried runs perfect so I can have me some WCW/NWO Revenge action, how easy is it to configure the controls? anyone tried and had any problems?

The D-PAD isn't amazing, rather small actually. It works though and does a fair job.

To configure it is really simple, and works a treat with Project64 (assuming that's the N64 Emu you got). I play NWO Revenge with it, and No Mercy among other things.

It's in the options in the program toolbar and the 360 pad just shows up from the list of pads to pick from. Choose it, and then at the side of it there will be a button that says "define" or something. It will then say "press input for left" and so on. The way I have it set out is like this -

N64 --- Xbox

Analogue Stick --- Analogue Stick

C-Buttons --- Right Analogue Stick

Start --- Start

A --- A

B --- X

D-Pad --- D-Pad

Z --- Y

Left Trigger --- Left Trigger

Right Trigger --- Right Trigger

You have to plug the pad in before you start the emulator however, or it may not recognise it's plugged in.

I've just ordered a wired 360 pad and the N64 emulator I just tried runs perfect so I can have me some WCW/NWO Revenge action, how easy is it to configure the controls? anyone tried and had any problems?

The D-PAD isn't amazing, rather small actually. It works though and does a fair job.

To configure it is really simple, and works a treat with Project64 (assuming that's the N64 Emu you got). I play NWO Revenge with it, and No Mercy among other things.

It's in the options in the program toolbar and the 360 pad just shows up from the list of pads to pick from. Choose it, and then at the side of it there will be a button that says "define" or something. It will then say "press input for left" and so on. The way I have it set out is like this -

N64 --- Xbox

Start --- Start

A --- A

B --- X

D-Pad --- D-Pad

Z --- Y

You have to plug the pad in before you start the emulator however, or it may not recognise it's plugged in.

Yeah I'm using Project64, cheers for the help with the right configuration I can't wait for this wired pad to come got a fair few games I never played when I had my N64 due to money restraints.

Do you use any PS1 emulators? never gave one a try before and if so what is the best and I'm assuming the 360 pad will be just the same to configure, sorry for asking questions without googling before hand but some people make easy things sound difficult.

• Paid Members

N64 --- Xbox

Start --- Start

A --- A

B --- X

D-Pad --- D-Pad

Z --- Y

Yeah I'm using Project64, cheers for the help with the right configuration I can't wait for this wired pad to come got a fair few games I never played when I had my N64 due to money restraints.

Do you use any PS1 emulators? never gave one a try before and if so what is the best and I'm assuming the 360 pad will be just the same to configure, sorry for asking questions without googling before hand but some people make easy things sound difficult.

PS1 emulation is a little more difficult as the PS1 was CD based. You need something called Daemon Tools to fake their being a disc in your pc. It's free and pretty easy to use. You also need a load of BIOS files to run it properly. They're all easily findable but more complicated than running stuff from cartridges.

The games are also a little harder to get as there was a lot of bad rom dumps when I tried. I can't remember if it needed XPadder too, which meant that the Emulator can't use control pads so you use Xpadder to configure buttons to your keyboard. So for example you use Xpadder to make your WSDA keys left, right, up and down on your control pad, then in the ps1 emulator make WASD left and right and so on. So when you press a button on the pad, it makes it think you're pressing the keyboard, and then ps1 thinks you've pressed a button.

It's all a lot harder than it sounds, but if you did download a PS1 emulator and needed help, PM me.

• Paid Members
Has no one thought of going on ebay and buying a sega game gear for much cheaper then?

The Game Gear was 8 bit Master System technology not 16 bit Mega Drive. They also have awful battery life, aren't incredibly portable, only play one game at a time and will only play original cartridges so I'm not sure it's a comparable substitute.

What about the Nomad? That was portable Megadrive technology, but let you plug in a control pad for player 2.

Well Managed to Pick up the parcel from the Post office Yesterday

And to much delight its absolutely fricking Awesome brings back so many memories, with playing on all the games as a kid, Golden Ax, Splatterhouse, Streets of Rage, Altered Beast Etc

No Glitches or errors on it or no issues mine came with a 8GB memory card with this with i think in total 1000 games added on it, hours of fun i can see plays perfectly, all the games load without any issues and looks and feels like a DS but obviously isnt one and theres even a few Mario Games on there aswell as Donkey Kong etc Well Chuffed !!!!!

The Nomad never saw the light of day in PAL regions though and didn't go anywhere fast in other regions either. As far as I know it's region free, though. It's fugly as fuck, too.

SegaNomad.jpg

Quick question while we're talking about retro games, can anyone recommend me a good usb joypad for my Pc what I'll be able to use for playing old Rom's I have on my computer?

I've got hundreds of MasterSystem,Megadrive,Snes games but my hand keeps cramping up having to use the keyboard.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Xbox-360-Accesso...-%28Xbox-360%29

We've just got two of these at work for lunchtime MAME on a pc and they're absolutely superb.

Wired 360 pads work too, and might be more useful to you if you prefer the stick to the d-pad, or if you ever feel like getting a Playstation/Dreamcast/MAME/N64 emulator or whatever. They're plug and play too.

Thank you all you guys a question I keep forgetting to ask and it has been answerd :)

N64 --- Xbox

Start --- Start

A --- A

B --- X

D-Pad --- D-Pad

Z --- Y

My wired 360 pad just came this morning and I'm having a problem already. I've set it up using the configuration you put and it worked perfect when playing Mario Kart 64 & Goldeneye but its failed on all the wrestling games.

When I get to the option menu on WCW/NWO Revenge ( and all the others, World Tour, No Mercy etc ) I cannot scroll through the options like Exhibition, create a wrestler etc. I press up or down on my analouge stick but its not moving, like I say it works fine on the other games I've tried so far.

Any ideas?

• Paid Members

N64 --- Xbox

Start --- Start

A --- A

B --- X

D-Pad --- D-Pad

Z --- Y

My wired 360 pad just came this morning and I'm having a problem already. I've set it up using the configuration you put and it worked perfect when playing Mario Kart 64 & Goldeneye but its failed on all the wrestling games.

When I get to the option menu on WCW/NWO Revenge ( and all the others, World Tour, No Mercy etc ) I cannot scroll through the options like Exhibition, create a wrestler etc. I press up or down on my analouge stick but its not moving, like I say it works fine on the other games I've tried so far.

Any ideas?

The wrestling games use the D-Pad to scroll and move, and the left stick to taunt. Different games have different control layouts.

• Paid Members

Man, this thread has got me stupidly excited, blatantly want to get my hands on one of the above bad boys. I think I'm actually tempted to go for the megadrive one, looks less fucky abouty and sounds like a shit load of games are available, I just want me some road rash and skitchin.

To the poster who said they got a massive memory card with 1000 extra games on, where on earth did you get it from, did it come with the console, if so where from and how much? Sorry if this has been answered, I'm on my phone and it's being a nob whilst I try to read posts.

Archived