UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 THE RESULTS

AJS269

Hey

I have compiled your votes. And the results are in.

We have a top 20 (well 21)

I am going to bed. So I will start later today with the 2 wrestlers in joint 20th.

It will then be one a day except if there is a joint positioning where both wrestlers will be named together.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey

I am going to bed. So I will start later today with the 2 wrestlers in joint 20th.

It will then be one a day except if there is a joint positioning where both wrestlers will be named together.

Have only Scottish fans voted on this ?

Yes. All the voters are all from Scotland (according to their profiles).

Each wrestler will have a basic low-down of highlights and low lights of their year. If anyone wants to volunteer any it would be appreciated.

The first Two (who were Joint 20th) will go up today at midday.

UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 RESULTS

20TH=

CHRIS RENFREW

155290_10150126316410620_206968150619_7788017_7580985_n.jpg

Credit to Mr David J Wilson.

Highlight of the Year- Having one of the feuds of the Year with Lionheart in ICW. Chris Renfrews Persona in ICW has become basically a Buckfast Sandman. Lionheart has always been an athlete and proud of it. You knew these two would clash. And when they did it was explosive. They had three singles matches and though Chris Renfrew lost two of them, he gave Lionheart hell before he did so. The best match was their final clash at ICW Fear and Loathing 3, a brutal last man standing match that I advise you watch if you get the Fear and Loathing DVD.

Lowlight of the Year- Disappearing from SWA Going into 2010 Chris Renfrew looked like he was breaking into the Main Event Scene in SWA, after holding at least one title in the company for most of the last 2 years, he entered a feud with the Paisley Wrecking Machine Adam Shame. I even had him down as a long term challenger to Scott Renwicks title. Then he vanished, completely. He wasn't mentioned or involved with SWA apart from a cameo match with Kid Fite at After Hours in the Classic Grand. He has lost alot of his muscle definition and his wrestling has descended into Chaotic Brawling apart from his devastating Spine Buster.

Predictions for 2011 To be one of ICW's stars and maybe rejoin SWA.

20th=

"TRICKY" DICKIE DIVERS

31964_452485025827_355603250827_6023305_8027660_n.jpg

Credit to Mr David J Wilson

Highlight of the Year- Being one half of the Longest Reigning SWA tag champs Divers is one of the best Tag team wrestlers in Scotland, his foul mouthed Heel persona is well played, and his face persona has been good as well. As one half of the STi (Superior Talent Iniative) with William Grange he has held on to the SWA tag team titles in SWA, and the STI is spreading to ICW next year.

Lowlight of the Year- Being Johnny Moss's bitch William Grange is getting pummeled by the Vigilante Johnny Moss, what kind of self respecting tag team partner doesn't come to save them with a steel chair. Unfortuanely for Divers chairs don't hurt Mossy, they just piss him off. The second chair shot is booted right back at Divers and he is germaned out his boots. It tells you alot about the quality of Divers matches this year that this is the failed interference is the only lowlight I can think of.

Predictions for 2011 Whether face or heel, Tag team or Singles star, expect good matches from the Tricky one.

19th

CARMEL JACOB

44410_422178369774_213500819774_4980632_2045108_n.jpg

Credit to CallumW

Highlight of the year- Beating Nikki Storm at ICW Fear and Loathing 3-Carmel is a natural heel, her bitchy persona, whether as a manger to Liam Thompson or Sara , or as a wrestler. Her alliance with Sara is universal being used in SWA, ICW and even the newly formed Pro-Wrestling EVE (an European all womens promotion). Also universal is her constant feud with Nikki Storm. Both hold victories however at ICW's biggest show, it was Carmel who emerged victorious in a Falls Count Anywhere match.

Lowlight of the Year- Lack of Competition There are 6 Female Scottish Wrestlers, and 3 of them (Carmel, Sara and Nikki Storm) have become regulars in Scottish Wrestling, also Carmel and Sara are better heels, and Nikki is better as a Babyface. On top of this imports are very rare (generally Jetta and once or twice April Davids). This has meant that outside the occasional match with Kay Lee Ray (A talented natural Babyface who is breaking into the scene) most of Carmel's matches have been against Nikki Storm . And you know what they say about too much of a good thing.

Predictions for 2011 To do well both in Scotland , Down South and Europe and maybe even the USA.

