IPW:The 6th Annual BRAWL AT THE HALL, Sun 5th December, Sittingbourne

Andy

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Boner's dead!?"

dont want to sound like an idiot but what is that in reference too, i dont understand why its funny!

During the interview (where it's probably a good bet that they were both high) they were talking about Andrew Koenig who played a character called Boner in the US sitcom Growing Pains. The interviewer mentioned that he had been found dead that day and they exclaimed "Boners Dead" in a weird stoned shock tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4tCqU4g4m0

"Boner's dead!?"

dont want to sound like an idiot but what is that in reference too, i dont understand why its funny!

During the interview (where it's probably a good bet that they were both high) they were talking about Andrew Koenig who played a character called Boner in the US sitcom Growing Pains. The interviewer mentioned that he had been found dead that day and they exclaimed "Boners Dead" in a weird stoned shock tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4tCqU4g4m0

Yeah, it's more their reactions. I believe someone on here has it as a sig. Makes me legitimately laugh out loud every time I see it.

Kendrick's "the sun is cold" verbiage is great too.

Kendrick: (Completely serious.) "Why do you get colder the higher up in the air you go?....It's cos the sun is cold man. I'm tellin' ya!!

London: (Stoned) ........wow.........

On Japan....

Kendrick "I'm a short dicked Irishman, but, man, Japanese condoms are so small I feel like fuckin' Superman over there"

On Benoit....

London "He was like tri-polar, which is a whole new level of polarity where you're completely fucked up."

London "He wanted me to fuck the waitress while he and Jamie Noble jerked off in the closet".

Just priceless stuff.

This show looks like a top-to-bottom amazing card. I can't wait for some smashmouth action from Big Dave and Sha, some balls-to-the-wall incredible tag team action in the round robin tournament, and the awesome spectacle that will be Haskins v Edwards. Add to that the mystery of who Red's Men will be, and I'm sold on this by a mile!

So yeah may as well add this to my earlier thoughts:

International Singles Match

Mark Haskins vs Eddie Edwards

Thoughts: Eddie's third and final match of the weekend as he is put against three of the UK's best in El Ligero on the Friday up in 3CW, Zack Sabre Jnr on Saturday for Germany's WXW, and then ends with Mark Haskins. All three matches certainly look very appealing on paper and I'm very happy that I'm on course to witness two out of the three. Eddie, while the current and only ROH TV Champion, is *still* underrated as a singles wrestler. But then when you're part of one of America's best tag teams going right now in the American Wolves, and you have tag matches to your name the likes of the one in NOAH UK two years ago, and more recently the two ROH Champions of he and Roderick Strong's matches against Atsushi Aoki and KENTA (definitely check those two matches out if you haven't seen them yet), with Tag matches to this quality, it would be very easy to think Eddie can't compare as a singles wrestler. And, very surprisingly on account of him holding a singles Title right now, it is still on the rare side that you see him in singles matches. But when he gets the opportunity, he's had great singles matches with everyone he's faced this year. Davey Richards. Christopher Daniels. Tyler Black. Those matches went a long way to being contenders for MOTN on all shows they were on, yet you still don't hear much talk about Eddie Edwards the singles wrestler. Well hopefully on all three nights, for all three matches, people are talking about Eddie Edwards, the singles star. Actually, you could say that Haskins has been underrated as a singles wrestler in this past year. While no doubt his breaking away from The Thrillers and going to Dragon Gate has seen Haskins involved more in singles matches, having great ones in IPW:UK against PAC and Matt Cross already, Haskins is still waiting for that string of singles matches that sets him apart, and further distances himself from the Tag wrestler label. A wrestling clinic against Eddie would go a long way, and also show another side of his wrestling skills after the prior mentioned matches against PAC and Matt Cross were more 'cruserweight' style matches. The only thing I'm (slightly) concerned about is any political ramifications from a NOAH gaijin facing a Dragon Gate gaijin, but seen as that issue hasn't really come up much in America, I don't think there should be any major issues.

Prediction: Mark Haskins over Eddie Edwards

Archived