UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 THE RESULTS

AJS269

Cj Hunter is a great wrestler, clearly has fun and enjoys what he does, and the kids love him, really what is he in scottish wrestling as a whole though? Not a lot. Big in pbw and that's it.

Indeed, and that's disappointing, as he is clearly absolutely brilliant. Almost every time he steps into the ring you know you're going to see an absolute belter.

Jack Jester probably has the most "superstar" look in scotland, but aside from big matches in icw, what has he done? Not a lot

Had a good close to the year in BCW as well, reaching the last four in the title match and getting a shot at BT Gunn as well in a good 'un. I think he's probably done enough to get recognized.

Bt Gunn ~ Same as Damien Oconner but is probably the most popular on every show in EVERY company in Scotland.

BT Gunn is another one who is amazing any time he gets into the ring. With him being a main part of every show in Scotland these days, I can only assume that he's going to get a good placing.

SWA is the only promotion I haven't seen much of this year. I'd say that guys like Joe Coffey, Dicky Divers and Damien O'Conor probably were worth a vote, but having not seen them, I couldn't sadly.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say the results are different from how I would rank them but I agree with who won. Also to correct someone, Falcon did also win the NOW championship (admittedly they aren't big even in Scottish Terms). I have to admit the Women's Title thing is a bit like Divers lowlight, it was there out of the rest of the year being such high quality , and also I thought Falcon could be a main event champion.

Anyway to Business

UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 RESULTS

15th

NIKKI STORM

74127_107612745971254_100001675877807_54818_4080291_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of the Year- Winning the W3L Womens Championship-To Hold any title is an achivement, Nikki Storm became only the second W3L champion in a tournament, beating Viper in the Final. She also expanded her reputation in the rest of the UK by having a well recieved match in EVE against Sweet Saraya.

Lowlight of the Year- Lack of Competition- As with Carmel , the lack of opposition is a concern , Nikki however in being a face has more potential opponents. She has feuded with Carmel and Sara, (both separately and together) as well as Viper (a heel who is just breaking into the Scottish Scene). She has also faced imports Jetta and April Davids.

Predictions for 2011- Further success in Scotland and the rest of the UK, maybe even Europe or America

My top 5 if I recall was

BT Gunn

Red Lightning

Jack Jester

Lionheart

Wolfgang

much for the same reason as you guys these are the guys who make any show they are on and have proven to be diverse in where they are on a card. Lightning for example can go from opening a show to working a tag to a main event title match in the space of a month and not look out of place anywhere.

13th=

WILLIAM GRANGE

149845_10150126311980620_206968150619_7787847_5024762_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of the Year-GRANGE 4 CHAMP William Grange's ICW persona and campaign has been one of the most over gimmicks of the year. Its even turned him into a babyface (of sorts). Even against the massively over Johnny Moss, "Grange for Champ" rang round the ICW arena.

Lowlight of the Year-Grange vs Red Lightning- Going into ICW Fear and Loathing I was expecting Grange vs Red Lighting to be a potential MOTN. What happened was a few minutes of wrestling. Followed by a Divers interference causing the ref to throw out the match (In ICW?). The angle that followed almost saved it (Wolfgang teasing a face turn before powerbombing Laura and the Gold Label beating down Grange and Divers) but it was still a massive disappointment.

Predictions for 2011- GRANGE 4 CHAMP, GRANGE 4 CHAMP. Grange will probably get his hands on some gold this year. Either as a singles competitor or as part of STi with "Tricky" Dickie Divers.

13th=

CJ HUNTER

61267_470256781809_783351809_6653346_5515209_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of the Year-Tag Wrestling - CJ Hunter is the best Tag Wrestler in Scotland. Hunter has been in 3 tag teams this year. Teaming with Stephen Xavier in SWA, Johnny Starr in PBW as High Energy (Who held the Tag titles for 4 months of this year) and as the newly formed "Innovation Squared" with Joseph Kerr. On top of this, no one I have talked to can name a bad match involving him, and some people had him down as one of the top 5 in this list.

Lowlight of the Year-Only 13th in this list - Hunter is an experienced wrestler (he is one of the only a handful of wrestlers who were in the first SWA show active today), he is also highly respected by the fans on this board. However he didn't even make the top ten on this list. Also he hasn't held a singles title all year. He seems like Falcon to be stuck in the Midcard. Some say this is due to his size, but whatever the reason he can't seem to catch a break.

Predictions for 2011- To keep putting on great matches, and who knows, he may even catch a break.

Chris Renfrew isn't as good as he used to be admittedly, but he's still a decent brawler. Certainly hasn't done much wrong in ICW this year and had one cracker with Lionheart.

Davey Blaze has been really good though. Had a cracker with Kid Fite which was a real eye opener and then went onto have some good tag matches at the tail end of the year. Love his intensity and think he's a real one to watch.

Lowlight of the Year-Grange vs Red Lightning- Going into ICW Fear and Loathing I was expecting Grange vs Red Lighting to be a potential MOTN. What happened was a few minutes of wrestling. Followed by a Divers interference causing the ref to throw out the match (In ICW?). The angle that followed almost saved it (Wolfgang teasing a face turn before powerbombing Laura and the Gold Label beating down Grange and Divers) but it was still a massive disappointment.

But what you described there was hardly the fault of anybody involved in it. that was the way it was booked, and i never expected them to have a MOTN given the stacked card that night.

I have no doubts in my mind though that STI vs Gold Label/RedWolf will tear it down as it looks like we will be given a full match as a follow on from the angle, and these 2 teams had a belter in BCW about a year ago.

Eric Canyon, Adam Shame, Falcon, Glen Dunbar, CJ Hunter, William Grange & Joseph Kerr all competed on the SWA's inaugural show and are still active. You could even throw in GC Mac,Grant Dunbar & Conscience, although they haven't been quite as active in the past year.

16th

FALCON

59226_494295545619_206968150619_6997307_5035655_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of the Year- Tournaments- Falcon is the only wrestler to beat two wrestlers in the NWA UK championship tournament being held in SWA (which will end at the Gathering) Beating Joe Coffey and Steven Xavier (who replaced Fergal Devitt, which is a shame cause that woulda been a hell of a match). He has also reached the final of the ICW Zero G Championship.And won the NOW championship in a tournament, beating Damien O'Conor.

Lowlight of the Year- Winning the SSW Womens Championship-- Yes you heard me. Falcon won a money in the bank contract in SSW and used it, not to win the main event title , but instead to get a title he isn't even eligible for. Facepalm.

Predictions for 2011- Falcon will always have great matches, permanently entertaining, he may even win a title if he's lucky.

that tattoo has to be his low point of some year

Archived