The Coronation Street thread

Dashing

Won't be as scary as that plane crashing onto Emmerdale Farm. That was the stuff of nightmares years ago.

That was quite tasteless too. It happened right around the time of the Lockerbie anniversary.

To hell with that. The Rovers fire in 86 was worse...if only for seeing Bet Lynch in her nightgear!

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm not big on Corrie history, I only watch it because the girl insists I watch it with her, in return she endures Wrestling, not a bad deal really.

I call Molly to die but baby Jack to survive, and as she's on her way out the ghosts of Jack and Vera come back to taunt her.

Stapey is turning heel this week, to fill the main event pantomime villain slot left vacant for several months since Tony Gordon's death. Previous plans to see Nicky Platt fill this role have been put on ice after disappointing crowd reactions, and it's thought Stape is considered a 'safe hand' after his previous experience in the Rosie Webster shagging

Yes, a murderous, teen-kidnapping paedophile is usually a good call for a heel turn. Speaking of heel turns, who else really hates Ashley's Mrs? She's gone from adorable weirdo that stole Ashley's heart, to the kind of unreasonable nagging shrew that you'd love to put in a room with Stan Collymore.

If she makes it through this week without chewing on the hard end of a tram, I want my money back.

Stapey is turning heel this week, to fill the main event pantomime villain slot left vacant for several months since Tony Gordon's death. Previous plans to see Nicky Platt fill this role have been put on ice after disappointing crowd reactions, and it's thought Stape is considered a 'safe hand' after his previous experience in the Rosie Webster shagging

Yes, a murderous, teen-kidnapping paedophile is usually a good call for a heel turn. Speaking of heel turns, who else really hates Ashley's Mrs? She's gone from adorable weirdo that stole Ashley's heart, to the kind of unreasonable nagging shrew that you'd love to put in a room with Stan Collymore.

If she makes it through this week without chewing on the hard end of a tram, I want my money back.

I've despised Ginger Claire for several years. Her and Ashley have been at the centre of the most boring, nothing-happening storylines of recent Corrie history. They are the Smackdown midcard of British soaps.

• Paid Members

I have a friend who works on the show and has filled me in on who goes and what happens after. Not speaking a word...unless you're desperate send us a PM ;)

I have to say though I'm really pleased at who they've chosen apart from one person, but they've ruined that character anyway.

For those who may not have seen it, a trailer for the 50th anniversary week is out and I must say, it really looks like they've gone all out in making this epic.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coron...th-trailer.html

That was very impressive! Looked very feature film-esque. I am not an avid Corrie viewer, but I will definitely be checking it out all this week. Hopefully the live episode will go ok, as well.

This thread is fantastic. Stape should be fantastic killing the bitch, if only they sampled Michael Cole over the footage screaming 'No! NOT THIS WAY!". I just hope Tyrone rises from his jobber status to stand up to the might of his ex-tag-team partner Molly after she turned on him to join forces with Kevin Webster, who is an intriguing tweener depending on whether he's supporting his wife's cancer battle (that turned her face) or sleeping with the wife of his mechanic.

I think the plan to turn Carla Connor face was a fucking flop. There is nothing likeable about this slag's personality at all. She treats everyone like shit but now that she's a lush we're meant to feel sorry for her?! Thankfully Corrie's bookers saw this and turned her back into a heartless bitch as she sent The Nature Boy Ken Barlow off to find Leanne with her gob round Nick's helmet.

01_12_CORO_KEN_CATCH_01.JPG

Archived