Snake's WWE Invasion 'Royal Mafia Rumble'

Snake Plissken

• Paid Members
Well which way are you leaning at the moment Chris?

I've not moved my vote. Lawz' post does seem pretty damning for SMS. Nexus is...baffling, but I can see how he may have been picking up bad play as a scum tell. Obviously, he then proceeded to do bad play anyway. I think, also, people tend to forget how much catching up needs to be done if you've not read the thread recently - any time I've been away for a length of time, I try to catch up completely. So I'm not reading too much into Mike's point, but it depends how active Nexus has been. Mike?

Meanwhile, talking of Mike, something about him continues to rub me up the wrong way. I think it's that he gives off the attitude that if you push people he suspects, you're scum hunting. If you push people he doesn't suspect, you're diverting people from scum hunting. He seemed to be doing it in the middle of the Dan/Ron argument earlier.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
So I'm not reading too much into Mike's point, but it depends how active Nexus has been. Mike?

Not hugely, but considering how far everything's moved on, I'd have suspected he would be checking in, he's online now for one thing.

Meanwhile, talking of Mike, something about him continues to rub me up the wrong way. I think it's that he gives off the attitude that if you push people he suspects, you're scum hunting. If you push people he doesn't suspect, you're diverting people from scum hunting. He seemed to be doing it in the middle of the Dan/Ron argument earlier.

Mind pulling out a quote of what you're talking about in regards to the Dan/Ron argument so I can properly respond to it?

• Paid Members

This post here.

I don't know much about Nexus as a player so I'm going to exclude him from this, but Mike - what do you make of SMS and Dan Williams actions when you take their track records into consideration? Does that make you less likely or more likely to suspect them?

I'm crap at looking at meta, it's one of the reasons I rarely use it in games as a whole.

Nexus can at times get a bit emotional at times (not in the sense of getting emotionally involved, just that, like me, he can get frustrated at the directions people are taking). Not noticed that yet here, but then he's barely been around either.

SMS and Dan... I really never notice too much in games, SMS I rarely notice in the games, even at the points he's active. Except of course for the game Nexus ran in which he imploded of course, but I wont take that game as evidence of his style, just evidence that he let his emotions go on that one.

The only things I truly notice are stuff like TripleA's acting on gut waaaay too much, and thus leading to votes and actions that can hinder the town than help them. (see: Last game), swift's solid ability to scum hunt (I think it was that he was putting such a small effort into scum hunt, and so much into leading the town in the last game that lead to me thinking he should have been lynched last game, even if I did already have the roles to hand after I was lynched), and of course your attacking anyone who so much as looks to be considering you as scum.

Other than that, I don't tend to notice too much from game to game, and take each one with a grain of salt.

or if that was tl;dr:

I suck balls when it comes to meta play for the most part.

Also guys... this discussion between you about whether or not Dan deliberately buddied me and TripleA, or whether he was constantly asked to repeat himself doesn't need to happen, it is distracting from scum hunting, the rest of us can quite easily go back and see what was said ourselves if we feel either of you need investigating further.

• Paid Members

I've been posting over on MS because one of them is in a Day 5 where I actually have reads, and the other one is Day 1, where I've posted twice in that thread, both random votes, which always get me in trouble over here.

I haven't posted here because a) it goes ridiculously fast, and too many people talk too much shit, and b) I've tried to answer the accusations, and if you aren't satisfied, you can go deal with it.

I'm not scum. When I'm scum, I don't lie low, I try and sow confusion.

SMS is scum. He has to be. He's made so many scummy statements. We should lynch him today.

• Paid Members

Chris, my reasoning for that post was because it wasn't scum hunting, it was an argument between two people that neither was going to back down on. Like I say, the rest of us can go back and see what was said between them if we feel the need to. So they don't need to convince the rest of us, and they aren't about to convince the other person either, as if the other person is scum they'll just continually refute the issue, and if they're town they're not going to just back down suddenly either.

So yeah, I'm all for scum hunting, but that wasn't scum hunting, that was two people bickering.

And Nexus, you say SMS has made "so many scummy statements" but so far the only issues on him have been the Ron comment, and possibly using AtE (Appeal to Emotion for the fresh people), have you anything to add beyond that which supports the "scummy statements" line?

• Paid Members

As it's the first day, no, not really, but compared to most first days, it's a pretty damn solid lead to follow up on, don't you think?

Obviously, you've got your tunnel-o-vision glasses on, so can't see past your current accusations, so I dunno why I'm trying to assuage you.

