Chris Masters

Smegma Cake

You must be kidding. He has "irrelevant" printed all over him. When you sit down and think "who do I want to see on the PPV" who the hell thinks "Chris Masters?" Once he and Carlito split up, either side of his absence he has been meaningless card filler and it would take major work to portray him as anything but. I can't imagine ever looking at the screen and thinking anything other than "Masters. Loser, Superstars fodder." MAJOR work.

Yeah that pretty much sums it up, he'll have matches on Superstars and undercard matches on SmackDown and probably be released within the next 12 months

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

he doesnt have main even potential, but damn his work has improved. I saw a match from Superstars with him against Drew McIntyre and it was a great match, Masters selling in particular was great and drew you in. Main Event potential, no. Maybe an IC contender, but he has vastly improved

• Paid Members

I can't see Masters being taken seriously as a Main Eventer, at least not in WWE.

WWE have conditioned fans to only care about certain members of the roster. You can have all the potential in the world but if the fans see you as a Jobber then it's going to be hard to get them to care about you again, and I don't see WWE investing that kind of time and effort in Masters.

I don't see him getting fired anytime soon though. The clip of Triple H mocking him on TV for getting off steroids could be a P.R disaster for WWE, if Masters was a free agent. They are much better keeping him around, even if it is only on Superstars.

• Paid Members

I think judging by his size alone he has a shot of main eventing in the future. As another poster said, he's only 27 and in pro wrestling terms these days that's an infancy. He's got a great look, can work face or heel and has a solid foundation to build upon. He's not Lou Thesz, but he's far from terrible.

Also, whilst he's not as over now, there's no doubt Masters can get over. In his initial heel run he was getting some good heat despite a sluggish start. In particular his Masterlock was bought as a legit finisher and when it was locked in you knew it would either be curtains or take some big to break it. I think a good start would be to build up the Masterlock up again as an inescapable finisher and rebuild the aura it once had.

I can't see Masters being taken seriously as a Main Eventer, at least not in WWE.

WWE have conditioned fans to only care about certain members of the roster. You can have all the potential in the world but if the fans see you as a Jobber then it's going to be hard to get them to care about you again, and I don't see WWE investing that kind of time and effort in Masters.

There has been the odd occasion where jobbers that looked to be going no where have managed to turn it around. Look at what Regal was doing prior to 2008, then he started getting a major push. Granted he fucked it up.

But also Ziggler looked like he was going no-where and would be released before his trade to Smackdown.

Also, who would have thought the MIz would be a main eventer two years ago.

The WWE can push whomever they want if they have the right tools. And in all honesty, I think that Masters could do well if the WWE wanted to push him.

the thing is, he hasnt been good on superstars! his work is terrible,

Yes he has and no it isn't. Chris Masters has improved HUGELY in the last year or so. He manages to get more out of a two-minute squash than most guys do in a ten-minute back and forth. He isn't credible, and his current booking isn't going to help that, but he's basically the new Val Venis in terms of being a sold dependable hand who can have a good match with almost anyone.

• Moderators

Main event? No. But I fucking bum MASTERS and he's a perfect mid-card hand in the way of Goldust. He can get people involved in his matches as a heel or a face, and he doesn't wrestle like a crippled Ivan Putski these days, he's really quite good. He could shit a better 20 minute match than half the smackdown midcard because he appreciates body language and involvement.

He could shit a better 20 minute match than half the smackdown midcard because he appreciates body language and involvement.

That's exactly my opinion. He's better than a lot of the guys on Smackdown. Guys like Kingston, Ziggler, MVP and even Swagger. All of whom are decent, Masters is equal to them or better. I'm not saying have him challenge Taker, Kane and Big Show straight from the start. But he could easily rise to the level of Christian, where he's a good hand to slot in the Main Event scene if they ever needed. Like I said he's still young, he's obviously improved and you could call him a veteran. At least a veteran of the company, he's been there a good while now. Established finisher, established character. Decent in the ring, GREAT look...crowd reactions are OK but could be better if WWE fed him a couple of lower guys like Vance Archer and company.

Archived