SOUTHSIDE present - TWO SHOWS IN ONE DAY - 10th Oct - SHEFFIELD

Southside crew

• Paid Members
Really good show tonight. St Neots is a great little town, very easy to get down too as right off the A1. Venue is directly next to a lake (no belt hijinx unfortunately on this occasion so it is a really lovely area and I could see myself coming down for a show again.

Ligero/Dragon opened the show as Dragon interrupted Dale's intro. Pretty much as soon as the match (read: fight) began they brawled around the outside and got counted out. That didn't stop them as they continued to brawl around ringside, Dragon got back-dropped on the stage entrance and then they topped it all off by both men falling off a propped up ladder through a free table. Both ended up having to be carried to the back. Very heated, but very quick, showing there's a LOT more to come.

Stixx and Travis had a great match. They continued the hate levels from the previous match as Trav really laid into Stixx. Some great moments with Trav diving outside the ring onto Stixx, Stixx had Trav flying face down onto the ring apron after catching a kick, Trav reversed a crucifix powerbomb attempt into a hurricanrana. Ultimately it was interference from The Predators that cost Trav the match and Stixx finally managed to hit that crucifix powerbomb for the win.

Before the Speed King Title defence could happen, Scurll attempted to call out Rockstar Spud to air out their differences. Instead Haskins came out, annoyed that he was being overlooked by Marty. But just as they were about to begin the match, Bon Jovi began to play. However it turned out to be Rockstar Harry and after much shenanigans, Rockstar Harry pinned the ref as Scurll and Haskins counted.

The Speed King match did turn out to be very good in the end. Both hit dives to the outside on the other. Both hit the sub-finishers on the other to very close near-falls such as The Graduation and Haskins variation of the There It Is driver. Some really great strikes and counters as each really had to battle the other to press the advantage. In the end Scurll retained with his torture rack knees into the back big match finisher. Very good work rate match, even if the crowd was a little bit flat. These two have got an amazing match together in them somewhere.

I really did enjoy the tag match. Manson was on brilliant form tonight, clearly loving the opportunity to team with Doug. Doug himself had to try hard to keep the smile off his face as he was genuinely grinning at some points. The Predators are a great heel tag team and they really do their jobs well in the ring in order to get and maintain heat as well as keep the match entertaining. As far as enjoyment goes, this was the match that delivered in spades, but then I feel that you always get that with Manson. The Manson/Williams odd couple ending up as victors when Kris Travis cost them the match as revenge for earlier.

MITB match was a lot of fun. Pretty much non-stop action from the word go. Everyone in the match had their opportunity to shine. Max Angelus really is going to be a break out star this year and winning this match could be the start of that. Robbie X continues to improve. Nathan Cruz is a fantastic heel and could end up being one of England's best. Kirby currently is one of England's best IMO. Gresham has been fantastic over these past few months and Storm still can go. Really happy Angelus took the briefcase as I'd be happy to see him vs Scurll for the SK, or even if he wanted to go after the heavyweight belt he's got the look and size to go for it.

I'll be honest, after five good to really good matches, the main event was the weakest part of the show. I can understand Dupree being added to the heavyweight Title match if Spud wasn't there (yeah I was irked by that in all honesty). I can kinda understand Dupree winning the belt even if I don't understand the upside in all honesty. But the fact that the three-way lasted little more than ten minutes and never really anywhere absolutely sucked since I was really looking forward to Brown vs T-Bone. But the match was average at best and fell into the pit-falls of all three ways. For it's short time it didn't really feel like it left first gear either.

Good show on the whole and I will go down to Cambridge again if the card is as strong as this one was.

Pretty much agreeing with this write up, the main event to me was still okay but it didn't quite hit the mark the same way the rest of the card had done - that said the result was a shock so still had something great about it. I'm glad to hear though that Dupree is going to be around for some time so could see some decent match ups in the near future. With The Juice and Davey Richards lined up the Huntingdon show is looking pretty good already.

Trust me Huningdon will 100% sell out before show day , has sold out both times we have been there with out a huge star. I'm not gonna bullshit we have sold out both times as the venue only holds 180 however we can run the bar there which helps :;

All I can say is either trust us early or miss out but the way we have always delivered should deserverve some faith :D

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
That seems fair enough, he should get the same as the import.

I don't think he should he hasn't flown over or as well known as Dupree

I am never going to mention wages but at the end of the day Dupree has won gold in WWE so he brings with him something special :D

He would have main evented with dupree and hes there every month. He deserves to be well paid even if he is a midget with a dodgy haircut.

He shouldn't of main evented in the first place as his match wasn't a title match. And plenty of other guys show up every show and do better then spud does even if I do agree that he is a midget with a dodgy haircut :laugh:

• Paid Members

Will post full write up later but can confirm that Rene is new Southside heavyweight champion. Please also note that Rene has a long visa in case anybody is thinking this is going to be a short title reign.

There are some pictures of Rene winning the belt on our facebook page and also KOTDM has some awesome pics !

• Paid Members

SOUTHSIDE WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT

present

RETRIBUTION 3

18th AUGUST 2012 - DOORS 6.15pm - SHOW 7.00pmCOMMORATION HALL , HUNTINGDON , CAMBS

Join us for our 3rd visit to Huntingdon where we have sold out the last 2 shows , this time we bring with us our biggest show down south to date featuring -

FORMER ROH CHAMPION / BEST IN THE WORLDDAVEY RICHARDSFORMER WWE / TNA / WCW / ECW STARJUVI GUERREROSCOTLANDS NO 1LIONHEART

TICKETSFront Row - 15 poundsSecond Row - 12 poundsGeneral Seating - 10 poundsFamily ticket (4) - 30 poundsavailable at www.southsidewrestling.co.uk

Tickets on sale now - please note this venue sold out 2 days before last show without any huge imports so don't miss out !

Archived