UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 THE RESULTS

AJS269

Disagree on the big moves comment. Granted there are alot of high flyers an high impact wrestlers on the scene but there are one or two exceptions

Wolfgang has changed his style to a more WWF 90s style, don't generally see him hit big moves anymore and he make what he does do mean something.

Red LIghtning for the same reason. Any time I have watched him he has relied on his character to get his wrestling across therefore eliminating the need to do any big moves etc. He simply doesn't need to do then as he brings something else to a show, that sort of charisma and character/promo work.

To me as a fan those 2 examples are examples of what drew me to wrestling in the first place, not the high impact moves etc.

And I totally agree that Renfrew is a brawler. But he is the only brawler. This is his niche and he has found it much like the other 2 guys I brought up. I also sensed that mr rocker perhaps has a personal grind with our man Renfrew.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 RESULTS

10TH

ANDY WILD

46614_494299090619_206968150619_6997449_6156160_n.jpg

Credit to CallumW

Highlight of the Year- One of the Stand Out Young Wrestlers - Andy Wild is one of the future stars of Scottish Wrestling. His heel act as Charles Boddington's charge in PBW has put him in a Upper Card feud with Darkside/James Scott and even two main events against PBW champion Lionheart. In ICW where he is a face, he has beaten both Kid Fite and Liam Thomson (with a small assist from Blaze and Rampage) before tearing the roof off against Noam Dar as the final two in the Zero G Championship final. Wild has been fantastic this year.

Lowlight of the Year-Only 10th in the top 20 Wild hasn't had a bad match, is quite over and has been booked. I can't think of a single lowlight all year.

Predictions for 2011- A huge prospect for the future. Expect big things this year, maybe even a title.

Disagree on the big moves comment. Granted there are alot of high flyers an high impact wrestlers on the scene but there are one or two exceptions

Wolfgang has changed his style to a more WWF 90s style, don't generally see him hit big moves anymore and he make what he does do mean something.

Red LIghtning for the same reason. Any time I have watched him he has relied on his character to get his wrestling across therefore eliminating the need to do any big moves etc. He simply doesn't need to do then as he brings something else to a show, that sort of charisma and character/promo work.

To me as a fan those 2 examples are examples of what drew me to wrestling in the first place, not the high impact moves etc.

And I totally agree that Renfrew is a brawler. But he is the only brawler. This is his niche and he has found it much like the other 2 guys I brought up. I also sensed that mr rocker perhaps has a personal grind with our man Renfrew.

I didn't mention high flyers? I mentioned the big moves. Don't have to be flying to be dangerous :)

I agree Wolfgang has changed alot over the years.I hope he will return to the sort of form he had in 2007 and get back into fighting fit shape.

I'd also agree with the fact that Red Lightning is very good at getting his character across, once his wrestling is at the same level of his character work i'm sure he will be a force to be reckoned with in Scottish Wrestling.

Speaking of good characters, One person whom I thought would have made a bigger impact on Scottish Wrestling was Rob Cage.

I wouldn't call someone a shadow of their former self just because they're slightly out of shape. I don't think I've saw wolfgang in a bad match this year, certainly the second half of the year .

You missed my point about lightning completely. He doesn't have to be an astonishing wrestler if he is using other tools to get over with crowds. He can wrestle anyway.

As for rob cage. Haven't seen much of him. Only ICW. he was in that andy wild/ noam far bracket but they've far surpassed him.

I didn't mention high flyers? I mentioned the big moves. Don't have to be flying to be dangerous :)

I agree Wolfgang has changed alot over the years.I hope he will return to the sort of form he had in 2007 and get back into fighting fit shape.

I'd also agree with the fact that Red Lightning is very good at getting his character across, once his wrestling is at the same level of his character work i'm sure he will be a force to be reckoned with in Scottish Wrestling.

Speaking of good characters, One person whom I thought would have made a bigger impact on Scottish Wrestling was Rob Cage.

I'm inclined to agree with this. Wolfgang was once the man when it came to Scottish Wrestling but has let himself go in recent years.

Red lightning is also a decent-ish performer, worthy of a top 10 finish I would say.

Scott Renwick I thought would have placed higher, I guess wearing the SWA title hasn't done him many favours in terms of being able to showcase his skills.

I wouldn't call someone a shadow of their former self just because they're slightly out of shape. I don't think I've saw wolfgang in a bad match this year, certainly the second half of the year .