19th

CARMEL JACOB

44410_422178369774_213500819774_4980632_2045108_n.jpg

Highlight of the year- Beating Nikki Storm at ICW Fear and Loathing 3-Carmel is a natural heel, her bitchy persona, whether as a manger to Liam Thompson or Sara , or as a wrestler. Her alliance with Sara is universal being used in SWA, ICW and even the newly formed Pro-Wrestling EVE (an English all womens promotion). Also universal is her constant feud with Nikki Storm. Both hold victories however at ICW's biggest show, it was Carmel who erged victorious in a Falls Count Anywhere match.

Lowlight of the Year- Lack of Competition There are 6 Female Scottish Wrestlers, and 3 of them (Carmel, Sara and Nikki Storm) have become regulars in Scottish Wrestling, also Carmel and Sara are better heels, and Nikki is better as a Babyface. On top of this imports are very rare (generally Jetta and once or twice April Davids). This has meant that outside the occasional match with Kay Lee Ray (A talented natural Babyface who is breaking into the scene) most of Carmel's matches have been against Nikki Storm . And you know what they say about too much of a good thing.

Predictions for 2011 To do well both in Scotland , Down South and Europe and maybe even the USA.

Just wondering about a couple of things:

1) Shouldn't Carmel be 18th if you had a tie for 20th? Otherwise you could have a lot more than 20 wrestlers in your top 20.

2) With regards to referring to EVE as an 'English' promotion, is it because our shows thus far have taken place in England? Our shows feature women from all over the UK in addition to Portugal, Germany, Sweden, Greece and more to follow. I've recently been approached by an events promoter based outside the UK with regards to taking shows elsewhere so would we be classed as something else then? I always happen to refer to EVE as European because all EVE shows feature talent from all over plus I will ONLY use talent in Europe (any time you bring in a "name" import they over-shadow the home grown talent and the European female wrestling scene needs to grow by it's own merits in order to be thought of along the same lines as the American, Mexican, Japanese etc). Not having a moan just interested in how people view things such as this.

She was 19th , there was a tie for 20th place, hence I said it was infact a top 21. (which isn't alot more, and anyway, surely I would put the guys as joint 19th if Carmel was 18th)

My apologies for refering to EVE as English rather than European, I was as you suggested, going on the fact that EVE's shows have all been in England (I am planning to go to the two shows in April as a matter of fact) I shall change it right away

• Paid Members
2) With regards to referring to EVE as an 'English' promotion, is it because our shows thus far have taken place in England? Our shows feature women from all over the UK in addition to Portugal, Germany, Sweden, Greece and more to follow. I've recently been approached by an events promoter based outside the UK with regards to taking shows elsewhere so would we be classed as something else then? I always happen to refer to EVE as European because all EVE shows feature talent from all over plus I will ONLY use talent in Europe (any time you bring in a "name" import they over-shadow the home grown talent and the European female wrestling scene needs to grow by it's own merits in order to be thought of along the same lines as the American, Mexican, Japanese etc). Not having a moan just interested in how people view things such as this.

Well yes, I wouldn't refer to IPW:UK as an American promotion if they had US wrestlers competing for them. You run shows in England so you are an English promotion. If you begin to run shows in Europe then you'll still be a predominantly English promotion until you establish yourselves and run regular shows then you would be considered a European promotion.

I'm backing up KJHenley on this. If you only run shows in England, you're an English promotion. 1PW used to get a shitload of stick for referring to themselves as 'Europe's #1 Promotion' when they used to run shows that packed out the Doncaster Dome stacked with US and European talent.

Well yes, I wouldn't refer to IPW:UK as an American promotion if they had US wrestlers competing for them. You run shows in England so you are an English promotion. If you begin to run shows in Europe then you'll still be a predominantly English promotion until you establish yourselves and run regular shows then you would be considered a European promotion.

I'm backing up KJHenley on this. If you only run shows in England, you're an English promotion. 1PW used to get a shitload of stick for referring to themselves as 'Europe's #1 Promotion' when they used to run shows that packed out the Doncaster Dome stacked with US and European talent.

No that's fair enough and I can totally see a justified point with what you're saying, no doubt.

Personally if someone said to me they're an English promotion I'd assume they only use English talent, as opposed to if they say they're 'based in England'. I don't really follow what 1pw do now but when Gauntley was running them I wouldn't refer to them as an English / British promotion as oppose to an indie group based in the UK because of the amount of non UK talent they would use.

All good though, different courses and all that.

I think my point about Carmel being 18 stands though :p

I think my point about Carmel being 18 stands though

Despite the fact 18 wrestlers ranked higher than her?

As I said the reason Divers and Renfrew are 20= is because they had the same number of votes. There were 19 wrestlers above them.

Hey

Archived