UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 THE RESULTS

AJS269

wow, i have been folowing this thread and as a fan of pbw, icw, and bcw i need to argue with alot of what has been said in the top 20, most of the wrestlers that have been voted for hardly work for more that 1 company due to the fact there wrestling ability is poor.

and i dont see noam dars low piont being against the highlander, from what i have seen thereis alot of hate for him, from what i have seen of him he can have some decent matchs he has not been included in the top 20 when guys like DAMIEN O'CONOR,NIKKI STORM,WILLIAM GRANGE,CJ HUNTER are all in the top 20 who wre alot worse are still voted for??

angry highlander or angry highlander trainee?

Or angry highlander trainee on orders from angry highlander?

In total seriousness it doesn't matter, if anyone actually read what was said about Highlander(by me anyway), it was stating his reputation, not his actual ability

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Interesting stuff so far.

Just 6 months ago, when everyone nominated/voted in the 2010 UKFF UK50, the extracted "Scottish" list would look like this:

1 Lionheart

2 Darkside

3 Liam Thomson

4 Kid Fite

5 BT Gunn

6 Scott Renwick

7 Damien O'Connor

8 Noam Dar

9 Red Lightning

10 Wolfgang

Of course, this is manipulated to a certain extent by being a full UK list, so Scottish wrestlers who were also well-established south of the border were also voted on by English fans.

UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 RESULTS

3RD

JAMES "DARKSIDE" SCOTT

73492_449068199774_213500819774_5531462_3802340_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of the Year-Shocking the entire UKFF- In the lead up to ICW Dazed and Confused , Darkside posted on his facebook "R.I.P Darkside", this was interpreted on the UKFF as Darkside announcing his retirement, this rumour was then confirmed by ICW promoter Mark Dallas, and he was almost telling the truth. It wasn't Darkside who turned up at Dazed and Confused , it was James Scott. Under his new name James Scott shocked everyone by saving BT Gunn from a beatdown by the Gold Label after the former's match with Red Lightning. Then turning on Gunn and demanding the title match he was promised when he returned. He got it and regained the ICW title. He then joined the Gold Label and helped in a beatdown on him. This angle was met by anger in some quarters , but it did something amazing, it had the UKFF talking about ICW and James Scott. And it did something rare in this day and age of the internet, genuinely shocked everyone.

Lowlight of the Year- Car Crash - There is no debate upon the Lowlight of the year. On his way home from a concert, Darkside was involved in a Car Crash causing a spinal fracture that could have ended his career. Thankfully it didn't.

Predictions for 2011- James Scott is one of the best wrestlers in Scotland today. Expect big things from him both here and south of the border.

You have a hate for masks? :laugh:

I enjoyed that ICW angle. The crowd went rather apeshit for the unmasking. BT is not my cuppa and I'd have had Kid Fite above him but good placing for him. I'm guessing that leaves Lionheart James Scott and perhaps Liam Thomson?

I knew right away who was under the mask and it took away from the angle immensly. It'd make sense that BT Gunn would be suspicious enough to not let the masked guy out of his sight. But he was an idiot and decided to fully turn his back on a masked guy that he doesn't know.

You still jamp up and down and screamed your socks off though. :laugh:

Loved that moment. I can tell you alot of people had no idea, it was the shock/mixed with joy, then the doublecross for the belt and the turn, then the beatdown. Thats how you make a fine pot o' stew lads :thumbsup:

2nd

LIONHEART

148510_10150126316485620_206968150619_7788020_4682349_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of the Year-PBW and BCW Champion- Lionheart has had a hell of a year, not only rewinning the BCW Heavyweight Championship but retaining the PBW title all year, making him the longest reigning champion in Scottish Wrestling at the moment.

Lowlight of the Year-Coming 2nd in this poll - Lionheart hasn't had a bad match all year,was the highest ranked Scotsman in the UKFF Top 50 and just this past week he was voted the Best British Wrestler of 2010. Yet he hasn't won this time.

Predictions for 2011- With a match-up with Jeff Jarrett at TNA's Glasgow house show on the horizon, its looking like Lionheart will have an interesting and hopefully successful year.

Now before I announce the winner I would like to make a few thankyou's.

To David J Wilson and CallumW for such excellent photos

To Handsome Jam O'Malley and Liane Vandermotten for their contributions and suggestions.

To all the people who voted

And to the trolls who gave me a good chuckle.

Also these are my own personal outlooks of the year- If you want to disagree with them, thats fine.

Match of the Year-Red Lightning vs BT Gunn-ICW Dazed and Confused

Tag Team of the Year- Project RedWolf (Wolfgang and Red Lightning) ICW, BCW

Manager of the Year- Jam O'Malley- SWA

Promotion of the Year- ICW

1st

LIAM THOMSON

26397_384607230619_206968150619_5015848_3729742_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of the Year-UKFF Scottish Wrestler of the Year- Liam Thomson has had fantastic matches all of this year, and is a deserved winner of this survey, beating several fantastic workers on the way.

Lowlight of the Year-Not Winning the Big One - Thomson is a fantastic wrestler and has challenged this year for several titles, yet he ends the year without a Main Event Singles title.

Predictions for 2011- Thomson is a fantastic performer, and will have excellent matches whatever he does.

Archived