Raw 10/01/2011 Discussion

Cobra1000

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seem to remember in previous years that the first inductee announced has been the 'main attraction' (Stone Cold in 2009, Bret Hart in 2006 and Hulk Hogan in 2004) so it will be interesting to see who is announced tonight. Suppose we'll also get an idea of whether those WCW rumours are true...

• Paid Members
The News Boards have been saying Arn Anderson is a lock this past few days, but as you said, it should be someone bigger than that. My money is on Lesnar or Goldberg.

I'm with you on that. Whoever it is I'm guessing will play a part in Wrestlemania itself. Either that or they're planning on inducting a huge class this year, which would kind of leave them short in future years.

SAVAGE PLEASE

I have wanted this for years. Politics aside, he is one of the greatest characters and athletes wrestling has ever seen. How Koko B Ware and others (No disrespect intended) are in the Hall of Fame before Savage just goes to show what a joke the selection process is.

Speaking of which, does anybody know if there is a formal selection process for HoF?

• Paid Members
SAVAGE PLEASE

I have wanted this for years. Politics aside, he is one of the greatest characters and athletes wrestling has ever seen. How Koko B Ware and others (No disrespect intended) are in the Hall of Fame before Savage just goes to show what a joke the selection process is.

Speaking of which, does anybody know if there is a formal selection process for HoF?

I very much doubt it. Apparently the Koko B. Ware induction came about as Brian Gerwitz suggested they try and achieve synergy with the Legends of Wrestlemania video game.

So said the newz sites anyway.

Some midcarders do deserve to be inducted in my opinion, even lower carders. For example, I'd have no objection to the Brooklyn Brawler making the HOF one day. I'd be perfectly OK with someone like Chavo Guerrero making it in the future too, for example. Though I'm sure some people will disagree with me on that one, and fair enough. It depends on how elite you think the HOF should be.

Well, Triple H said recently that he nominated Abdullah the Butcher (which is cool and would be well deserved). A couple of years back there was the Gordon Solie thing as well where there was a lot of talk about JR, Dusty Rhodes and someone else I forgot 'campaigning' to get him in when they had WM in Florida (and how much work it took to convince McMahon/Dunn to do it). Also there was that thing a few years back where Hulk Hogan was asked his opinion on who he'd nominate from a list of names that he got them to unwittingly read out over Bubba the Lovesponge's show.

So I do think there is some kind of nomination process/thought behind it beyond just the random 'Vince plucking names out of thin air' thing that gets thrown around.

But yeah, all of that is irrelevant if you are someone who is 1. Too expensive; 2. On bad terms with the company.

Arn Anderson going in would be a worthy candidate, although I always thought they'd wait until Flair was back around again.

As far as big names who could theoretically work the show go then unless they get The Steiners, bring back Booker T. or a one night APA reunion (all of which I

Archived