Wrestlemania 27 Party in Bournemouth Area

extremebc

I am in talks with a few venues about doing a wrestlemania party, i know last years glasgow date springs to mind but i am only talking to venues with 24 hour license, i need at least 40 names for it to be possible so thought be worth asking around now see what interest we can get, looking in the bournemouth area, travelodge are currently doing

I'm just away to work. Will send you a pm tonight to try help..

I would be interested and probably have 2-3 people in tow, however I dont know really how big the demand is in bournemouth compared to elsewhere. If it is your choice due to the locality may I suggest Southampton as an alternative. Much bigger scope, more of a working class population (not to stereotype people but there is a recorded trend going back to the dawn of pro wrestling time of it being a working mans sport), More venues to choose from and a much better public transport service as well as being more central to the south. Bournemouth people may travel up, possibly Portsmouth and of course southampton as well

• Paid Members

I'd be up for it and will most likely have a couple of friends in tow. I'm from Southampton but I wouldn't mind about getting up to Bournemouth and making a weekend of it tbh. Last year I was stuck at home watching a shitty stream after my mate with Sky went down with flu on the day so definately up for something like this!

Yeah, nice idea. Yeah make sure the guys have the right license. You don't wanna riot on your hands. The last Wrestlemania one in Glasgow ended badly. Isn't there a legal issue anyway. I know a screening of Survivor Series was cancelled after ICW for legal reasons.

I'm just away to work. Will send you a pm tonight to try help..

any help is appreciated

If it is your choice due to the locality may I suggest Southampton as an alternative........ More venues to choose from and a much better public transport service as well as being more central to the south. Bournemouth people may travel up, possibly Portsmouth and of course southampton as well

i would be happy to do it in southampton if it were to be more of a success/more of a demand for one in southampton, without confirming it and starting to flyer its hard to see if it would be a success or not, any suggestions for venues would be most appreciated so i could start contacting

any other ideas people want to throw in would be great

Keeping the tv on til the main event's over would be a good move.

thanks, i'll keep that in mind ;)

Yeah, nice idea. Yeah make sure the guys have the right license. You don't wanna riot on your hands. The last Wrestlemania one in Glasgow ended badly. Isn't there a legal issue anyway. I know a screening of Survivor Series was cancelled after ICW for legal reasons.

the current place im looking at has a 24 hour license and is aware that show ends at 4am so that wouldnt be a problem, anywhere that is not willing to say they can 100% do it or says "well we can apply for a license" will just make me try the next place!

The bar thing is very true, while at Uni in the final year, the pub I worked in had sky sports so after close on Mondays and Fridays RAW/SD were watched upstairs (or if the boss was out then downstaris with free beer). However we decided to have a Mania Party upstairs and they wouldnt let us buy it because it was sky registered to the pub, never gave explanation but was very dissapointing.

To put it simple. In the UK you can't watch WWE PPV events which air on Sky Box Office in a commercial venue such as a bar, club, social club, hotel etc.

WWE has it in their agreement with Sky that carriage of WWE PPV events which air on Sky Box Office are only for domestic customers only i.e people ordering the event at home.

When i ran the WWE PPV party nights with The Sports Cafe in Glasgow i went with the assumption that if the venue has a commercial license with Sky that they were permitted to show what they wanted. About three years into my four year relationship with the venue i found out that the manager of The Sports Cafe Glasgow would order the event on his home set top box then bring his home set top box into the club and set it up to play on all the screens in the venue. When Sky have commercial customers take out a commercial subscription the set top box is restricted and programmed by Sky to allow access to the content set out in the agreement with Sky and the venue. Thats why the manager of The Sports Cafe Glasgow done this.

The venue has now been shut down due to a catalog of errors including this.

To put it simple. In the UK you can't watch WWE PPV events which air on Sky Box Office in a commercial venue such as a bar, club, social club, hotel etc.

WWE has it in their agreement with Sky that carriage of WWE PPV events which air on Sky Box Office are only for domestic customers only i.e people ordering the event at home.

When i ran the WWE PPV party nights with The Sports Cafe in Glasgow i went with the assumption that if the venue has a commercial license with Sky that they were permitted to show what they wanted. About three years into my four year relationship with the venue i found out that the manager of The Sports Cafe Glasgow would order the event on his home set top box then bring his home set top box into the club and set it up to play on all the screens in the venue. When Sky have commercial customers take out a commercial subscription the set top box is restricted and programmed by Sky to allow access to the content set out in the agreement with Sky and the venue. Thats why the manager of The Sports Cafe Glasgow done this.

The venue has now been shut down due to a catalog of errors including this.

i dont want to say the exact amount it is going to cost but so far its in triple figures so it wouldnt just be

Was not aware that Sky had a commercial purchase option for WWE events shown on Sky Box Office? I know the price to order a David Haye fight runs into high three figures depending on the size of the venue and the ammount of people it is likley to attract.

Archived