Music News Thread: New Velvet Revolver Singer?

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

no real need for a thread for the title subject, but we don't have a general music news thread so i started a fucker.

Velvet Revolver are going to name their new singer this week, apparently it's a 'known' guy, any wagers on who it's gonna be?

Thought this is a thread where general music news can be discussed, post some youtube clips or whatever.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Franky Perez, formerly guitar & backing vocals for Scars on Broadway is who I heard. Corey Taylor was being touted around too, he auditioned in 2008 but apparently the scheduling was wrong as he was busy with Slipknot.

Known Singer.. hmm, Blaze Bayley

I seriously hope not. This is just my personal opinion, but I'm not a fan of Blaze Bayley at all. I think Dickinson does his Iron Maiden stuff better than he ever did.

Funny how that works. I thought Blaze was atrocious at the Bruce material, but I still reckon Di'Anno is the best at the Early Days stuff.

• Paid Members
Known Singer.. hmm, Blaze Bayley

I seriously hope not. This is just my personal opinion, but I'm not a fan of Blaze Bayley at all. I think Dickinson does his Iron Maiden stuff better than he ever did.

Funny how that works. I thought Blaze was atrocious at the Bruce material, but I still reckon Di'Anno is the best at the Early Days stuff.

I feel quite sorry for Blaze. He was never going to win over the Maiden fans. Fair play to him he gave it a good try (and came up with some pretty good material) but it didn't work out.

I absolutely loved the interview with him at the time whenhe said as soon as he got the Maiden gig the first thing he did was pick up Exchange & Mart and buy a Jag.

Axl! .... That would be a turn up for the books.

More chance of Elvis being the new singer...

• Paid Members

Drowning Pool blamed for the recent shooting massacre in America:

Metal is once again blamed for murder in the US. Get the full story inside.

Jared Lee Loughner, a 22 year old student in Tuscon, Arizona, opened fire this weekend in a Tucson supermarket where U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords hosted a meet-and-greet. Six people (including a 9 year-old girl) were killed and 14 others wounded in the shooting and, in an all-too familiar tale, the world of metal is taking the blame in the US media.

This time around, the Washington Post has latched on to the fact that Loughner had an unofficial version of Drowning Pool

Drowning Pool blamed for the recent shooting massacre in America:

Metal is once again blamed for murder in the US. Get the full story inside.

Jared Lee Loughner, a 22 year old student in Tuscon, Arizona, opened fire this weekend in a Tucson supermarket where U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords hosted a meet-and-greet. Six people (including a 9 year-old girl) were killed and 14 others wounded in the shooting and, in an all-too familiar tale, the world of metal is taking the blame in the US media.

This time around, the Washington Post has latched on to the fact that Loughner had an unofficial version of Drowning Pool’s ‘Bodies’, 10 years old this year, as one of his favourite YouTube videos, though CNN focus on the fact that the shooter had a long history of mental problems at his college.

Drowning Pool have issued the following statement:

“We’d like to thank our fans for all of their support yesterday, and once again offer our thoughts to the victims and their families.

“Jared Lee Loughner is clearly a very disturbed individual.

“The Washington Post ran an article on ‘Bodies’ and the Tucson shootings today. But instead of telling the whole story, the writer decided to edit what we had to say in order to make it seem like we were somehow responsible for what happened last weekend. He left out some really important facts.

“Where did the part about us performing for the troops go? Where was the mention of us helping to pass a bill in support of our soldiers?

“If you want to let readers form their own opinions of who we are and what we support, include all of the info!

“We find it inappropriate to imply that our song or rock music in general is to blame for this tragic event. It is premature to make this assumption without having all the facts in the case. It is just as likely that this horrible act was caused by the irresponsible and violent rhetoric used by mainstream media outlets such as the Washington Post.

“Listening to Drowning Pool music does not make you a bad person. Misleading people does.”

what a pile of shit :(

Drowning Pool can never catch a break, weren't they 'responsible' for some soldiers torturing prisoners aswell?

• Paid Members
Drowning Pool can never catch a break, weren't they 'responsible' for some soldiers torturing prisoners aswell?

In fairness they have dined out fairly well for a band that only has one good song.

What song would that be?

Well it isn't their horrible cover of Creeping Death for a start...

Archived