smackdown spoilers

xear

nodq.com

Dark Match:

Percy Watson of NXT Season 2 pinned Curtis Hawkins.

Smackdown (Airing Friday)

The show opens with Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero talking about last week's match against John Cena. Kofi Kingston comes out as does Jack Swagger. They both want a rematch from TLC. A fight breaks out and Teddy Long announces a triple threat for the Intercontinental Title later tonight.

Big Show beat Cody Rhodes by count out when Cody walked out.

Drew McIntyre beat Trent Baretta after the referee stopped the match when Trent missed a dive. After the match, Drew hit his DDT finisher on Trent on the floor.

Edge and Rey Mysterio beat Kane and Alberto Del Rio. Mysterio hit Del Rio with a 619 and Edge pinned him after a spear for the win.

WWE Divas champion Natalya & Beth Phoenix beat LayCool when Beth pinned McCool with the Glam Slam.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Rey Mysterio in a 2 of 3 Falls Match is also announced for the first SmackDown of 2011.

Dolph Ziggler beat Kofi Kingston and Jack Swagger in a triple threat. Dolph rolled Kofi up after he hit Trouble in Paradise on Swagger.

It was announced that the first SmackDown of 2011 will be main evented by Edge vs. Kane in a Last Man Standing match.

They made references to Teddy Long's New Years Eve party so those may appear as backstage segments.

After tonight's SmackDown tapings ended, Dolph Ziggler and Vickie Guerrero came out wearing jingle bells to do a New Year's singalong in the ring. Rey Mysterio interrupted with a 619 then Big Show came out with a chokeslam for Ziggler. Edge then came out and speared Ziggler. Big Show sung goodbye to Vickie and wished everyone a belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. The babyfaces beat up on Ziggler some more to end the show.

Next week

Rey Mysterio vs. Alberto Del Rio in a 2 of 3 Falls Match and Kane vs. Edge in a Last Man Standing match are booked for WWE's first Friday Night SmackDown of 2011 on January 7th.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*bangs head against wall*

Care to elaborate. Dosen't seem too bad, though I admit a lot of it is building interest for the following week's smackdown.

Things I like:

- Ziggler continues to shine. Just saw his efforts vs Cena and personally I though he looked awesome.

- Drew McIntyre is being portrayed as being quite the sadist. Nice touch.

- Genuine fueds and rivalries.

Things I don't like:

- Those fueds are starting to get a little long in the teeth. Havn't we already had the blow off to Alberto Del Rio vs. Misterio when he returned from injury?

- The roster looks a little thin when you scan the results.

SmackDown really needs freshed up. They should promote Hawkins and Barreta full time. Get in some NXT guys and maybe someone like Wade Barrett from Raw would help too.

I do enjoy SmackDown though and glad to see Ziggler and McIntyre continuing to shine.

• Paid Members

Oh dear. The worst part about Smackdown is they actually have a decent sized roster but reading the results week after week you couldn't tell. When I think about possible feuds for Smackdown, I believe that everyone has feuded with everyone else apart from maybe Alberto Del Rio and he's only been there about a month or so. I'd rather take Raw's unfunny bullshit every segment or so than have to sit through this bland, by-the-numbers booking week in week out.

Smackdown's been booked by Pityinthecity's Random Computer Theory for about two years now. It crashes every now and then when you get oddities such as the Edge brand swap or the Del Rio debut, but other than that, it's all just a merry-go-round. When you stop to think about it in comparison to say, Eastenders, Smackdown's a staggeringly dull show. If Stacy and Bradley had identical conversations literally every week for two years, sharing the last word alternate weeks and with Max occasionally dipping in and out for a chat, it would be off the air by now.

Although, he's so fucking protected, I wouldn't bet against Rey Mysterio winning on Eastenders too. That little cunt's worse than mid-decade Triple H these days.

• Paid Members
Although, he's so fucking protected, I wouldn't bet against Rey Mysterio winning on Eastenders too. That little cunt's worse than mid-decade Triple H these days.

At least Triple H isn't booked as an underdog like Rey is. It's impossible for him to put anyone over as if they beat him, he's just the underdog and the opponent is the bigger, stronger bully. Where as if he wins, the opponent looks like an idiot who couldn't even beat the underdog. Say what you want about Cena, Triple H and others but I'd argue that none of them have been as big a cunt as Rey has. Trips did a good job putting over Sheamus this year and Legacy in the brief DX feud and, although the storyline was ultimately botched up, Cena did lay down for people like Barrett and Gabriel this year and Sheamus last year. I can't remember the last time Rey put someone over. It would've been Alberto but Rey returned to rectify that mistake didn't he?

Archived