SOUTHSIDE present - TWO SHOWS IN ONE DAY - 10th Oct - SHEFFIELD

Southside crew

• Paid Members

SOUTHSIDE WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT

present

notorious.png

27TH MAY 2012 - DOORS 4.45 - SHOW 5.30

reneup.jpg

We really are trying to deliver the very best shows you can see in the UK today and this time we have delivered former WWE star Rene Dupree , the youngest man to ever win a belt in WWE. Also TNA star Doug Williams is back in Southside. One of the most successful ever Brits winning various belts in TNA as well as wrestling for ROH and in Japan. Joining him is fellow TNA star Mark Haskins who will take on ITV's Take me out star Marty Scurll in Marty's first defense of the brand new Speed King belt. also we will have our very first 6 man match to crown a Money in the bank winner.

boneramp.jpg

SOUTHSIDE TITLE MATCH

T-BONE

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Im looking forward to tommorow, it will be my first Southside show so Im hoping to find another promotion I can follow and enjoy here in the UK.

The card looks cracking its a good mix of talent I am familiar with and some new faces that I am eager to see. Im quite looking forward to seeing Jonny Storm, I used to be mad for him as a kid and haven't seen him wrestle for YEARS. That personal excitement aside, Haskins vs Marty, a MITB match!? Doug Williams...etc etc. Not too bothered about Dupree but Brilliant stuff.

Booooooooooooo.

I am really looking forward to this show now, not to rub it in or anything.

Scurll vs Haskins should be MOTN. It's been a long time coming for me as I loved The Thrillers vs The LDR's feud and I was really surprised they never had a match together in Sittingbourne instead of the smaller Kent shows. So on a bigger scale with a belt on the line, I think these two are going to go all out to steal the show. Marty is my favourite wrestler to watch right now and Haskins has been fantastic so far this year. He really should be eligible for the UKFF 50. I know my expectations are high and that may have hurt my feelings on PAC/Haskins, but I believe these two have an amazing match in them.

I'm also looking forward to T-Bone vs Brown. I can see why the WWE signed Brown as he's got a great look, fantastic aura about him and he's a really great heavyweight wrestler to boot. I am kinda glad Brown made the choice to come back to England as he could be one of the biggest stars in England if not Europe. T-Bone has come on leaps and bounds since he first started breaking out in the UK scene and has had some great heavyweight encounters so this match could be something special.

Ligero/Dragon should be heated. Very heated. I've already seen Ligero in some crazy brawls and I think this is the type of match that warrants a fair bit of hatred. Travis/Stixx is yet another good looking singles match between two wrestlers who have improved tremendously since the first time I ever saw them live. And also another match that should have it's fair share of hate.

That's another thing. For the most part each match on this show has a back history and has been built up really well. Ligero/Dragon is a feud that has been building for quite some time and I don't even see this as a blow off. Rampage challenging for the belt was set up at the last show. Stixx/Trav was also set up at the last show. Manson vs Predators also has a story behind it. And even matches that don't have a so much of a Southside history such as Scurll/Haskins and the MITB are going to be great wrestling matches. Plus who doesn't wanna see an ex-WWE name smash the Spud?

Really good show tonight. St Neots is a great little town, very easy to get down too as right off the A1. Venue is directly next to a lake (no belt hijinx unfortunately on this occasion so it is a really lovely area and I could see myself coming down for a show again.

Ligero/Dragon opened the show as Dragon interrupted Dale's intro. Pretty much as soon as the match (read: fight) began they brawled around the outside and got counted out. That didn't stop them as they continued to brawl around ringside, Dragon got back-dropped on the stage entrance and then they topped it all off by both men falling off a propped up ladder through a free table. Both ended up having to be carried to the back. Very heated, but very quick, showing there's a LOT more to come.

Stixx and Travis had a great match. They continued the hate levels from the previous match as Trav really laid into Stixx. Some great moments with Trav diving outside the ring onto Stixx, Stixx had Trav flying face down onto the ring apron after catching a kick, Trav reversed a crucifix powerbomb attempt into a hurricanrana. Ultimately it was interference from The Predators that cost Trav the match and Stixx finally managed to hit that crucifix powerbomb for the win.

Before the Speed King Title defence could happen, Scurll attempted to call out Rockstar Spud to air out their differences. Instead Haskins came out, annoyed that he was being overlooked by Marty. But just as they were about to begin the match, Bon Jovi began to play. However it turned out to be Rockstar Harry and after much shenanigans, Rockstar Harry pinned the ref as Scurll and Haskins counted.

The Speed King match did turn out to be very good in the end. Both hit dives to the outside on the other. Both hit the sub-finishers on the other to very close near-falls such as The Graduation and Haskins variation of the There It Is driver. Some really great strikes and counters as each really had to battle the other to press the advantage. In the end Scurll retained with his torture rack knees into the back big match finisher. Very good work rate match, even if the crowd was a little bit flat. These two have got an amazing match together in them somewhere.

I really did enjoy the tag match. Manson was on brilliant form tonight, clearly loving the opportunity to team with Doug. Doug himself had to try hard to keep the smile off his face as he was genuinely grinning at some points. The Predators are a great heel tag team and they really do their jobs well in the ring in order to get and maintain heat as well as keep the match entertaining. As far as enjoyment goes, this was the match that delivered in spades, but then I feel that you always get that with Manson. The Manson/Williams odd couple ending up as victors when Kris Travis cost them the match as revenge for earlier.

