Shows that you don't like, except for one match you love

ThePhenom

• Paid Members
Probably a contraversal one, but how about Canadian Stampede.

Great Main event tag, but the rest wasn't great.

Taker/Vader was so, so.

The Taka match wasn't really my Bag of Rice.

And the Helmesly/Mankind match was only ever a set-up to their awesome cage match at Sumerslam.

There was also a dark match with the Godwinns and Blackjacks which was below par.

Canadian Stampede is in the top 2 PPV's they've ever produced. Taker/Vader is excellent, the cruiser match is arguably the best in the company's history, Mankind/Hunter is a very good match and the main event is phenomonal. If you like snowflakes, the average for the PPV is about 4****, which is simply astounding.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For me, a show that will always go down as being remembered for one thing and thing only, I'll have to say Armageddon 2006, I even had to go back and check the card as aside from the Tag team 4 way ladder match I couldn't remember a single other match on the show. I am not saying the rest of the card was terrible (as I can't remember if it was or not) but this has one match show written all over it.

I did think of this, that Ladder Match was so good. I remember the Kane/MVP Inferno Match that kicked off the show being good as well though.

yeah i agree, armageddon 2006 started with that inferno match, then had the 4 way ladder bout and then i think they had the boogeyman vs miz and it went downhill from there. the main event if i recall correctly was finlay and booker t vs cena and batista and was a tv or even house show type match and nobody expected any other result than a cena/batista win.

but the show had 2 good bouts so it cant count. but it was close i guess.

Probably a contraversal one, but how about Canadian Stampede.

Great Main event tag, but the rest wasn't great.

Taker/Vader was so, so.

The Taka match wasn't really my Bag of Rice.

And the Helmesly/Mankind match was only ever a set-up to their awesome cage match at Sumerslam.

There was also a dark match with the Godwinns and Blackjacks which was below par.

Canadian Stampede is in the top 2 PPV's they've ever produced. Taker/Vader is excellent, the cruiser match is arguably the best in the company's history, Mankind/Hunter is a very good match and the main event is phenomonal. If you like snowflakes, the average for the PPV is about 4****, which is simply astounding.

I continue to be amazed at the love this event gets, i've mentioned it a few times but it always gets brought up as being wonderful. I thought the 3 undercard matches were very good and here's where I differ in that i thought the main event was just good, it's been a while so I might like it more 2nd time round but I just remember it being a pretty standard multi-man tag match with a hot crowd. Also and again I may be alone I find it hard to call a 4 match card the greatest anything. It just doesn't seem right personally, I'm funny with amounts of matches on a card though, I like more rather than less, obviously not too many so nothing gets any time.

I think there are many events down the years where if you picked 4 matches out and chopped out the rest it would seem as brilliant and equally if there had been other matches on here that weren't so great it may not have been viewed as it is. What i'm basically saying is that it doesn't seem a full event. Having said all this I think it's one of those where i'll always be confused at the love it gets and people will of course still love it as much as they do.

Also Armageddon 2006 had a very good last ride match and a good cruiser match I thought as well as the other matches mentioned. A top event.

• Paid Members
How about Summerslam 1998? i remember the rock/hhh ladder match but other than that what was there? Another Austin/undertaker brawl?

Jesus, someone is literally going to rip you to pieces! :laugh:

That main event is pretty great. the opener is very good too. Been a long time since I've seen them but I remember liking the Hair match and the Lion's Den.

• Paid Members
How about Summerslam 1998? i remember the rock/hhh ladder match but other than that what was there? Another Austin/undertaker brawl?

Jesus, someone is literally going to rip you to pieces! :laugh:

That main event is pretty great. the opener is very good too. Been a long time since I've seen them but I remember liking the Hair match and the Lion's Den.

Not to mention the white hot crowd! The pop at the end of HHH/Rock is massive. They were well up for it all the way through the card!

I love that main event, Austin was on the top of his game. Just another Austin/Undertaker brawl would be their Backlash 2002 scrap.

• Paid Members

That main event was a massive disappointment compared to what it could and should have been. A brilliant, long, and episodic build and a match that didn't do it justice. The build and angle is one of my favourite things in wrestling but the match was nothing special. It was probably severely hurt by Austin getting knocked loopy in the early moments. There's an interview with Austin after the event and it's clear as day he's not happy with the match.

Archived