• Paid Members
As it's the first day, no, not really, but compared to most first days, it's a pretty damn solid lead to follow up on, don't you think?

Obviously, you've got your tunnel-o-vision glasses on, so can't see past your current accusations, so I dunno why I'm trying to assuage you.

Actually Nexus, I was asking you to clarify your reasoning, because if you had some more in depth reasoning I wanted to hear it. The fact you haven't, and rather than just saying as much, decided to try and make out I was attacking you, when I quite clearly wasn't, tells me plenty about your stance on it.

There's also his roleclaim of a role the mod said he'd probably never use.

Again, while it's not great for SMS in general look, we shouldn't be playing mod WIFOM here. As if he flips town roleblocker, and we lynch him without properly scum hunting as well, then we're basically fucked for tomorrow.

On the flip side, it's possible that SMS remembered that and hoped nobody else had, and so realized it's a role that is unlikely to get counter claimed.

• Paid Members

I believe the SMS may be pursuing a rouse, however that's a gamble.

From my standpoint, I believe we have options;

to lynch SMS would mean we catch him out and call his bluff, OR we lynch him and he was telling the truth, we loose a roleblocker. However from loosing him we may very well be able to determine scum from the angling already made so far in this thread, it would also nulify any WIFOM quandries if he's not taken out and would get rid of the need of any possible investigation come the night phase.

Well it seems I am a prime suspect all because I trusted 2 players who appeared to be scum hunting, vote me off if you want but please don't waste this day and have it end in a no lynch we all know this only benefits scum. Oh and if you do vote me off and Ron flips scum remember that I told you so.

• Paid Members

You didn't ask me to clarify, you asked "do you have anything to add?" Which I said, "No." I then commented that you won't support any lynch beyond your favourites because, as always, you get stuck on one thing. There's not just one or two scumbags Mikey boy.

Right guys, first of all I am not looking for sympathy, I was being honest about why I haven't been able to actively take part in this game as much as I usually do the others.

For me or anyone else to make up any kind of excuse so they can have some time away from the game, so nobody suspects them to be scum, is one of the worst things a player in a game like this can do and I wouldn't want to play with people who want to win so badly they have to cheat like that.

Secondly, I am on my way back home as it is still unknown when the burial will take place because of the weather, so despite things looking bad for me right now I will be online sometime tomorrow morning and will answer the next five questions asked but only one question per person.

Also Triple A, I would near clarification from the mod that I can rephrase me role pm as the rules say soething about not talking about your pm and as I am using my phone, it is very awkward to keep jumping pages and reading back through everything.

I know it looks bad on me, especially with the message about no roleblockers in his games from the mod himself, but you have to believe me.

I will continue to be honest with you all, even going so far as to admit right now if one of you were in my situation, I would have probably voted for you myself, but I am honestly a roleblocker.

I can't prove it at this time, I can't quote my pm and am not sure if it is in towns best interest if I do, as parts of it may give scum more ammunition against town.

Ron and Nexus are both playing very aggressive where as I am playing much calmer, but that is probably down to me being in this situation before, so I don't think that is enough evidence on its own to vote for them but we must vote for someone other than me.

Let the scum worry about me, as I will probably be killed overnight, so you will all see that I am town anyhow.

I don't want the towns doctor, if we have one, to waste their ability protecting me when there are others out there who might need better protection than me.

After all, I guess I am a Dead Man Walking, so I will see you all in the morning for what might be my last post / posts of this current game.

Please don't lynch me before I at least get the chance to answer your questions.

Thanks!

• Paid Members
Also Triple A, I would near clarification from the mod that I can rephrase me role pm as the rules say soething about not talking about your pm and as I am using my phone, it is very awkward to keep jumping pages and reading back through everything.

I know it looks bad on me, especially with the message about no roleblockers in his games from the mod himself, but you have to believe me.

I will continue to be honest with you all, even going so far as to admit right now if one of you were in my situation, I would have probably voted for you myself, but I am honestly a roleblocker.

I can't prove it at this time, I can't quote my pm and am not sure if it is in towns best interest if I do, as parts of it may give scum more ammunition against town.

Actually it was me who asked you about paraphrasing the PM - it's the flavour I'd like you to paraphrase. Snake likes to add flavour to his PMs, no matter what role you're in, and I'd like to know the context of yours in relation to your role. It says in the rules we CAN paraphrase, but we can't quote.

• Paid Members

No it doesn't Ron, I suggest you go and read rule 7 again. You can on role claim which SMS has done And tell us your character name. You have already been warned on this point. Don't push it or I will take further action.

Archived