I was going to make this point myself. Wolfgang has been on something of a tear in the last few months. Certainly reminding people of the guy that won the Scottish triple crown.

As for rob cage. Haven't seen much of him. Only ICW. he was in that andy wild/ noam far bracket but they've far surpassed him.

I think that's unfair on Cage. I haven't seen anything to suggest that Noam Dar or Andy Wild are that much better than him. When Rob Cage starts being put in the matches that they have been put in, I'll maybe pass judgement on that.

You missed my point about lightning completely. He doesn't have to be an astonishing wrestler if he is using other tools to get over with crowds. He can wrestle anyway

Indeed. Red Lightning is absolutely fine as he is.

EDIT: Oh, and LETS GO WILD~~~!!!

UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 RESULTS

9TH

WOLFGANG

76009_10150126319575620_206968150619_7788147_1604204_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of the Year- Heel Turn at ICW Payback- Wolfgang had one of the best Heel turns of the Year, it was also important as it lead to the formation of the Gold Label. He screwed BT Gunn and Chris Renfrew turning on them after faking an injury in one of ICW's most well done pieces of booking. In doing so he united with Lionheart and Red Lightning. The later of which he was BCW Tag Champs with for most of the Year.

Lowlight of the Year- Losing his Aura I didn't follow Scottish wrestling until 2009, so I can't comment personally but whenever I talk about Wolfgang I hear the same thing. He wasn't as good as he was. In 2007/2008 Wolfgang was the man. Becoming the first Triple Crown Scottish Champion and Main Eventing everywhere he went. Whilst he still Main Events, and challenged for the title in SWA and ICW, but he hasn't looked like recapturing the Glory Days any time soon.

Predictions for 2011 Always dependable for a good match, Wolfgang may once again become the icon of Scottish Wrestling he once was. He showed signs of it towards the end of this year. And as always in wrestling, never say never

I was going to make this point myself. Wolfgang has been on something of a tear in the last few months. Certainly reminding people of the guy that won the Scottish triple crown.

I think that's unfair on Cage. I haven't seen anything to suggest that Noam Dar or Andy Wild are that much better than him. When Rob Cage starts being put in the matches that they have been put in, I'll maybe pass judgement on that.

You missed my point about lightning completely. He doesn't have to be an astonishing wrestler if he is using other tools to get over with crowds. He can wrestle anyway

Indeed. Red Lightning is absolutely fine as he is.

EDIT: Oh, and LETS GO WILD~~~!!!

You have some really strange opinions. Insinuating Rob Cage is anywhere near Andy Wild and Noam Darr is silly. Rob cage is shit

I wouldn't call Cage shit. As so many people post on here it's not who can do the most/prettiest moves in rapid succession but who can give you a good entertaining match. When I've seen Cage i've been entertained, especially the Deathmatch shocker.

Insinuating Rob Cage is anywhere near Andy Wild and Noam Darr is silly.

You've completely missed the point I've made. Do you think that Cage could look better if given one on one matches against the likes of BT Gunn, James Scott, Wolfgang and Liam Thomson on a consistant basis?

Rob Cage isn't seen nearly as much up here, and I've not seen anything to suggest that he's any worse. Of course, I've not seen anything to suggest that he's as good either, but that's not relevant to the point I'm making.

Well surely there is a reason he isnt getting those matches or seen much up here? Because he isnt the level of the others.

Just my opinion but he just annoys me and I find him very unentertaining. Sure he's a nice boy though

Well surely there is a reason he isnt getting those matches or seen much up here?

I'm not sure what the reason is considering he HAS been involved in two reasonably high profile singles matches, both of them pretty good, with Lionheart and Wolfgang. It's also worth noting that he won an award for being the best newcomer to the European scene as well.

Fair enough that you think he's shit, but that doesn't make me silly for suggesting otherwise.

Insinuating Rob Cage is anywhere near Andy Wild and Noam Darr is silly.

You've completely missed the point I've made. Do you think that Cage could look better if given one on one matches against the likes of BT Gunn, James Scott, Wolfgang and Liam Thomson on a consistant basis?

Rob Cage isn't seen nearly as much up here, and I've not seen anything to suggest that he's any worse. Of course, I've not seen anything to suggest that he's as good either, but that's not relevant to the point I'm making.

Agreed 100%

Darr and Wild have been fortunate with alot of high profile matches and pushes. Cage however has not had these nearly as much. I'd like to see him have a series of one on one matches so i could rate him better

Archived