Sega Mega Drive Portable

CorpRobinson

No Idea Jas, honestly its at home waiting for me so i will see :)

Keep you posted asap, after ive played on Altered Beast !

Oh I get you now, looks like they've seperated the wheat from the sheaf and you got a lot of the all time classic games on there. Plus I spotted a few Nintendo games in there too. Good deal. :thumbsup:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although, After Looking at the Dingoo aswell it looks like there are a few of them available aswell with options for expansion, and theres a few on Ebay aswell so i may pick my partner one up on the cheap asap aswell as, me Personally cannot afford PSP's, DSI's thingy majigs so these are better, games that you loved as a child, and can play on over and over again and enjoy them and not pay

i bought a handheld megadrive a few year ago with 20 built in games. no save feature, no sd card slot, just a tv port so i could play them on the big screen. which defeats the purpose.

i use my ds lite now if i want to play games in a handheld environment but i agree that dingoo is good kit.

i have my spare room set up with an old crt and a megadrive, master system, nes, snes, saturn, n64 and dreamcast underneath it and like to play them now and again. but i prefer to play them on the go, plus the games always work first time. im sick of some games needing 10 blows to work on the nes.

I think ill be alright, Did i say ive got one thats got 900+ Games Downloaded already on it, have got the full list but will update asap :) !!!

On what system is that CP? I've got a modded old XBOX with 6 DVDs full of games from the Commodore 16 to the N64 and all the arcade games etc but with a library that huge, its impossible to go through them all.

I soft modded my Xbox for the same purpose, to play MAME and old roms. Still figuring out how to use Scumm on it though. Jas, any chance of a trade for some of those DVDs? My SNES/Genesis collection is pretty small and N64 is non existent. How well does the Xbox handle the N64 emulator?

• Paid Members
I think ill be alright, Did i say ive got one thats got 900+ Games Downloaded already on it, have got the full list but will update asap :) !!!

On what system is that CP? I've got a modded old XBOX with 6 DVDs full of games from the Commodore 16 to the N64 and all the arcade games etc but with a library that huge, its impossible to go through them all.

I love playing old games on my PC emulator but it gets annoying using the keyboard sat at my desk. I had no idea you could get them to work on games consoles. Any idea if there's a way to make roms work on a PS3?

That Dingoo looks like it has a fiddly x-pad though, as someone pointed out earlier in the thread if you can't do diagonals it's useless.

Corp, give us a proper review once you've had a chance to play with it! I reckon I might buy one.

I soft modded my Xbox for the same purpose, to play MAME and old roms. Still figuring out how to use Scumm on it though. Jas, any chance of a trade for some of those DVDs? My SNES/Genesis collection is pretty small and N64 is non existent. How well does the Xbox handle the N64 emulator?

Please tell me you could sort me out a copy of a MAME set mate?! None of the current Rom Sets work on the XBOX. I've got every other platform covered, just need me some MAME with Wrestlefest.

Pity, you can get away with modded consoles on PSN at the moment, Sony are really lenient in comparison to Microsoft in that regard, but there is meant to be a patch coming up in March which sorts a lot of the problems out until some smart arse manages to find a loophole in the latest firmware.

What I'll do is try to get a copy done for you if you want? You're interested in the MAME, SNES/GENESIS & N64 ROMS yep? I'll have a look, shouldn't be a problem :thumbsup:

The XBOX does struggle a little bit with the N64 emulator, it's not as smooth but that isn't really too much of an issue, although watching the XBOX trying to cope with F Zero X is hilarious.

Has no one thought of going on ebay and buying a sega game gear for much cheaper then?

Quick question while we're talking about retro games, can anyone recommend me a good usb joypad for my Pc what I'll be able to use for playing old Rom's I have on my computer?

I've got hundreds of MasterSystem,Megadrive,Snes games but my hand keeps cramping up having to use the keyboard.

• Paid Members
Quick question while we're talking about retro games, can anyone recommend me a good usb joypad for my Pc what I'll be able to use for playing old Rom's I have on my computer?

I've got hundreds of MasterSystem,Megadrive,Snes games but my hand keeps cramping up having to use the keyboard.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/Xbox-360-Accesso...-%28Xbox-360%29

We've just got two of these at work for lunchtime MAME on a pc and they're absolutely superb.

Wired 360 pads work too, and might be more useful to you if you prefer the stick to the d-pad, or if you ever feel like getting a Playstation/Dreamcast/MAME/N64 emulator or whatever. They're plug and play too.

Archived