smackdown spoilers

xear

True there was... but it happened very quickly (one show) which was my criticism. I.e. I would of like to of seen a upset Diggler attempt to get the belt back for a bit, fail, blame Vickie, have a sulk and then Vickie finally organizing the world title shot. I just feel that could of made some interesting telly.

If Ziggler had spent weeks failing to win the Intercontinental title before becoming number one contender to the World title, that would've been criticised as well.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cracking Smackdown, which is a small miracle considering it was structured around three rematches I'd no interest in seeing. I hope we've seen the back of all three of them now anyway.

Superb night for Ziggler again. A little feud with Vickie's ex-husband should make for some good Smackdown over the next few weeks.

I'm curious to see which rivalries are going to start up now, aside from the obvious (Edge vs Ziggler, Show vs Barrett). I'm crossing my fingers that there'll be no more Kofi vs McIntyre.

1) Dolph literally lost the IC belt and won a world title shot in ONE SHOW. There should of been some sort of aftermath to him losing the IC belt which naturally leads to Vickie giving him a world title shot to keep him happy.

What the fuck are you on about? There was a backstage argument where he was dumping her if she didn't come up with something to make him happy. Dolph being thrown into the four way made perfect sense in the context of the show.

True there was... but it happened very quickly (one show) which was my criticism. I.e. I would of like to of seen a upset Diggler attempt to get the belt back for a bit, fail, blame Vickie, have a sulk and then Vickie finally organizing the world title shot. I just feel that could of made some interesting telly.

Vickie was only in charge for 1 night, Dolph wouldnt have had an ic title rematch and a no1 contenders match otherwise....

If it wasn't for Edge and Kane, smackdown would have been perfect this week. A great episode of Wrestling television in my book!

Ziggler losing the belt was a shocker, and Kofi ain't gonna do shit with the belt but seeing Dolph become #1 Contender was great. Vickie's heat is absolutely incredible.

Del Rio vs Rey was good but I would have liked for Del Rio's pinfalls to be the other way around. The way it ended makes me think the feud isn't over and it really should be!

If Ziggler had spent weeks failing to win the Intercontinental title before becoming number one contender to the World title, that would've been criticised as well.

Obviously people would critisise it. You can't please everyone. But there's nothing wrong with debate and people disagreeing. You make criticism

Obviously people would critisise it. You can't please everyone. But there's nothing wrong with debate and people disagreeing. You make criticism

That was a great show.

As soon as Ziggler lost to Kofi the second time I predicted to myself that Ziggler would win the Rumble. I assume I am wrong about that, but I had the general idea. I wonder if Ziggler vs. Edge will be at Rumble though, they didn't seem to mention when the match would be.

I also think more could have been done with Wade Barrett before moving him to Smackdown, and a Big Show vs. Wade Barrett match doesn't sound very exciting, but we'll see.

That was a great show.

As soon as Ziggler lost to Kofi the second time I predicted to myself that Ziggler would win the Rumble. I assume I am wrong about that, but I had the general idea. I wonder if Ziggler vs. Edge will be at Rumble though, they didn't seem to mention when the match would be.

I wasn't expecting him to win the Rumble, but I was expecting he'd have a tremendous go at it and probably be the man in the ring longest. I reckon the title match will be at the Rumble, the alternative is to blow it off next week and do another Edge vs Kane. The only other serious option for a title shot is Del Rio, and he's already been promoting himself in the Rumble match... Swagger wasn't even on the show this week so he can't be a big priority at the moment.

I also think more could have been done with Wade Barrett before moving him to Smackdown, and a Big Show vs. Wade Barrett match doesn't sound very exciting, but we'll see.

I liked the Barrett vs Big Show match on Raw the other week. Is it definite that he's gone to Smackdown? I can see the logic in it (him and Nexus are both heels, so they can't really feud) but it does seem a waste. I think Big Show and McIntyre clashing over Drew's advances on Kelly had a lot more to offer as well, but they can always come back to that after he's done with Barrett.

I thought it was a great Smackdown to be honest. The Last Man Standing match was great, even the backstage brawling was OK and I surprisingly liked the wheelchair spot.

