Thunderbirds Are Go!

patiirc

Well dagnammit! You get the 'Main Man' to talk about stamps being issued in their honour, including a snazzy moving one for Thunderbird 2, and he only goes says he is making a new series!

He didnt say anything else about it at all as was at the end of the interview out of the blue so to speak

So any one interested in seeing an updated show today? Would you wante Captain Scarlet style graphics or would you like some kind of faux/real puppets to be used?

What about his other work? Like/Dislike? There is a ot to be said about Aquafuckingmarina as Tempest was a staple diet of school holiday TV when growing up

Thoughts?

• Paid Members

I didn't think he owned the rights to Thunderbirds anymore? I though he sold them on years ago as I remember seeing some programme where he was discussing the fact he is penniless as he doesn't get any form of royalties or anything from it.

I didn't think he owned the rights to Thunderbirds anymore? I though he sold them on years ago as I remember seeing some programme where he was discussing the fact he is penniless as he doesn't get any form of royalties or anything from it.

No idea boss, Iam assuming rights were sorted for the Thunderbirds movie?

I know that Gerry has been trying to get something off the ground in terms of a new series for a while though

• Paid Members

*gets out Thunderbird 2 toy*

I have no idea how to feel about this. Dyllan and other kids will love this, He is really into Octonauts and so am I tbh, so the action adventure team aspect would be a big hit. But, for me, to have the same charm as it did they would have to do it with puppets again. It was one of my favourite shows ever as a child so will be a bit miffed if they don't get this spot on.

Who else did the Blue Peter Tracey Island?

*gets out Thunderbird 2 toy*

I have no idea how to feel about this. Dyllan and other kids will love this, He is really into Octonauts and so am I tbh, so the action adventure team aspect would be a big hit. But, for me, to have the same charm as it did they would have to do it with puppets again. It was one of my favourite shows ever as a child so will be a bit miffed if they don't get this spot on.

Who else did the Blue Peter Tracey Island?

I had the real thing. :sly:

Big fan of Thunderbirds, I hope they don't bring it back and completely screw it up, hated the movie and thought that was a joke.

Gerry Anderson seemed a bit of a bitter old man around the time the Thunderbirds life action movie was coming out a few years ago. The resulting movie was abysmal so I kinda see why he was so pissed off, but should feel glad they didn't want him to have anything to do with it.

I saw the new Captain Scarlet and had such memories of the old show (that and Stingray and Thunderbirds) I was worried about the graphic version, but it was pretty good. Quite liked seeing the character being able to emote.

In a way, I'd like the old puppets back but with the face tech they had in Team America. But we'll see what the future holds. As long as we get an inpromptu performance of the 'Man on the moon will jump on you' I'd be sound as a pound.

• Paid Members
Gerry Anderson seemed a bit of a bitter old man around the time the Thunderbirds life action movie was coming out a few years ago. The resulting movie was abysmal so I kinda see why he was so pissed off, but should feel glad they didn't want him to have anything to do with it.

Gerry was hired as something like Creative Consultant for the live action movie, and then fired again before actually inputting anything. They then tried to pay him for soundbites of him saying how great it was, and he told them to bollocks, so they got Sylvia to do it instead.

Archived