Chris Masters

Smegma Cake

Ever since WWE re-hired Chris Masters I've been confused as to why we haven't seen them try push him as a top player, especially on Smackdown. I enjoyed his first run, I enjoyed his face turn and I'm glad he's still over despite dropping the 'pec dance' which initially gave him that face turn.

He's still very young in pro wrestling terms, 27, he's obviously got a good look but his matches have improved greatly. With Taker being out, Christian being out, Mysterio possibly being out and Edge prone to injury. Does anyone else think they could put Masters up the card to give them a new face, who can realistically 'look' like he could beat the top guys.

With guys like Jack Swagger flirting with the Main Event, I don't see why someone like Chris Masters couldn't slot in there easily. At least one of those 'trial' pushes, just to test the waters.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He really shines on Superstars lately. The crowd seem behind him. I think it would take some work to get him to the top level after the comedy route they took with him. Wasn't he slated by Triple H in his early days for smashing someone's face in with the polish hammer?

I think he's been wasted really, ever since he returned on Raw and had a match with MVP I thought there was room for him in an important role. In my opinion I think he should get a 'test the waters' push and maybe get a victory of Del Rio or something along them lines to move him up the card a bit.

There's some good lads on the forum that rate Masters really highly, but I'm not a fan. He's like a babyface equivalent of Dolph Ziggler to me, ability-wise. Obviously Masters doesn't get twenty minutes a week on Smackdown so he doesn't annoy me as much as Ziggler does, though.

He really shines on Superstars lately. The crowd seem behind him. I think it would take some work to get him to the top level after the comedy route they took with him. Wasn't he slated by Triple H in his early days for smashing someone's face in with the polish hammer?

Somehow I don't think Triple H cared much about Stevie Richards face. Might be different though.

I do remember him having a very good match with HBK on a Raw house show in Manchester. But HBK can have a good match with anyone. I still think his ring work has improved immensely.

• Paid Members

Somehow I don't think Triple H cared much about Stevie Richards face. Might be different though.

Yeah, I've always pictured him sat on a throne made of the bones of those whose pushes he's stalled or derailed, cackling at the misfortune of others, and planning to install all new glass ceilings.

• Paid Members

You must be kidding. He has "irrelevant" printed all over him. When you sit down and think "who do I want to see on the PPV" who the hell thinks "Chris Masters?" Once he and Carlito split up, either side of his absence he has been meaningless card filler and it would take major work to portray him as anything but. I can't imagine ever looking at the screen and thinking anything other than "Masters. Loser, Superstars fodder." MAJOR work.

Archived