Ziggler vs Kingston was your run of the mill (But good) match, we've seen them a thousand times and I really liked the double-loss for Ziggler. He's had such a strong run with the belt you knew he'd lose it in some weird fashion. For those moaning about his inclusion in the No1 contenders match so soon and there not being any aftermath. Ziggler hinted that he and Vickie might be over, so she instantly put him in the match to stop him dumping her. Its fantastic storytelling in such a short space of time and Ziggler being the No1 contender should be great.

My only fear is, they'll rush the title shot next week before the Rumble much like they did with Morrison & Miz, and have Kane/Del Rio/Mysterio challenge at the Royal Rumble but I seriously hope not. Ziggler has been fantastic and as the months gone on, its becoming clear he's the one using Vickie, not the other way about. Its been great watching that relationship develop over time and not get stale. In actuality, the Kaitlyn/Vickie/Dolph thing was the lowest ebb of the angle, despite Kaitlyn being hot as fuck. Ziggler vs Edge should be great. I don't think Edge is as stale as everyone thinks, but he does need a fresh opponent and someone who'll bump like fuck for him such as Ziggler should be great to watch.

I don't think Ziggler has any chance of winning but you never know.

Barrett on Smackdown was good, but I still hope he shows up on Raw to deal with Punk and Nexus. I was worried it was leading to a face turn, but I'm glad he's on Smackdown as a heel. They've needed new talent for a while now and Barrett should shore things up. He could easily slot into the World title picture if they needed him to and with him on Smackdown the rumored match with The Undertaker can be built to a little more logically.

Del Rio vs Mysterio was decent, but I really don't want to see those two wrestle anytime soon. That's the problem with Smackdown, there's no real variety. Sooner they get Christian back in action the better. Its the same cycle of matches and it looks like it'll be that way for a while. Hopefully once NXT Season 4 ends they can slot some of the better guys in. Its amazing, but I think Kaval being released/quitting is a bigger blow for Smackdown than you'd think.

I'd perhaps start shifting some of the lower end Raw guys over to Smackdown just to shake things up. Guys like Yoshi Tatsu and David Hart Smith or Tyson Kidd. And obviously use more of Hawkins, Reks, Masters and Baretta to break up the monotony. As much as I enjoyed Smackdown this week with the usual crop of talent, the chances of them delivering like that every week are slim to none.

Has their been any changes to WWE creative personnel? It actually felt like a wrestling show rather than a soap opera this week. I thoroughly enjoyed that and hope they continue to go in this direction.

Watched this show after liking the sound of the spoilers. Really enjoyed it, touch wood they'll keep it up. My only fear is a feud between Dolph and Edge revolving around their relationships to Vickie.

It had genuinely not crossed my mind about the whole Edge/Vickie/Dolph thing.

It could make for some interesting tv I guess.

I don't think it's a bad thing if they bring some of that into it. Makes it a bit more personal if they play on it right.

I think Dolph's done very well over recent months, and deserves a chance to go higher.

Plus, him losing to Kingston could, in theory, bring Kofi up to main event level eventually.

Typical mid-carders through to main event kinda deal. Often worked historically.

My only fear is a feud between Dolph and Edge revolving around their relationships to Vickie.

Of course it's going to revolve around Vickie, it'd be shit otherwise. Dolph's still got no particular character and Edge has been total shit for half of the year. Vickie's one of the most reliable performers in wrestling. It'd be fucking nuts for them to just ignore her when trying to make her ex-husband vs her current boyfriend an interesting feud. The entire thing should be predicated on Ziggler now enjoying the same perks and advantages that Edge used to. The shoe's on the other foot for the Ultimate Opportunist and all that.

I just hope he doesn't kidnap her in a wheelchair. Although last time he did that to Vickie, it only lasted a night and was a lot funnier than when he did it to Paul Bearer and it went on for eight months.

Has their been any changes to WWE creative personnel? It actually felt like a wrestling show rather than a soap opera this week. I thoroughly enjoyed that and hope they continue to go in this direction.

There hasn't been any major changes. The only thing different is that Vince McMahon doesn't have his head filled with other things such as Lindas election campaign. There's been talk that he's more focused in the product than he's been in a long long time. Not to mention Triple H now has some major say with his new position, more than he did before. I think those two things have drastically changed the way the show's are being booked.

Archived