New Japan Wrestle Kingdom V Card - 4 Jan 2011

Sixteen Degrees

Here is the card for New Japans Wrestle Kingdom V show at the Tokyo DOme that takes place on 4th January.

0. World Pro Wrestling Inter-Promotional Match: Wataru Inoue, Tiger Mask, Tomoaki Honma & Tama Tonga vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Tomohiro Ishii, Jado & Gedo

0. World Pro Wrestling Invitation Match: Koji Kanemoto & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kenny Omega & Taichi

1. IWGP Tag Team Title, 3 Way Match: Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson © vs. James Storm & Robert Roode vs. Manabu Nakanishi & Strong Man

2. ROAD TO FANTASTICAMANIA: Jushin Thunder Liger & H

Bit of a disjointed card for me in places. Wrestle Kingdom is always fun to watch simply because of the spectacle of it all but I can see a couple of these matches dissapointing. They load these cards up and as such alot of the matches dont get enough time and some of them are just plain bad anyway. Certainly an interesting card tho and i'll be buying it when I can

The involvment of TNA talent on this event has got me interested in seeing how this goes.

• Paid Members

Tenay may be cack in TNA, but i loved him as "the professor" in WCW, namely as we had all the japanese/mexican guys, and he knew everything there was to know about them.

Dont get me wrong, in tna hes cack like, but when hes got something to talk about, he knows his stuff.

• Paid Members

I loved it a few years back when Nash and Angle went over to New Japan and teamed with Choshu and Chono. All of them arrived in a fuck off hummer limo and wearing suits. They were both doing a similar gimmick at the time, and it was very much like nWo Japan, only more mature and business like. I thought it was a nice touch that when they arrived they hugged, expect Nash and Chono who did the Wolfpac sign. Masahiro Chono still remains the hardest and coolest looking person in the history of Wrestling, MMA or boxing.

Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKhnGdcHOzs...feature=related

Main Event Mafia>Immortal

I loved it a few years back when Nash and Angle went over to New Japan and teamed with Choshu and Chono. All of them arrived in a fuck off hummer limo and wearing suits. They were both doing a similar gimmick at the time, and it was very much like nWo Japan, only more mature and business like. I thought it was a nice touch that when they arrived they hugged, expect Nash and Chono who did the Wolfpac sign. Masahiro Chono still remains the hardest and coolest looking person in the history of Wrestling, MMA or boxing.

Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKhnGdcHOzs...feature=related

Main Event Mafia>Immortal

Pity the match was horrendous dogshit tho

What a mix :duh:

0. World Pro Wrestling Inter-Promotional Match: Wataru Inoue, Tiger Mask, Tomoaki Honma & Tama Tonga vs. Yujiro Takahashi, Tomohiro Ishii, Jado & Gedo

0. World Pro Wrestling Invitation Match: Koji Kanemoto & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Kenny Omega & Taichi

Filler, probably get less than 20 minutes between them.

1. IWGP Tag Team Title, 3 Way Match: Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson

I'm looking forward to Nagata/Suzuki, Devitt/Ibushi IV, NJPW vs NOAH Tag (c'mon we all know who's doing the job in that one, I would ordinarily say I hope this builds up to Goto challenging Sugiura for the GHC again but seen as he lost the first three matches, I'd advise Goto to leave Sugiura be), Nakamura/Shiozaki III & Kojima vs Tanahashi II.

The first Makabe/Tanaka match was alright. Naito's good and a future star, but I don't know how good his match against Hardy's gonna be. Yano/RVD will be flat out bad. And the rest if the typical Jan 4th undercard filler.

But there are five matches there with a lot of potential.

Archived