smackdown spoilers

xear

nodq.com

Dark Match:

* Percy Watson defeated Chavo Guerrero.

SmackDown, Airing Friday:

*World champion Edge defeated Kane in a Last Man Standing match.

*Kofi Kingston pinned Dolph Ziggler to win the WWE Intercontinental championship. Post match, Dolph attacked Kingston. Vickie Guerrero cuts a promo demanding a restart and there was so much crowd heat, you couldn't make out what she said. Kingston then wins again.

*Backstage promo with Drew McIntyre and Kelly Kelly.

*Drew McIntyre vs. Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show to determine a new top contender for the World championship. Vickie Guerrero comes out and adds Dolph Ziggler to the match. Dolph Ziggler pinned Cody to become the number one contender. Late in the match, Wade Barrett came out and attacked Big Show.

*They aired another new Ezekiel Jackson promo pushing that he's coming soon to Smackdown.

*Michelle McCool pinned Kelly Kelly. LayCool continued to attack Kelly but Drew McIntyre hit the ring and cleared it to make the save.

*Best of Three Falls: Alberto del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio. Del Rio avoids the 619 and nails the rolling armbreaker for Fall One. Rey comes back to win the second fall. Del Rio scores the pin in Fall Three after Ricardo holds Rey's leg down. Rey destroys Ricardo after.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really happy with this. Dolph enjoyed a great end to 2010 but I feel he's another 6 months away from warranting a World Title run.

But a program with Edge could be very beneficial for both. Especially Edge who has grown rather stale.

Elsewhere I am glad to see Barrett on SmackDown, I called this last week.

Im a Dolph fan, but I sometimes feel exasperated at these sort of rushed story lines.

1) Dolph literally lost the IC belt and won a world title shot in ONE SHOW. There should of been some sort of aftermath to him losing the IC belt which naturally leads to Vickie giving him a world title shot to keep him happy. The way this storyline has played out you end up looking at Kofi as "the guy they dumped the belt onto."

2) Wade jump to Smackdown was bloody quick. Come on! We should of seen Wade Barrett enter the rumble as a tweener, and hint that maybe he is now anti-nexus and on Cena's side, only to betray Cena and jump to Smackdown with the aim that he is going to win the World Title for Nexus.

I just get dissapointed that wwe resort to such rapid, and sometime illogical, story telling.

• Paid Members

Bit shit that he turns up on another show with no explanation. Not only does him fleeing from Raw make him look like a total fanny, but they didn't tie up loose ends with him and Punk, or Cena, or the rest of Nexus, or Raw.

I remember Chris Jericho losing a grudge match to Shawn Michaels at Unforgiven 2008, then winning the World title later that same night on the same show.

I think the idea is to show how good a wrestler is, quickly rebounding from a loss.

The idea with Ziggler is clearly that they've been impressed by him, and are rewarding him with a more high profile push, hence getting the I.C. title belt off, but not damaging him so much because he won the World title shot later in the night.

He obviously 'passed the test' when he faced John Cena in those two matches on Raw and Smackdown before Christmas.

I hope that Wade shows up at Raw atleast for a couple of weeks, possibly screws Punk out of a match etc, just to bring a little closure to the story. All of that aside I am really pleased that Barrett has gone over to smackdown, I think the blue brand needs all the big names it can get. Once Christian is back, possibly a Jericho return to smackdown the show could be pretty good.

I just get dissapointed that wwe resort to such rapid, and sometime illogical, story telling.

Really?

We should of seen Wade Barrett enter the rumble as a tweener, and hint that maybe he is now anti-nexus and on Cena's side

What's quick about that? Wade Barrett is gone for a month and in his absence Nexus has a new leader. He returns at the rumble and the big question is if he still with Nexus. It is then HINTED that he is on Cena's side and HINTED that he is against Nexus. Its not like he turns face outright and is pro Cena suddenly. That's a very logical storyline; Barrett returns and we have no idea if he is more pissed off at Cena or more pissed off at Nexus. This naturally eludes to the possibility of Cena and Barrett being reluctant partners again Nexus.

Post rumble you get the fairly typical setup: Cena and Barrett are uneasy tag partners in some Raw main event again Nexus. Barrett then shows his true colours and reveals he and CM Punk are in it together.

Thats not rapid. Thats a single step in the overall picture of moving Barrett to Smackdown.

Hopefully they give Kofi a nice little run with the IC belt. He seems to be very popular with the fans and puts on entertaining matches.

Dolph getting a top line push? Nice. Interesting to see how he matches up with Edge.

Maybe, as has been said, he loses out initially but wins MITB at WM. Give him a bit more time.

Archived