Butlins 18-30 weekend

Checkmate

Thread-jack!!!

My 18-30 years are a long way behind me but, in light of Pontins' financial troubles, the "Southport" Weekender has been moved to Butlin's Minehead. If anyone has any tips with regards to rooms (have to be an serious upgrade), facilities, adult weekends etc it would be good to know.

haha nooooooooooooooo dont do it!!!

I got a refund, was a club 18-30' at Southport Pontins, and was 17 girls and over 400 men!!!

So they just got pist and had a riot, few fights, set fire to stuff. Funny really but not as they advertise the weekend.

Was like 7yrs ago now but was shit.

I've been to the Minehead resort twice during 18-30 weekends. Both times have had a really good male to female ratio; obviously, there are always more men, but it's not as extreme as Butch would have you think. Decent amount of women and a good laugh. Quite chavvy, but it's Butlins, so that's to be expected.

Last time I went was earlier this year, the weekend England were knocked out of the World Cup. Surprisingly, there wasn't much trouble at all - a few chavs angrily throwing plastic pints but apart from that, it was all good. Great atmosphere with the huge Welsh contingent out on the Green shouting German/Welsh/anti-English songs, and a large group of us replying with 'You've never qualified' chants and variations thereof. Then some lad started a 'I'd rather shag a paki than a sheep' chant and was rightfully derided by both sets of fans.

Considering how pissed off all us England fans were, there was a lot of friendly banter between us and the Welsh and like I said, hardly any trouble at all.

Anyway, I'd recommend going. You can usually spot the troublemakers straightaway - steer clear of them, do a lot of drinking in your room before hitting the clubs and you'll be fine. Probably a good 70% chance of you pulling too if you're decent with the ladies.

It's also great fun to dress up for the occasion. Our group went for a superhero theme - I kinda cheated with Austin Powers, but knocking around with two Bananamen, Superman, Zorro, Flash, Wolverine and Batman meant I stood out a little in comparison. Not as much as the Bananamen mind, those were surrounded by women!

• Paid Members

Fludder are you sure you didn't book in on the 18-30 gay weekend?

i went the year before last i think on a stag-do, it was a good weekend. I'd recommend it if that's your kind of thing, you pretty much have to entertain yourselves in the day but the the nights are pretty good, lots of like 80's cheese music going on, fancy dress and all that shit. We saw some a U2, Kylie Minogue and Madonna tribute acts which were pretty fucking good, the chicks-male ratio was pretty good too, lots of hen parties and stuff happening.

It all depends on whether you like that kind of thing, you'll enjoy it...don't expect anything else other than a massive piss-up that doesn't take itself too seriously.

The rooms are pretty naff though, i think we had the bog standard accomidation, but i guess when your sharing with 4 mates you don't want much else.

• Paid Members
The rooms are pretty naff though, i think we had the bog standard accomidation, but i guess when your sharing with 4 mates you don't want much else.

Wouldnt have minded our room not being the party room. :(

Those bitches ate our chicken burgers!

Still, it's a good weekend considering the price.

The Men/Women ratio was very good, and as said, the entertainment is cheesy but a good laugh.

Price of beer/food on site is shocking as you'd expect though. Best off getting to a supermarket (Minehead has a Tesco near it) and stocking up on Grub and Crates of beer for the chalet.

What's the cheapest you can do one of these weekends? How does it compare financially to a music festival? I'm not sure which I'd enjoy more. I dunno why I'm asking. My best mate hasn't left the house in six months except to drive his mother to work and he's scared of women, so he'd never come with anyway.

• Paid Members
What's the cheapest you can do one of these weekends? How does it compare financially to a music festival? I'm not sure which I'd enjoy more. I dunno why I'm asking. My best mate hasn't left the house in six months except to drive his mother to work and he's scared of women, so he'd never come with anyway.

• Paid Members
If you're looking for it, you're probably gonna find someone to take back to your shitty Chalet.

I ended up going the same weekend that my Ex girlfriend was going. Needless to say, we got along pretty well that weekend.

ahhh yes, i remember this quite well :thumbsup:

Archived