DIY Haircutting

The Reverend

Ok - so I've come to that time in my life where I'm receeding and going grey so quite like a seriously 'short back and sides'. My style now is a grade 2 on top and a 1 on the back and sides.

But rather than having to spend out (and find time) at the barbers, I thought I may do it myself. Does anyone have any recommendations for clippers etc. which are easy to use and won't make me look like a Nazi collaborator in post war Holland.

• Paid Members

Its fairly simple I think if you not after anything fancy.I do my own all over with a 3mm guard and just get some one to level the back with no guard and jobs done. Looks alright and its cheap.

I will say go for clippers that are cordless. I found a good set lasts, I have had these ones for years now. Also its so much simpler to do without a cable, especially if its really short like you get on some cheep sets.

Get that stupid ball that you rub over your head that cuts your hair that they're advertising on telly at the minute.

And then write us a review, because I want to know what it's like!

I was looking at that - hoping someone here had already used it. Looks like I maybe the guinea pig!

Archived