MITB match was a lot of fun. Pretty much non-stop action from the word go. Everyone in the match had their opportunity to shine. Max Angelus really is going to be a break out star this year and winning this match could be the start of that. Robbie X continues to improve. Nathan Cruz is a fantastic heel and could end up being one of England's best. Kirby currently is one of England's best IMO. Gresham has been fantastic over these past few months and Storm still can go. Really happy Angelus took the briefcase as I'd be happy to see him vs Scurll for the SK, or even if he wanted to go after the heavyweight belt he's got the look and size to go for it.

I'll be honest, after five good to really good matches, the main event was the weakest part of the show. I can understand Dupree being added to the heavyweight Title match if Spud wasn't there (yeah I was irked by that in all honesty). I can kinda understand Dupree winning the belt even if I don't understand the upside in all honesty. But the fact that the three-way lasted little more than ten minutes and never really anywhere absolutely sucked since I was really looking forward to Brown vs T-Bone. But the match was average at best and fell into the pit-falls of all three ways. For it's short time it didn't really feel like it left first gear either.

Good show on the whole and I will go down to Cambridge again if the card is as strong as this one was.

Rene Dupree is new Southside heavyweight champion , just to put some minds to rest - Ren is here on a very long Visa and intends to beat all challengers !

Good to hear Dupree's sticking around. He was over here for most of 2008 with All Star so it'll be nice to see what he cane do in other promotions too. He's off to a ood start.

Really good show tonight. St Neots is a great little town, very easy to get down too as right off the A1. Venue is directly next to a lake (no belt hijinx unfortunately on this occasion so it is a really lovely area and I could see myself coming down for a show again.

Ligero/Dragon opened the show as Dragon interrupted Dale's intro. Pretty much as soon as the match (read: fight) began they brawled around the outside and got counted out. That didn't stop them as they continued to brawl around ringside, Dragon got back-dropped on the stage entrance and then they topped it all off by both men falling off a propped up ladder through a free table. Both ended up having to be carried to the back. Very heated, but very quick, showing there's a LOT more to come.

Stixx and Travis had a great match. They continued the hate levels from the previous match as Trav really laid into Stixx. Some great moments with Trav diving outside the ring onto Stixx, Stixx had Trav flying face down onto the ring apron after catching a kick, Trav reversed a crucifix powerbomb attempt into a hurricanrana. Ultimately it was interference from The Predators that cost Trav the match and Stixx finally managed to hit that crucifix powerbomb for the win.

Before the Speed King Title defence could happen, Scurll attempted to call out Rockstar Spud to air out their differences. Instead Haskins came out, annoyed that he was being overlooked by Marty. But just as they were about to begin the match, Bon Jovi began to play. However it turned out to be Rockstar Harry and after much shenanigans, Rockstar Harry pinned the ref as Scurll and Haskins counted.

The Speed King match did turn out to be very good in the end. Both hit dives to the outside on the other. Both hit the sub-finishers on the other to very close near-falls such as The Graduation and Haskins variation of the There It Is driver. Some really great strikes and counters as each really had to battle the other to press the advantage. In the end Scurll retained with his torture rack knees into the back big match finisher. Very good work rate match, even if the crowd was a little bit flat. These two have got an amazing match together in them somewhere.

I really did enjoy the tag match. Manson was on brilliant form tonight, clearly loving the opportunity to team with Doug. Doug himself had to try hard to keep the smile off his face as he was genuinely grinning at some points. The Predators are a great heel tag team and they really do their jobs well in the ring in order to get and maintain heat as well as keep the match entertaining. As far as enjoyment goes, this was the match that delivered in spades, but then I feel that you always get that with Manson. The Manson/Williams odd couple ending up as victors when Kris Travis cost them the match as revenge for earlier.

MITB match was a lot of fun. Pretty much non-stop action from the word go. Everyone in the match had their opportunity to shine. Max Angelus really is going to be a break out star this year and winning this match could be the start of that. Robbie X continues to improve. Nathan Cruz is a fantastic heel and could end up being one of England's best. Kirby currently is one of England's best IMO. Gresham has been fantastic over these past few months and Storm still can go. Really happy Angelus took the briefcase as I'd be happy to see him vs Scurll for the SK, or even if he wanted to go after the heavyweight belt he's got the look and size to go for it.

I'll be honest, after five good to really good matches, the main event was the weakest part of the show. I can understand Dupree being added to the heavyweight Title match if Spud wasn't there (yeah I was irked by that in all honesty). I can kinda understand Dupree winning the belt even if I don't understand the upside in all honesty. But the fact that the three-way lasted little more than ten minutes and never really anywhere absolutely sucked since I was really looking forward to Brown vs T-Bone. But the match was average at best and fell into the pit-falls of all three ways. For it's short time it didn't really feel like it left first gear either.

Good show on the whole and I will go down to Cambridge again if the card is as strong as this one was.

Pretty much agreeing with this write up, the main event to me was still okay but it didn't quite hit the mark the same way the rest of the card had done - that said the result was a shock so still had something great about it. I'm glad to hear though that Dupree is going to be around for some time so could see some decent match ups in the near future. With The Juice and Davey Richards lined up the Huntingdon show is looking pretty good already.

Yeah I can see that Huntingdon show in August end up sold out as they'll have Davey Richards, Juventud Guerrera (and after his match against Haskins last year he did show he can still go even with all his past history) and a certain Irish fella who loves to fight..... I'm hoping for Davey vs Scurll. I would say Stixx vs that Irish guy, but I am intrigued as to what a match against Zack Sabre Jr could look like.... You'd have some intense mat wrestling and Zack can take a beating and deal a kicking out himself....

Archived