what are the best events out of the following

wwffan2

• Paid Members

Come on now, you need to see Fall Brawl 98. Power Slam listed the main event as one of the 20 matches you need to before you die a few years ago. The War Games main event is a collection of what should be titled "If It Can Go Wrong, It Will Go Wrong". From WCW playing generic music for Bret and DDP to start off to confuse everyone, to Stevie Ray slapjacking his own team mate Bret Hart when he was only supposed to just tease that Bret had left the nWo and not full on assault him (and then having to no sell it), to Sting trying a top

From what i've actually seen Spring Stampede 99 is from top to bottom a great show. Spring Stampede 2000 has a few good matches on it including DDP vs Jarrett, Awesome vs Bam Bam, Awesome vs Steiner and Sting vs Booker T. Starrcade 2000 has a Great Opener and Main Event, Sin 2001 is one of my Personal Favourite PPVs Great Action all Night.

Come on now, you need to see Fall Brawl 98. Power Slam listed the main event as one of the 20 matches you need to before you die a few years ago. The War Games main event is a collection of what should be titled "If It Can Go Wrong, It Will Go Wrong". From WCW playing generic music for Bret and DDP to start off to confuse everyone, to Stevie Ray slapjacking his own team mate Bret Hart when he was only supposed to just tease that Bret had left the nWo and not full on assault him (and then having to no sell it), to Sting trying a top

Apart from Fall Brawl and World War III, i quite like all the 1998 PPVs listed. As much as the tide was turning back in favour of the WWF business-wise, i always thought the variety from the WCW PPVs at that time tended to make for a real fun show, they had a bit of something for everyone.

You could probably just watch the 1999 ones up to and including the Slamboree opener, then forget the rest until around new Blood Rising/Fall Brawl the following year imo.

Also I really have a soft spot for Sin, SuperBrawl Revenge and Greed. Nice little trio of PPV's. They were honestly trying to re-invent themselves and it was going alright PPV wise I thought, definately save those to last cause I reckon you'll be pleasantly surprised after watching a lot of crap in '99/2000, but obviously there is a lot of good stuff in those years as well :thumbsup:

souled out 97 needs to be watched its a different style PPV, its like watching Mad Max 3, never seen a PPV like it before or since, the matches are good-decent, but the show is just strange, in a good way, intro is still one of the best ever, with Bischoff coming off like some corrupt world leader, "we are in control".

For someone who hasn't seen Souled Out 1997, what is its unique premise...?

It was an nWo PPV so everything was set up with thier colours (The ring looked awesome with an nWo logo and bikes and bikers were around the walkway etc) and to make them look better than the WCW guys eg. No music for anyone from WCW.

Everything bow said, plus you had the nWo accouncer (you know the voice in the nWo theme songs ne-ne-new world order) taking the piss out of the WCW wrestlers when they came out or during the match.

Here is the intro and you can see the set;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JElrmZ32loM

• Paid Members

I remember Bischoff on his prodigy chat calling WWF's Shot Gun Saturday Night taping something like disgusting and out of touch with what the audience wanted. And the very same week he put basically the same stripped down and gritty setup on the nWo Souled Out PPV. He took some stick for that one, because nWo Souled out (save for the funny intros and the opening entrance) was shite. Missed opportunity, because it seemed a novel idea. Should have used a free Clash of the Champions instead of a PPV to put this show on.

I remember Bischoff on his prodigy chat calling WWF's Shot Gun Saturday Night taping something like disgusting and out of touch with what the audience wanted. And the very same week he put basically the same stripped down and gritty setup on the nWo Souled Out PPV. He took some stick for that one, because nWo Souled out (save for the funny intros and the opening entrance) was shite. Missed opportunity, because it seemed a novel idea. Should have used a free Clash of the Champions instead of a PPV to put this show on.

I agree it was a risk, but I rather risk in wrestling than stale boring shite like we get in WWE now days.

It would have been better if he used a clash, but you can hardly blame him using the nWo name, I mean the nWo was at its peak in 97, all down hill after starcade97.

Archived