UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 THE RESULTS

AJS269

NOTE- As some of you will remember, a certain member of this forum eluded to the fact that some trainers may threaten their trainees to vote them top of this list. Now considering the this member works for two of the three trainers based in Central Scotland. One can assume he was implying this towards the training staff of SWA's Area 52.In particular the head trainer Damien O'Conor. There are two points I would like to make: 1-Damo did infact vote in this poll, and (though he may not have known it) cost himself 2 positions in doing so. And two, well look below.

UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 RESULTS

12th

DAMIEN O'CONOR

15330_392092355339_500925339_3913995_3819457_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of the Year- Winning the W3L Interim Heavyweight Championship and Headlining Wrestlution IV-- Going into 2010 Irishman Damien O'Conor has never held a Main Event Title however when Darkside was injured earlier this year, Damo took his chance and became Interim W3L Heavyweight Champion.He the faced the returning Darkside (Now known as James Scott) at W3L's biggest event Wrestlution to Unify the Interim and Heavyweight Title's and though he was not successful he did take Scott all the way.

Lowlight of the Year- Screwed out of the SWA Laird of the Ring Title O'Conor faced Red Lighting for the Laird of the Ring belt, and almost retained it. That was until the referee (and Damo's regular manager in NXT/Source) "Handsome" Jam O'Malley screwed Damo, costing him the Laird of the Ring Belt, and act which so far, Damo has not paid O'Malley back.

Predictions for 2011 Expect good matches from O'Conor, maybe even a title run in SWA or W3L.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UKFF SCOTTISH TOP 20 RESULTS

11th

SCOTT "THE BUTCHER" RENWICK

155356_10150135716960828_355603250827_7998989_5079617_n.jpg

Credit to David J Wilson

Highlight of the Year- Retaining the NWA Scottish Heavyweight Championship for all of 2010- Scott Renwick is the longest reigning NWA Scottish Champion since the titles inception in 2004. The Butcher has defeated several wrestlers on the way including Lionheart, Wolfgang and Liam Thompson, and left 2010 as he started it. NWA Scottish Heavyweight Champion and has evolved this year, his in ring performances have been stellar, and he looks like he deserves his title reign.

Lowlight of the Year- Parts of his reign as NWA Scottish Heavyweight Championship- For a face champion Scott Renwick's win to title match ratio is very low and out of the title matches he has had, one had a screw job finish before the match was restarted, one turned into a tag match (which Renwick's team lost) and in another a bizarre turn of events occurred when a heel guest referee gave him the pin after deliberately doing slow counts or even refusing to count the pin for most of the match. On top of this another two of the title matches ended in no contests meaning that less than half of Butchers matches have finished with him winning cleanly in SWA. Considering he is their champion, is very strange. Whilst Renwick can't be blamed for the booking and his in-ring performances have been impressive, Butchers title reign has been as good as I originally thought it would be.

Predictions for 2011- Heading into the 4th Gathering this February (which originally was meant to be in September 2010) Butcher is about to headline one of Scotland's biggest shows in a cage match. I can't see anyone taking the title of him any-time soon.

So we head into the top 10.

To Count it Down so far.

20th= "Tricky" Dickie Divers and Chris Renfrew

19th- Carmel Jacob

18th- Davey Blaze

17th- Joe Coffee

16th- Falcon

15th- Nikki Storm

13th= CJ Hunter and William Grange

12th- Damien O'Conor

11th- Scott "The Butcher" Renwick

and the remaining ten I can reveal (in alphabetical order) are :-

Andy Wild

BT Gunn

Darkside/James Scott

Jack Jester

Kid Fite

Liam Thomson

Lionheart

Noam Dar

Red Lightning

and Wolfgang

I think its a shame that you have shown the top 10 already, I was looking forward to a countdown in the same way you have done it so far. I have been very interested in this list and its took the shine off a bit for me, good work so far though so its more of a gripe than me being particularly negative

I think its a shame that you have shown the top 10 already, I was looking forward to a countdown in the same way you have done it so far. I have been very interested in this list and its took the shine off a bit for me, good work so far though so its more of a gripe than me being particularly negative

Personally I feel it makes it more exciting with the added speculation of where the people mentioned will place.

I was hoping to be in the top 10 :( oh well maybe next time :)

You're a funny man, I liked that joke you made there!

He's actually a wrestler? I thought he was just winding me up!

If he's who I think he is then yes RJ Impact is a wrestler or was.

Chris Renfrew isn't as good as he used to be admittedly, but he's still a decent brawler. Certainly hasn't done much wrong in ICW this year and had one cracker with Lionheart.

Davey Blaze has been really good though. Had a cracker with Kid Fite which was a real eye opener and then went onto have some good tag matches at the tail end of the year. Love his intensity and think he's a real one to watch.

he does have an intensity about him i guess but hes just not impressed me at all and ive seen him wrestle quite a few times now.

problem with renfrew is that all he can do is brawl, and that a good wrestler does not make.

problem with renfrew is that all he can do is brawl, and that a good wrestler does not make.

It's not all he can do though. Has had good matches ( not brawls ) with Micken, Eric Canyon, BT Gunn, Damien O'Conor, Darren Lewis and more than I'm probably forgetting.

Just because it's all he does now, doesn't mean it's all that he can do.

Chris Renfrew isn't as good as he used to be admittedly, but he's still a decent brawler. Certainly hasn't done much wrong in ICW this year and had one cracker with Lionheart.

Davey Blaze has been really good though. Had a cracker with Kid Fite which was a real eye opener and then went onto have some good tag matches at the tail end of the year. Love his intensity and think he's a real one to watch.

he does have an intensity about him i guess but hes just not impressed me at all and ive seen him wrestle quite a few times now.

Sounds more like a personal problem with Renfrew than anything else.

It's quite clear the man can wrestle when he wants too, but why would he want too when he delivers such a good brawling style?

look at the likes of Stan Hansen, Bruiser Brody..all could wrestle but far better in a brawling environment.

The problem with Scottish Wrestling is everyone wrestles the exact same, same big dangerous moves. Someone with a different style is a welcome addition in my eyes.

Archived