Return date of Tough Enough is confirmed

Big Rob

• Paid Members

In fairness, time has never been better to re-introduce the format, what with the WWE Champion and his top contender being former Tough Enough contestants.

I can hear the endless 'inspirational' vignettes filled with soppy cock rock from here. Could be somehting to look foward to but I would rather they kept NXT as it is at least in the format of a traditional wrestling show more or less and it made sense of years of pointless C level shows ... at least for a little while. But who knows, Tough Enough could be more or less that with a few tweaks.

Instead of auditioning and taking contestants 'off the street' ala previous Tough Enoughs, what I would find interesting is if this series was to actually accurately depict the FCW farming system and either pick contestants from the genuine tryouts that FCW hold, or make the competition using people already training at FCW (so along the lines of NXT, but obviously this time genuinely being 'unscripted', like previous Tough Enoughs). This would seem much more genuine and consistent with the WWE product, kind of the like the Ultimate Fighter is to UFC, than doing the whole 'anyone can audition' thing, which to me devalues the real world difficulty of actually getting anywhere near the WWE develomental system, and breeds that whole mentality of people not paying their dues etc.

Yeah the programme has served them well and it only went down hill when they changed the format and removed the 'reality' side of things by having it as an add on to SmackDown I think.

I totally agree with this, I hope they keep Tough Enough and Raw as totally separate programmes and have no cross over at all. Tough Enough seemed real and edgy when it first debuted but became a forerunner to NXT by the time Puder and co were in. I have no doubt that the successful Ultimate Fighter and boxing's contender were inspired by the original Tough Enough format but they went in the wrong direction with it. The Morrison / Capotelli initiation thing with Dreamer was fine as that was after the winners were announced but other than that I think TE should be entirely its own entity

Well if NXT is anything to go by then I can see Tyler Black winning it before he gets his release like Low Ki.

Tyler Black has a contract, he won't be on Tough Enough.

Sure I read somewhere that along with auditionees from outside WWE they are actually offering developmental talents the chance to audition too.

Archived