UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 THE RESULTS

AJS269

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why say that its a bad thing for falcon to win the womans belt? maybe the reason that he went for that belt is he sees a chance to help the womans division. Or maybe it was what the booker wanted! I know the high point and the low point for falcon last year! high point was getting to wrestler in belgum with alot of awesome guys and there isnt really any low points maybe the pay is never great.

falcon is my brother.

Yeah that was a possible low point, but other than that he was good in the rest of the match. As for why I see the Womens Division as a Low light. Surely it would be better if you had a money in the Bank contract to go for the Main Title. Especially when said holder has the ability and is over enough to Main Event.

Yeah that was a possible low point, but other than that he was good in the rest of the match. As for why I see the Womens Division as a Low light. Surely it would be better if you had a money in the Bank contract to go for the Main Title. Especially when said holder has the ability and is over enough to Main Event.

My post was aimed more at the claim that there was no low point.

Getting a Powerbomb through a fire door. No good can come from that, no matter how you spin it. :thumbsup:

Is it really a low point if he can say that he won a title regardless of what division it's in? If you think about it Falcon hasn't won any other titles in Scottish wrestling over the past year and he does seem to be doing a lot more comedy spots in matches so it did make sense for him to win it because it adds to it.

It was advertised as an NWA UK title tournament match. So therefore I counted it as one.

Not when I wrote it ;)

Anyway... Falcon as Womens Champion is a fun angle. And he likes to have fun, so I'm betting it's a higlight for him.

The list has actually been quite surprising thus far. I'm interested to see the top 5 and how people judge "the top" wrestlers in the country.

Falcon should have been higher in my opinion. Can I ask a silly question, is it top 20 of 2010 or just top 20 in general? (ie the last 5 years or so)

It does kind of, for me Falcon is fantastic. Like you say he has had a quiet year so if it is a 2010 list then that place is about right. But if it were in general then he should have been much higher and just curious how the list was intended. Frankly there can only be about 3 guys who should be number 1 based on either concept, more specifically 1 but about 3 will have a shout.

The 4 way at icw you mention was indeed a cracker and Falcon taking the mentioned powerbomb was quite sick!

But if it were in general then he should have been much higher

Absolutely. And the same can be said for CJ Hunter who will no doubt not have the highest of placings, even though he is probably one of the top 3 guys in Scotland at the moment.

I'd say based on 2010s, a number of guys could place highly. Damien O'Conor might be a shout from SWA even though I haven't seen much from them. Jester has been a hell of a standout on ICW and might gain votes from there. BT Gunn for pretty much anything he does. Lionheart being the steady hand that he is in big matches is a good shout too. I went for Liam Thomson who had yet another stunner of a year, and is unquestionably the #1 guy in Scotland at the moment.

I like talking to you, you're in depth! :)

Here is how I looked at it. I base it on 3 main factors. Who gets me excited when their music hits, who is going to have a great match pretty regardless of who they are wrestling, and who is doing the most for scottish wrestling as a scene. And for me, that narrows it down to pretty much 4 or 5 guys.

Cj Hunter is a great wrestler, clearly has fun and enjoys what he does, and the kids love him, really what is he in scottish wrestling as a whole though? Not a lot. Big in pbw and that's it.

Jack Jester probably has the most "superstar" look in scotland, but aside from big matches in icw, what has he done? Not a lot

The 4 names you mention in your last paragraph are actually 4 of the 5 guys I was referring to and are probably the top 5 in Scotland as a whole.

Damien Oconner ~ Ok, only really seen in swa but a wwe tryout put him well on the map and brought mainstream attention to scottish wrestling.

Bt Gunn ~ Same as Damien Oconner but is probably the most popular on every show in EVERY company in Scotland.

Lionheart ~ he IS scottish wrestling and the leading man in it. Similar to Gunn and Oconner, tna tryout has brought mainstream attention

Liam Thomson ~ All over Scotland, all over the Uk, can make your dead gran look good in a match, all round fantastic

I suppose to be honest it depends on the extent of which you follow it, you might just be a fan of one company thus you judge based on that :)

Archived